Texas Fishing Forum

No tournaments on Lake Texoma till further notice

Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

No tournaments on Lake Texoma till further notice - 03/19/20 06:09 PM

Corps of Engineers on lake Texoma just announced that there will be no more tourneys on the lake till further notice and fines will be given out if caught.
Posted By: J C Outdoors

Re: No tournaments on Lake Texoma till further notice - 03/19/20 06:32 PM

Can you attach the link to what you read or saw?
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: No tournaments on Lake Texoma till further notice - 03/19/20 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by J C Outdoors
Can you attach the link to what you read or saw?

Here is the link for the Fort Worth District Corps of Engineers:

https://www.swf.usace.army.mil/Medi...announce-measures-for-covid-19-in-texas/

"All USACE sponsored events, tournaments, volunteer activities and public meetings are cancelled until further notice."
Posted By: J C Outdoors

Re: No tournaments on Lake Texoma till further notice - 03/19/20 07:34 PM

Thank You I have seen this memo, what I read was "All USACE events, tournaments, volunteer activities and public meetings are cancelled until further notice."

We are not a Corp sponsored event and we weigh at a private marina. We register by text so no crowd and we were planning a drive up weigh in style on the shore of the lake which keeps everyone 50' apart minimum. Anglers Pay, Weigh and Leave we will mail the checks or post results on FB and allow the anglers to drive back through and pick up their checks at 5PM.

I would think we would be totally within the guide lines of the CDC and no crowds larger than 10.

Our event is not until the 29th at such time we may be under marshal law and nobody can leave the house.

I wish OP would list his link for info if its different than this one.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: No tournaments on Lake Texoma till further notice - 03/19/20 09:14 PM

McKinney Bass Club there on 3/28
Posted By: hopalong

Re: No tournaments on Lake Texoma till further notice - 03/19/20 09:26 PM

RATZ ain't skeered!

bunch of us will be there the 3rd/4th on the Okie side. willow springs, e side of 70 bridge and south.

everybody is welcome, frank the tank may need someone to sponsor him though. I have heard rumors!
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: No tournaments on Lake Texoma till further notice - 03/19/20 11:45 PM

They called me today, I was supposed to have a tourney out there, this is straight from the Texoma division Corps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum