Texas Fishing Forum

Two networked Lowrance units each giving different temps

Posted By: texasAUtiger

Two networked Lowrance units each giving different temps - 03/15/20 05:29 PM

I have two networked Lowrance units, one at the console (HDS 12) and one at the bow (HDS 9). They were rigged when I got the boat so I’m not sure, but I think they are both reading temp off one transducer. I have an ultrex and do not see an external transducer on the end of the trolling motor and I thought ultrex’s built in sonar transducer did NOT send temp info, only sonar but please correct me if I’m wrong.

Ok, back to my main point: yesterday the bow unit temp reading started to jump around, at times 10-15 degrees warmer than what my console unit was showing. The console remained steady at what seemed like a realistic reading. But the bow unit would jump around, then settle down to 5-10 degrees warmer than the console reading. I restarted the bow unit, but it didn’t resolve the issue.

A couple of days earlier I started noticing that the bow unit was consistently reading 1-2 degrees warmer than the console, but it was steady.

I have not hit anything or damaged anything and have not messed with any settings.

Any ideas?
Posted By: RZ520

Re: Two networked Lowrance units each giving different temps - 03/15/20 06:07 PM

Might have to all Lowrance on this one.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Two networked Lowrance units each giving different temps - 03/15/20 07:50 PM

I might have to. I can’t figure it out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum