Texas Fishing Forum

Shimano Poison Rods?

Posted By: Ibock

Shimano Poison Rods? - 03/24/20 03:12 AM

I was wondering if anyone has these? I have 2 Exprides and love them. I was wondering how the compare. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Shimano Poison Rods? - 03/24/20 04:08 AM

Everything ive seen has been good reviews and they say its definalty a step up from exprides
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Shimano Poison Rods? - 03/24/20 10:25 PM

If you want to pay over $300 for these rods, go for it. There a hundreds of less expensive rods that will do the same job. JMO.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Shimano Poison Rods? - 03/24/20 10:48 PM

Someone's always gotta bash the price of something. If someone else likes it and can afford it why should you care.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Shimano Poison Rods? - 03/25/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Someone's always gotta bash the price of something. If someone else likes it and can afford it why should you care.

Have you never "bashed" prices? I bet you don't pay sticker when you go buy a car!
Posted By: Ibock

Re: Shimano Poison Rods? - 03/26/20 06:22 PM

I just wanted to k ow if anyone had used them not to bash something they have never used lol.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Shimano Poison Rods? - 03/26/20 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ibock
I just wanted to k ow if anyone had used them not to bash something they have never used lol.

Who’s bashing? Haha.

I like them. I think the rods are made using Loomis made blanks. That alone means they are a quality product that isn’t gonna be cheap. Also, given that a house brand rod from Academy or BPS can cost $150 or more, a $300 halo product from a reputable brand is a bargain.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum