Texas Fishing Forum

Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low?

Posted By: ReelSlow

Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 02:48 PM

I have no plans to change my fishing habits. I don't fish tournaments, I fish alone, I don't need to go into any public places to and from the lake, I don't plan on getting in someone's face at the ramp.

I was rigged and ready to leave this morning but fog is hanging around too much to risk getting ran over on the water, so the rest of the week i will be out there.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 02:53 PM

Well stated Sir.
Me too.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 02:55 PM

I like your answer Sir!!
Posted By: saibling

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 04:06 PM

Best trip ever yesterday, look forward to hitting it this week. 75 keepers top 5 weighting 19.5 fished till 1430 deciding 75 keepers was a nice stopping point. We left them biting.
Posted By: rcjoutdoors

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 04:10 PM

Still out there pond hopping after work for a couple hours to get me out of the house
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 04:13 PM

I am heading up to lake house on Texoma in the next day or two, will be social distancing there along with the fish.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 04:17 PM

I fished the last 10 days on 4 different lakes
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 04:18 PM

I have been at the store pretty much non stop with having to cover hours while keeping our overtime down, I do hope to catch a mental break and go this week some.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 04:20 PM

Still fishing but llmiting interactions with partners. If you live in Dallas County (shelter in place order in effect) you may get ticketed towing a boat going to the lake. Other counties will follow shortly.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 04:21 PM

Still? This is why I reside by the water! Ain’t nothing going to stop me from wetting a line!
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 04:25 PM

Put in 10 hours of casting yesterday. Gotta get it in while I still can. With no tournaments I’ve been targeting those fat slot fish.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Barn

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 05:16 PM

I hope to get out to the lake a couple of days this week. Hoping that the fish aren't practicing social distancing. hammer It's been a couple of months since I had a chance to be on the water.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by bassnman
Still fishing but llmiting interactions with partners. If you live in Dallas County (shelter in place order in effect) you may get ticketed towing a boat going to the lake. Other counties will follow shortly.

Hoping these cover you guys

. Definitions:
a. For purposes of this Order, individuals may leave their residence only to perform
any of the following “Essential Activities”:
i. To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety,
or to the health and safety of their family or household members (for
example, obtaining medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care
professional, or obtaining supplies need to work from home).
ii. To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or
household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others (for
example, food, pet supply, and any other household consumer products, and
products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation
of residences.
DALLAS COUNTY
iii. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with social
distancing requirements of six feet
Posted By: krthomas2

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 05:43 PM

I'm fishing as much as possible, not stopping at the stores, straight to lake and back. There are lots of people out on the lakes enjoying the fishing and outdoor time.
Posted By: speedcrawler

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 06:21 PM

I'm still fishing whenever possible. Whenever I stop for gas, I pay at the pump and use hand sanitizer before and after, if I need to run into convenience store for ice or snack, I keep my distance and use hand sanitizer before and after and avoid touching my face. I figure I'm more at risk having to go to grocery store to get food than I am going fishing for the day. I'm really not that concerned for myself getting the virus but don't want to be responsible giving it to my family or friends either. Heck, my wife and I were sick over the holidays and figured it was a cold or flu and now we think we probably already had it with the symptoms we experienced. I'm sure there are many, many people who have already had this that never knew it. My guess is death rate is well below 1% when all is said and done.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 06:25 PM

Planning on spending the next 14 days fishing. Starting tonight at 11:59. cheers

I fish 4 days a week....so what’s 3 more?
Posted By: metalruch1

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 06:45 PM

I was wondering about this... could we just say, we are getting outdoor time?

If I can get away with towing to Jordan Park on Ray Bob's, I'm going fishing!
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 07:14 PM

my son lives on Lake Lanier and sails frequently....he told me this past Saturday was busiest he can ever recall seeing on the lake...all types of boats including bass boats....
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 08:00 PM

Fished last Thursday at Toledo, had almost 40 fish to 4lbs and water temps as high as 77 degrees.
Friday heavy rain at Sam Rayburn only fished the afternoon for about 10 fish to 5lbs.
Fish Sam on Saturday, water temps dropped to 66-67 and windy, caught 25 to 6 lbs.
Numbers were for 2 guys each day, lot on Senkos-type baits and handful on spinner bait.

Trips were already planned and booked, so no reason to cancel as we avoided groups of people.
Back to work or I would be going again soon.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 08:28 PM

Was out yesterday, caught a few. Lot's of boats in the area we were fishing. Would like to meet you out there sometime.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 08:28 PM

A smith county Judge said he will NOT give a shelter in place order. Also Clay Jenkins said people need to self police..
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 09:37 PM

You guys fishing just make me sick. I'm in healthcare and we had all planned leave canceled and I'm on call 24x7.
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 10:20 PM

I was planning on going tomorrow.. was waiting on the weather to clear out and dang If I didn't get food poisoning over the weekend. Nasty diarrhea and fever.. no respitory stuff at all. Still recovering but hope to get out later in the week.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Durham
I was planning on going tomorrow.. was waiting on the weather to clear out and dang If I didn't get food poisoning over the weekend. Nasty diarrhea and fever.. no respitory stuff at all. Still recovering but hope to get out later in the week.

Where you going? That way I can make sure to social distance from you lol
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 11:44 PM

I got to fish on Saturday, but my work is getting crazy and I could really use another day on the water.

On one side of it, I'm grateful for the job security- but things are getting kinda crazy out there and I wish I could work from home. I plan on fishing as much as I possibly can, which is once a week.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/23/20 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Durham

Food poisoning, yeah heard that before.....😷😷😷😷
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/24/20 12:08 AM

So if your county is on lockdown, can you still go to the lake?

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/24/20 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
You guys fishing just make me sick. I'm in healthcare and we had all planned leave canceled and I'm on call 24x7.

You are appreciated! Thank you.

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/24/20 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Z521L Cranker
So if your county is on lockdown, can you still go to the lake?

I believe the answer is in the order. But, I could be wrong.

I think they suggested that outdoor activity is good mental wellness and is appropriate with keeping with limited exposure to others and social distancing. They most important thing is to be smart, and be safe. Do not take unnecessary risks. Don’t stop at Walmart for zoom worms and such.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/24/20 01:03 AM

Thank you! flehan
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/24/20 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

You are appreciated! Thank you.

Thank you! And thanks Bigdozer. I’m not getting much sleep, much less fishing. Y’all talk about all your fishing and take pics, videos-I love just getting on the forum and hearing stories, seeing pics, etc.
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: Are you still out there fishing hard or laying low? - 03/24/20 02:27 AM

I figure it's still allowed until they lock down the boat ramps. The high water closures are causing more problems at the moment.

My biggest problem is I'm working from home and all the nationwide lockdowns are causing havoc in our business. Working harder at home than at the office.

Stay safe folks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum