Texas Fishing Forum

Lake closings

Posted By: TxRanger1

Lake closings - 03/15/20 11:00 PM

Get ready guys a couple of states have started closing lakes now. How long be Texas follows the course?
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Lake closings - 03/15/20 11:22 PM

What states? I hope they don't I don't think that will help.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake closings - 03/15/20 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by 206champion
What states? I hope they don't I don't think that will help.

Exactly. But.....then again, we have SquawCreek that has closed.

Edit....Squaw probably closed because they never clean their toilets. Lol

Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Lake closings - 03/15/20 11:57 PM

I'm struggling to understand the logic here. We should be encouraging people to avoid malls, movie theaters, and places of public gatherings and pushing them into the forests, lakes, etc. where they're likely to encounter fewer people. Just don't eat the bats while you're out there...
Posted By: RZ520

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 12:08 AM

Dumb idea to close outdoors.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 12:36 AM

No idea where this info came from... I can’t find anything anywhere about lakes being closed.... maybe the nut jobs in California?? Please post a link or something. Spreading of BS information is more of a problem than the actual virus.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 12:49 AM

The safest place would OUTDOORS !!!!
Fake news and the drama queens in the media are making this bigger than it needs to be ----- totally on purpose .
About 10 years ago -- I had a Doctor tell me that I should avoid all/any places that people frequent --- because at the time , my immune system was trashed because a drug I was taking for skin cancer .
He specifically said NOT to go to any movie theatres , or ride on public transportation .
As of Mid day last Thursday , 38 people had died in the US , 17 of them were from one nursing home in Washington . Compare that to 30,000 + people dying from the Flu this year ---- I don't remember the main stream media screaming over those deaths .
H1N1 killed over 17K people in the US ---- were was the MSM then ???? Crickets !!!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by buda13
No idea where this info came from... I can’t find anything anywhere about lakes being closed.... maybe the nut jobs in California?? Please post a link or something. Spreading of BS information is more of a problem than the actual virus.

It’s posted right here on the TFF. I didn’t guess, or assume that Squaw is closed. I read it here.
Posted By: fishinfoo2

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 01:23 AM

They just closed all the lakes and state ran facilities here in Illinois today. No reopen date. Tbd
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 01:26 AM

Lake Athens is CLOSED, all of you go home and stay home. LOL
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 01:27 AM

Illinois did it, I think its state parks only but not 100% sure, doesn't make sense to me to be closing lakes...
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 01:38 AM

I agree it is a massive overreaction!

I do understand their logic, however flawed...

Squaw Creek - The staffing of the park is volunteer or by special assignment. The role requires dealing with the public in a manner beyond the control of the presiding entity. They feel they can limit the exposure within their control. I assume the state parks are the same thing. If it is an unmanned location, I wouldn't expect a closure!
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 02:21 AM

What if you reside on a closed lake?

This is past ridiculous.

de
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 02:34 AM

New Mexico state parks are open for day use only.
You can still fish----- but NO TOURNAMENTS till April 9th. Have no idea how they come to these conclusions. Unless it has something to do with all that Govt aid thats being turned loose. No doubt in my mind this whole situation is politicly driven.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 02:36 AM

Totally Agree!
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 03:40 AM

Rayburn and Squaw ARE CLOSED!!!!
Posted By: BrianID

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 03:53 AM

The governor of NM is shutting down all state parks. The NM governor is a idiot liberal that will hopefully be replaced in the next election.
Elephant Butte in NM is effectively shut down because it is surrounded almost entirely by a State Park. There still might be a way to get a boat launched but I'm not counting on it. Having people outdoors and spread out is a good thing to stop the spread.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429

Where are you seeing Rayburn is closed?
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 05:11 AM

EXACTLY!!!! FAKE NEWS CAUSES PARANOIA AND PANIC ACTIONS
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman
You can still fish----- but NO TOURNAMENTS till April 9th. Have no idea how they come to these conclusions. Unless it has something to do with all that Govt aid thats being turned loose. No doubt in my mind this whole situation is politicly driven.

What? All you have to do is take a look at their govanator, pure 100% liberal dumb arse!!! She just passed a law that if I give my son my fathers 12ga SxS he (son) has to pass a back ground check!!!
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gungle
Originally Posted by fishnfireman

What? All you have to do is take a look at their govanator, pure 100% liberal dumb arse!!! She just passed a law that if I give my son my fathers 12ga SxS he (son) has to pass a back ground check!!!

Thats crazy !!
Story I got--- she is the one who decided what to close as part of her.. Save the state plan
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lake closings - 03/16/20 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by dk2429

Where are you seeing Rayburn is closed?

Because he does not want to down there to fish it.. People post stupid [censored] all the time. The best place to be is in the great outdoors. In 1918 during the pandemic they put people outside in the sun because the sun does your body good.
Go and enjoy the great outdoors and if Gov. Abbott closes our lakes he will get a email and call..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum