Texas Fishing Forum

Boarding Steps

Posted By: Flip-n-go

Boarding Steps - 03/20/20 08:50 PM

I'm looking at purchasing boarding steps for the Ranger. Trick Step & Easy Step are the 2 companies most heard about, are there more options out there besides custom fabrication?
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 12:53 AM

dtsinnovations.com
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Topwater2
dtsinnovations.com

Those steps look like an emergency room waiting to happen(for me). They need to be closer spaced and a handle of some type.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 07:13 AM

IT's hard to go wrong with Trick-Step, especially for a Ranger since they have great customization for a lot of Ranger models.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Topwater2
dtsinnovations.com

Those steps look like an emergency room waiting to happen(for me). They need to be closer spaced and a handle of some type.
I have to agree: [Linked Image]
I certainly understand the need for aftermarket boarding products especially as the years add up on our bodies(ME!) but honestly I can’t come up with a better way to board my trailered Ranger 521 than stepping up on the big trailer sidestep by the fender and throwing my leg over the gunnel on the passenger side and stepping in the boat right in front of the boats passenger seat. Kinda like climbing on a horse. Of course not all trailers are built/shaped the same. Maybe the day is coming that this method won’t work anymore!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 12:46 PM

TRICK STEP ! I put mine on in about 30 minutes with a socket set.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 02:19 PM

I finally got the trick step for my ranger. Not sure why I waited so long. I LOVE it.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 02:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Love my East Steps, easy to install and over engineered. I happen to know th guy who builds them.
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 03:14 PM

Thanks everyone. I fish solo mostly anymore, so instead of rolling in & out like a walrus, steps would be nice. Der Vorsteher, really like the look & build of the Easy Step. Think I'll give 'em a call.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
[Linked Image]

Love my East Steps, easy to install and over engineered. I happen to know th guy who builds them.

Dear sir, I would like to purchase your Easy Steps, please contact me via privately massaged. Best, FTT
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 04:21 PM

Easy Step is some of the best money i ever spent.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 04:46 PM

Mine are like Jim Sr and they are a lifesaver on my Ranger Trailer.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 07:12 PM

[quote=JIM SR.]TRICK STEP ! I put mine on in about 30 minutes with a socket set.

[Linked Image]
[/quote)

HOw does it work around your break away tongue? Does in inhibit moving it all the way to the shortest position? Price?

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
[Linked Image]

Dear sir, I would like to purchase your Easy Steps, please contact me via privately massaged. Best, FTT

$999
Posted By: beeflover

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 08:02 PM

$999! For a couple of steps?
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites
[quote=JIM SR.]TRICK STEP ! I put mine on in about 30 minutes with a socket set.

[Linked Image]
[/quote)

HOw does it work around your break away tongue? Does in inhibit moving it all the way to the shortest position? Price?

you can swap the bolt and pin and swing to the other side
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by beeflover
m

Yikes!!!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

[Linked Image]
[/quote)

you can swap the bolt and pin and swing to the other side

Its been a while but I'll try and remember....when I first wanted one, the owner had me send him a picture of my trailer front and tongue area,
because he had to make the bolted angle fit. I'm thinking $400.oo to my door. Out of the box it fit like a glove. He can probably make one for either
side. When I bought mine everyone was hand made. I never close my tongue, but I dont think it would be in the way...
I love mine, I'm 265 and it doesnt move when I'm on it. And the steps are adjustable up-down the mount....jim
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wild bill

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/21/20 11:02 PM

Trick step is what I bought myself at Christmas.. With two replaced knees it was very tough getting in and out of boat. There is a bar to help you up and down the steps that are powder coated to prevent slipping. Super good guys at the factory that helped me select the proper unit for my 188 Ranger. Gave me super information on mounting like move the pin from one side of swing tongue to the opposite side. go with the Trick step best thing I have done for this old guy!!
wild bill

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/22/20 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by beeflover

Three steps
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Boarding Steps - 03/22/20 01:45 AM

[Linked Image]
[/quote)

How does it work around your break away tongue? Does in inhibit moving it all the way to the shortest position? Price?

I put Trick Steps on my Ranger RT188 trailer and it takes all of 10 minutes to install them. cheers

My swing away tongue swings that direction and the steps do not interfere with it. flag
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum