Texas Fishing Forum

New boat opinion

Posted By: Arklatexfish

New boat opinion - 03/21/20 05:53 PM

I have owned several boats in the past including Ranger and Triton. I have been out of fishing for a couple of years and I’m ready to get another boat. Interested in hearing everyone’s thoughts on boat brands and models before purchasing my next boat. Looking at a 20 or 21 ft boat with 250hp motor.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: angleiron

Re: New boat opinion - 03/21/20 05:57 PM

If you want great quality, performance, choice of engine, and superior customer support, Bass Cat has to be in the conversation.
Posted By: Arklatexfish

Re: New boat opinion - 03/21/20 06:02 PM

Thanks!! I’ve never really looked at Bass Cat but not opposed. What is their top of the line model?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: New boat opinion - 03/21/20 06:05 PM

Wait till you see the prices, 70K and more is standard now of days
Posted By: shooter920

Re: New boat opinion - 03/21/20 06:06 PM

Your about to learn a whole lot of nothing from this thread.
Posted By: MCIPinkie

Re: New boat opinion - 03/21/20 06:08 PM

Ranger, Skeeter, Bass Cat, Phoenix, Nitro are probably the top selling lines. There are other fine boats that don't make the top list. They all produce boats in your category. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

Everyone here, including me, will have an opinion. There is no short cut. You will have to SEE what you like and what is in your budget.

I'll write you a novel on why you should buy a Skeeter !!
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: New boat opinion - 03/21/20 06:10 PM

Phoenix
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: New boat opinion - 03/21/20 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by MCIPinkie
Ranger, Skeeter, Bass Cat, Phoenix, Nitro are probably the top selling lines. There are other fine boats that don't make the top list. They all produce boats in your category. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

Everyone here, including me, will have an opinion. There is no short cut. You will have to SEE what you like and what is in your budget.

I'll write you a novel on why you should buy a Skeeter !!

This.......what boat appeals to your eyes and how do you want it laid out and ride. I like Bass Cats, Rangers, and Tritons but would ride a Skeeter, Nitro, or any other brand if the deal is right. As this virus gets a hold of our economy there will be a ton of used rigs for sale in every shape, size, and age shortly; some deeply discounted just to get out of the payments. If you are thinking new I'd probably wait a bit and see how this plays out. This might hit the new boat market so hard they get cheaper too and you might wind up loosing a ton of equity. like I said, It's all still got to play out, so we'll see.
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: New boat opinion - 03/22/20 03:41 AM

Basscat customer service is tough to beat!
Pheonix boats are super nice and probably what is hottest currently
I would look at those two pretty closely
Also try and get a ride in a Falcon (they are... different)
Ballistic, Bullet, Blazer
Honestly the dealer who has the best service near you would with the boat you like best would probably get my vote
Posted By: dk2429

Re: New boat opinion - 03/22/20 07:32 AM

Bullet!
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: New boat opinion - 03/22/20 12:03 PM

My favorite new boats are Chargers and Bass Cats.

I have a 1992 Champion. There is a reason I have a 28 year old boat! $$$$$$$$

Wayne
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: New boat opinion - 03/22/20 12:30 PM

Unless you’re loaded, don’t buy new. Tons of really nice, used rigs up for sale and with COVID19, there may a lot more coming.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: New boat opinion - 03/22/20 01:55 PM

With the economy tanking probably about to be a bunch of slightly used bass boats hitting the market. Establish what your expectations are in speed, ride, comfort, layout and ease of access to anything you may have to work on inside of boat and then start comparing.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: New boat opinion - 03/22/20 01:56 PM

Go used boat and save many thousands! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum