Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing during “shelter in place”

Posted By: i-Fish

Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 02:29 PM

If I’m fishing for food am I reasonably allowed to do that. Zero human contact between my house and the lake and back....honest question. Any law enforcement on this forum with some insight?
Posted By: SkeeterB

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 02:43 PM

My wife is a cop and she said things are so vague.
Posted By: kinggabbo

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 02:46 PM

Supposedly outdoor activities are fine with most of these "orders" as long as you are "social distancing"
Posted By: Bassalong

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 06:51 PM

We"ll find out.
Posted By: Bassalong

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 06:51 PM

We"ll find out.
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 08:46 PM

I don't believe that a shelter in place has been ordered anywhere.
Posted By: FACSR

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by TxRanger1
I don't believe that a shelter in place has been ordered anywhere.

Milam and Bell county has
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 08:54 PM

I posted a link to the dallas shelter in place order and you are good to go..

https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/judge-jenkins/covid-19/FAQ-StayHomeStaySafe.pdf
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 09:59 PM

My boat is my "shelter"
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/24/20 10:09 PM

Outdoor activities are fine, my wife golfed today and the course was packed! Get outdoors!!!!!!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/25/20 11:32 AM

Enjoy the outdoors without group pics, hugs, or huddles.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/25/20 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Enjoy the outdoors without group pics, hugs, or huddles.

Haha pretty much.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/25/20 02:50 PM

Nobody is more “compromised” than my wife. A healthy girl otherwise she has struggled with liver issues for about 20 years. It became “unmanageable” this last year. Two months ago God(and an unfortunate family) blessed us with a new liver in January. All is going great....except now she takes $1200 a month worth the anti-rejection medication that keeps her otherwise healthy immune system very depressed. Without these meds her body will immediately reject this (foreign) new liver. Our response to social distancing? We are leaving in the morning to go to Pandale Texas and go hang out on the Pecos River just above the confluence with the Rio Grande River just above Lake Amistad. Kayak, camp, sit in the river, wade fish, hang out.... 60 miles south of Ozona and 60 miles north of
Comstock. Bout as socially distanced as I can get right now! cool
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/25/20 03:59 PM

No more outdoor orgies. Dang
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Fishing during “shelter in place” - 03/25/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
Nobody is more “compromised” than my wife. A healthy girl otherwise she has struggled with liver issues for about 20 years. It became “unmanageable” this last year. Two months ago God(and an unfortunate family) blessed us with a new liver in January. All is going great....except now she takes $1200 a month worth the anti-rejection medication that keeps her otherwise healthy immune system very depressed. Without these meds her body will immediately reject this (foreign) new liver. Our response to social distancing? We are leaving in the morning to go to Pandale Texas and go hang out on the Pecos River just above the confluence with the Rio Grande River just above Lake Amistad. Kayak, camp, sit in the river, wade fish, hang out.... 60 miles south of Ozona and 60 miles north of
Comstock. Bout as socially distanced as I can get right now! cool

It is fantastic down there. Some day you need to do the trip from Pandale down to the Rio. It is a 60 mile commitment and you need to be prepared but it is awesome!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum