Texas Fishing Forum

16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice

Posted By: MagFluker

16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:00 PM

The MLF announcer just said on live that Roy Hawk caught a 16 pounder in practice....

Why is there no story on this...that's got to be the biggest in Texas the past 5-10 years?
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:01 PM

Just saw that. There was a post about it. No pics that I gave seen
Posted By: Tjbev13

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:02 PM

No longer a rumor!
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:04 PM

they caught a 13 yesterday, can't wait to see the show
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by MagFluker
The MLF announcer just said on live that Roy Hawk caught a 16 pounder in practice....

Why is there no story on this...that's got to be the biggest in Texas the past 5-10 years?

You can't have 20,000 boats on that lake and film MLF, you guys just go on about your business and pretend they are not there
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:13 PM

So Mark was correct! bannana2
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:17 PM

I’ll be patiently waiting for each of you who scolded me and called for my ban to post your screen name, full name and formal apology... let’s see how long it takes... roflmao
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones
I’ll be patiently waiting for each of you who scolded me and called for my ban to post your screen name, full name and formal apology... let’s see how long it takes... roflmao

#godfatherofbass
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:22 PM

Interesting
Posted By: Alan

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:22 PM

I had no doubt Mark!

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:27 PM

Why hide it, is he trying to catch it again? Surely its not on bed anymore
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:34 PM

I just want to see a picture of the bass not because I don't believe it I just want to see it.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:35 PM

TPWD was on their way and Hawk released the fish 15mins before they arrived. He said the fish wasn't doing well and he didn't want to kill her. At least that's what I heard.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:36 PM

Biggest bass in years caught in the state and not donated to the ShareLunker program? Not a single picture?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:38 PM

I like Hawk...happy for him.
Posted By: Chet

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Biggest bass in years caught in the state and not donated to the ShareLunker program? Not a single picture?

This

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 03:44 PM

Surely he got a picture, that's a true giant
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 04:09 PM

Sounds like a few of the whack jobs on here owe an apology.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by tx2va07

But you know they won't...
Posted By: 206champion

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 04:20 PM

I bet they won’t either.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 04:26 PM

wopics
Posted By: John175☮

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

I had no doubt. Big O on the other hand...If he said it was raining I would have to look outside to verify.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

I had no doubt. Big O on the other hand...If he said it was raining I would have to look outside to verify.

roflmao
Posted By: SC-001

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 04:34 PM

Why is it not on the sharelunker website???

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

Because it wasn't donated.

Originally Posted by fouzman
TPWD was on their way and Hawk released the fish 15mins before they arrived. He said the fish wasn't doing well and he didn't want to kill her. At least that's what I heard.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

See Fouzman's post above. cheers

Beat me to it! popcorn2
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:06 PM

Why are apologies owed?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:19 PM

I would like to apologize for my Mo little 12lbers comment.
I would like to formally change that to Mo Little 16lbers....
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:23 PM

I don't mind the fact that it wasn't donated either , those really big ones just look like mutants. Cool to see them.

I can honestly say that I would take some photos , weight and measurements for myself and release as well.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:35 PM

Third thread on it and still no pics. Also the announcer really didnt want to talk about it and it was like it wasnt suppose to be said. Whatever is going on its weird.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:37 PM

Didnt happen

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:38 PM

That's because they like to keep everything as secret as possible.

Originally Posted by WAWI
Didnt happen

Yes, yes it did.
Posted By: RedRanger

Will it be a 17# by the weekend?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
I don't mind the fact that it wasn't donated either , those really big ones just look like mutants. Cool to see them.

I can honestly say that I would take some photos , weight and measurements for myself and release as well.

I would imagine his sponsors would like some pix too. Hopefully they took a few. Definite fish of a lifetime. So far the old lake is showing up today as still one of the best for big fish out there.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:41 PM

I’m waiting patiently too.....FOR MORE THAN WORD OF MOUTH. LOL. I wanna see it.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:42 PM

Do you guys really think MLF/BPT are in any kind of hurry to post that photo (if one exists) on a fishing forum?
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:45 PM

Some of y’all have a lot of [censored] kissing to do. Y’all got real salty with the guy that first reported it here.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:45 PM

Do you guys really think MLF/BPT are in any kind of hurry to post that photo (if one exists) on a fishing forum?

I do. What would be more appropriate....Texas Fishing Forum (it WAS caught in Texas), or a NASCAR website? roflmao
Posted By: crowsie14

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:46 PM

I think this is the third thread on a 16lb bass in two days....someones gotta have a picture

[quote=SteezMacQueen I do. What would be more appropriate....Texas Fishing Forum (it WAS caught in Texas), or a NASCAR website? roflmao[/quote]

MLF's own website? For advertising purposes, perhaps?

They would be stupid to not post it on some sort of social media when they are in some giant war with bass on whos the best and they earned a nick name of More Little Fish. If I owned MLF it would be posted ALL OVER What is the point of hiding it other then the fact its just a rumor?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:48 PM

[quote=SteezMacQueen I do. What would be more appropriate....Texas Fishing Forum (it WAS caught in Texas), or a NASCAR website? roflmao

MLF's own website? For advertising purposes, perhaps?[/quote]

MLF clickbait, maybe? They need it.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:49 PM

Hey maybe they are geniuses. Its the third thread about it and has stayed at a top of very popular forum for the last 3 days roflmao

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:49 PM

A site full of rabid fishing fans that live in the same state the lake they are fishing is in why wouldn't they? Seems logical its a chance to really get some interest going to get even more people to tune in the rest of the week. Surely they have not grown to the point they no longer want to build fan excitement. That is not meant as a slight either. I am genuinely curious as to why they would not want to generate that type of buzz early on in the event. I think the fish is legit I am just shocked no pix of it have surfaced yet.

Post the pix on their own website, post the picture link here and you just generated a ton of hits on their own site for absolutely no cost to them. I guess I do not see the thinking there but again I don't have to.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I am genuinely curious as to why they would not want to generate that type of buzz early on in the event.

Increased boat traffic?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:53 PM

I am genuinely curious as to why they would not want to generate that type of buzz early on in the event.

Increased boat traffic?

Its spring on Fork. More specifically spring break. Due to corona fears many are doing staycations and are already there. I stayed there all week and it was about the busiest spring break I have seen in years. The RV parks are full and people are there. I figure just mentioning it on their live broadcast is gonna do that.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:56 PM

Who knows, Mark.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 05:58 PM

Until a photo is posted or someone says they saw the photo... its just sounds like a fish story. I actually hope its true.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:00 PM

Who knows, Mark.

I'm just glad they are showing how special that lake is. Despite the rumors its still a place to go to catch some big ones.cheers

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:09 PM

I wonder if it died and they are trying to avoid the bad press?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:10 PM

Didnt happen

Yes, yes it did.

Dont think so

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:11 PM

Meanwhile, I’m still waiting...

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:13 PM

Meanwhile, I’m still waiting...

Yeah so are the thousands of folks that have clicked on these threads. Just show the dam picture.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:16 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rog

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:32 PM

I would imagine his sponsors would like some pix too. Hopefully they took a few. Definite fish of a lifetime. So far the old lake is showing up today as still one of the best for big fish out there.

Mark she is and I eat crow like I said in other post. But man the lake sure does fish tough for me now in the late fall and winter. Guess I have to wipe my memory and restart......glad to see my favorite lake still healthy even without grass. smile As far as the 16 lber if the angler wanted it not posted then it never should have been and this post should be pulled down. The secrecy is strange......although do the rules state the anglers are not supposed to share any info on their catches? If so that could be in play and if so why don’t they just say that?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rog

Mark she is and I eat crow like I said in other post. But man the lake sure does fish tough for me now in the late fall and winter. Guess I have to wipe my memory and restart......glad to see my favorite lake still healthy even without grass. smile As far as the 16 lber the whole post then pull down and secrecy is strange......although do the rules state the anglers are not supposed to share any info on their catches? If so that could be in play and if so why don’t they just say that?

I struggled out there a bit this wwek myself
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
Until a photo is posted or someone says they saw the photo... its just sounds like a fish story. I actually hope its true.

I can’t imagine they would lie on a live broadcast about something like this. The damage control would need to be otherworldly. I think the fish was caught, and there are pictures, and they are waiting until after the weekend to show pictures so the lake doesn’t become more crowded, whether that’s smart or not.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:41 PM

So why announce it on live broadcast lol. Makes zero sense and I don’t think fork in the spring can get more crowded like what mark said.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

I can’t imagine they would lie on a live broadcast about something like this. The damage control would need to be otherworldly. I think the fish was caught, and there are pictures, and they are waiting until after the weekend to show pictures so the lake doesn’t become more crowded, whether that’s smart or not.

I'm with Barrett, until I see a picture that looks like a 16 lbr I'm calling bs.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:46 PM

I'm with Barrett, until I see a picture that looks like a 16 lbr I'm calling bs.

Lol, of course you are. I bet you are a blast at parties. cheers

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:47 PM

Im the life of the party buddy

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:51 PM

So why announce it on live broadcast lol. Makes zero sense and I don’t think fork in the spring can get more crowded like what mark said.

I didn’t hear it, but someone else said they almost sounded like he didn’t want to mention it. Who knows. I’m assuming they wouldn’t lying about this, because it was take a long time to recover from that and the damage would be immense when the last thing need is that kind of controversy right now.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:51 PM

cheers

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:53 PM

Can confirm.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:53 PM

I bet some of you guys complaining about not seeing a picture yet are the same guys that complain the impatience of Millennials.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 06:55 PM

Can confirm.

roflmao I almost went to the emergency room the next day lol
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 07:00 PM

I totally believe this ^^^^^

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 07:00 PM

I didn’t hear it, but someone else said they almost sounded like he didn’t want to mention it. Who knows. I’m assuming they wouldn’t lying about this, because it was take a long time to recover from that and the damage would be immense when the last thing need is that kind of controversy right now.

I think this is really the point and one I’d like to make. Some individuals on here when they’re told something their reaction to everything related to MLF is that it’s a lie or conspiracy and that’s so utterly ridiculous it’s amazing. No ones’s here to mislead you. Realize that in a lot of instances you don’t have the full story and context and you’re not getting it. It doesn’t mean someone’s trying to pull one over on you. It simply means you don’t have the full story.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 07:19 PM

I hope it’s true, Roy was in the back of a cove on Palestine with me and my boys Sunday...good for him

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 07:25 PM

Can confirm.

Lol, cheers
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 07:25 PM

I’m confused as to why an apology would be warranted to Mr. Jones myself. He started a thread and then the thread was gone. I asked where the thread went and he never would deny or confirm the fish was caught. Now all of a sudden, we are supposed to apologize for WHAT?
Posted By: FSWITX

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 07:40 PM

Interesting!!! popcorn

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 07:42 PM

It just seems like a click bait post that’s working with Zero substance imho and mark do you work for mlf or a business associated with the organization?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 08:34 PM

Can confirm.

I wish I had.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 08:49 PM

Can confirm.

I wish I had.

Wussies
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 08:54 PM

I think this is really the point and one I’d like to make. Some individuals on here when they’re told something their reaction to everything related to MLF is that it’s a lie or conspiracy and that’s so utterly ridiculous it’s amazing. No ones’s here to mislead you. Realize that in a lot of instances you don’t have the full story and context and you’re not getting it. It doesn’t mean someone’s trying to pull one over on you. It simply means you don’t have the full story.

the fact that they think they have the RIGHT to know is what kills me
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I’m confused as to why an apology would be warranted to Mr. Jones myself. He started a thread and then the thread was gone. I asked where the thread went and he never would deny or confirm the fish was caught. Now all of a sudden, we are supposed to apologize for WHAT?

You’re confused why the guy stating that he’ll keep making these judgements of poor character (implying Mark was lying) might want to apologize? noidea

Let’s let the MLF event finish up and see the fish and then we will see if the messenger needs a thrashing or not. wink

JB

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean
[quote=grout-scout]I’m confused as to why an apology would be warranted to Mr. Jones myself. He started a thread and then the thread was gone. I asked where the thread went and he never would deny or confirm the fish was caught. Now all of a sudden, we are supposed to apologize for WHAT?

You’re confused why the guy stating that he’ll keep making these judgements of poor character (implying Mark was lying) might want to apologize? noidea

Let’s let the MLF event finish up and see the fish and then we will see if the messenger needs a thrashing or not. wink

I hope Doc gets a few of you down on the funny gas and gives you a good throat punch for all this bitching...LOL
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 10:20 PM

They sure did post pictures of Jason’s 10 quick....
Posted By: BThomas

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 10:22 PM

Increased boat traffic?

Its spring on Fork. More specifically spring break. Due to corona fears many are doing staycations and are already there. I stayed there all week and it was about the busiest spring break I have seen in years. The RV parks are full and people are there. I figure just mentioning it on their live broadcast is gonna do that.

Do you not think it's busier than normal with MLF fishing this week during spring break ?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 10:23 PM

It just seems like a click bait post that’s working with Zero substance imho and mark do you work for mlf or a business associated with the organization?

Barrett, we consult for MLF on digital marketing and data work along with other fishing brands. Again, I have zero reason to make a post for click bait. I'm a member of this board and when I post here it's because I want to share something and for this it was about a really big fish not to promote MLF. I know how to do that without the need for forum posts.

I should have waited the other day on posting about Roy's fish so that's why I apologized and asked for the thread to be removed. I personally don't care if you or anyone else believes that he caught it. There's clearly more details behind it and you and others can feel free to speculate about it. If it gets shared great, if not then it is what it is.

thumb

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 10:25 PM

Mud,

I can do way better than a throat punch! Have you seen Marathon Man? roflmao I’d post the clip if I were more tech savvy.

J/K.... All in good fun! cheers

JB
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 10:26 PM

Don't hold your breath

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

If you're messing with Big O, you're messing with me and you don't want that kind of pain. coolio

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 10:32 PM

Bennie,

I have no clue if ncreased people out there this year is more staycation related or BPT related. I see way more people tgan I have ever seen in our RV park. Mostly families. Lots of bank fishing. We have never had a pro event this early in year there to use as a baseline.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
I wonder if it died and they are trying to avoid the bad press?

TPWD has their best man on the case...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BThomas

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 11:15 PM

Bennie,

I have no clue if ncreased people out there this year is more staycation related or BPT related. I see way more people tgan I have ever seen in our RV park. Mostly families. Lots of bank fishing. We have never had a pro event this early in year there to use as a baseline.

just wondering. There is a lot of factors in play lately.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 11:35 PM

I don't think we are being unfair, If anyone came on here claiming they caught a 16 and while waiting for sal released but didnt get a pic they would be shamed. If there is a pic post it. If not well.......
Posted By: CCTX

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/13/20 11:55 PM

I believe a 15lber was caught; but, the way this story is being told smells of cheap marketing tactics.
Let me guess, BigO took the only photo and is refusing to publish it.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 12:28 AM

If there is no picture something is a little bit shady ..

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean

Mud,

I can do way better than a throat punch! Have you seen Marathon Man? roflmao I’d post the clip if I were more tech savvy.

J/K.... All in good fun! cheers

JB

LOL, you can show me when I come to the office
I chipped one and I look like Zona when he filmed with Todd as “The Zavalla Kid”

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 01:21 AM

Bring the pic of the 16 you told me about when you come.

roflmao

bolt
Posted By: fishinfoo2

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 01:41 AM

Pics or it didnt happen

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat

Can confirm.

I wish I had.

Wussies

You only left about five hours before we did. It’s ok.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 01:53 AM

Whether it is true or not I have no idea. But who would catch a bass that size and not even get a picture of it? Just saying.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Whether it is true or not I have no idea. But who would catch a bass that size and not even get a picture of it? Just saying.

Guys who wear make up.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 02:25 AM

The pic will surface when tournament is over
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 03:17 AM

Maybe there will be a video shown after event that may just include the boat flip!
Posted By: TSU-Ben

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 03:17 AM

Need pictures and GPS coordinates or it didn't happen.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 04:10 AM

Will this be the last click bait thread deleted about the same fish. Only time will tell. The person that started this works in marketing for MLF. Let that sink in.... big o makes posts about BASS and Mark Jones makes posts about MLF. It’s not that hard to figure out. I hope the fish is true. It’s time fork produced a true Texas giant. Time will tell. I see no reason whatsoever it would make business sense for them not to post a picture. Hopefully this thread is not deleted by morning too.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin

A professional fisherman. Whose first day of competition is tomorrow.

BPT guys can't even talk fishing among themselves. Sit back, relax and watch the show. ALL of us who call Fork our home lake are being humbled right now. These guys are really good.

Barrett and WAWI, are you guys originally from Missouri? It happened. Promise.

Ya think MLF just might want to do a feature story? Look at all the interest already generated. Then release it and break the wwwbass web roflmao

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 04:59 AM

The only “interest” I’ve seen generated is from 3 posts on the tff which 2 have been deleted. I want it to be true! Just from a business point after all the bad press on MLF about them being about little fish I cant think of one reason why they would would want to hide it. They would be increasing viewership etc.
Posted By: 361V

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 11:22 AM

OK, OK, OK. Everyone chill! Here ya go: [Linked Image]

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 11:38 AM

Is Robbie Rose fishing MLF?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 01:44 PM

So did Roy get disqualified for telling someone he caught the 16 pounder? No info rules are strict.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Clark3
Who cares, I just Caught the texas state record, 18.9 lbs. no pictures, no scale, just take my word on it, it happened. Put my name in the record books.

See how stupid that sounds? It’s almost as stupid as mark jones defending it. No one is giving you an apology for click baiting for an organization YOU work for. Now every single post you make regarding the MLF is null and void, you work for them. No one cares what you think. No one is apologizing to you because that’s exactly what you did, then had the post deleted like a little B. They just showed 12-13 angles practice, shots of the lake, where they were, but can’t produce a single pic of Roy hawk with any form of fish? Get out of here.

Lol, I don't expect apologies nor do I need them, just having a little fun with the naysayers. I can handle myself on here but thanks for your advice. thumb
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 01:53 PM

Who cares, I just Caught the texas state record, 18.9 lbs. no pictures, no scale, just take my word on it, it happened. Put my name in the record books.

See how stupid that sounds? It’s almost as stupid as mark jones defending it. No one is giving you an apology for click baiting for an organization YOU work for. Now every single post you make regarding the MLF is null and void, you work for them. No one cares what you think. No one is apologizing to you because that’s exactly what you did, then had the post deleted like a little B. They just showed 12-13 angles practice, shots of the lake, where they were, but can’t produce a single pic of Roy hawk with any form of fish? Get out of here.

LOL, might need to get out more!
Posted By: Clark3

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 02:10 PM

Lol, I don't expect apologies nor do I need them, just having a little fun with the naysayers. I can handle myself on here but thanks for your advice. thumb

Sorry for the rant I just have a strong opinion towards click bait. You’re a good dude but makes a lot of sense why you run to MLF rescue so much. Wish you just would’ve put that in the open so we all knew

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 02:37 PM

Sorry for the rant I just have a strong opinion towards click bait. You’re a good dude but makes a lot of sense why you run to MLF rescue so much. Wish you just would’ve put that in the open so we all knew

I’ve posted that to countless threads for a year and people ask me questions directly at times about things because they know we consult for MLF. Again, to be clear, I’m not here on this board to attempt to get people to change opinions. I already mentioned here that I should have waited to post once the data surfaced. I do have the info and the fish was caught. How big it actually was and if photos are shared isn’t something I control and I said in my OP that it was rumor. That’s why I asked for it to be removed originally. It doesn’t matter to me whether you or anyone else believes Roy caught a big fish.

cheers
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by River Man

That's for sure! I don't know Mark Jones well but I have sat across the table from him at dinner. I don't think he is the type to post click-bait just for the sake of getting other guys riled up. Take a pill dude. None of us are curing cancer on TFF. It's a fishing site.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Originally Posted by River Man

That's for sure! I don't know Mark Jones well but I have sat across the table from him at dinner. I don't think he is the type to post click-bait just for the sake of getting other guys riled up. Take a pill dude. None of us are curing cancer on TFF. It's a fishing site.

cheers
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 05:36 PM

I don't follow MLF or BASS except for seeing posts on here. I did watch a little MLF when it was on a couple of years ago. I thought the big thing for MLF was that they did not know where they were fishing therefore there was no practice and they just showed up and fished the lake. Has that all changed now?
Posted By: GHSTgoesBOO

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 05:40 PM

Maybe he Mike Long'd it confused
Posted By: Chet

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 06:20 PM

OK here's why I'm slow to get on board. This fish would have been the biggest fish Hawk had ever caught, and probably the biggest he'd ever seen. I guess the story goes he released it cause it wasn't doing well, not that he wanted to come back and catch it or there were a bunch of competitors around and he wanted to hide the fish. I was in the boat when a ShareLunker was caught and I can tell you there were lots of pics taken(13.02 not 15-16). So it just makes you have to strain a little to believe that no pics are available and no real explanation why. Don't care who you are that would be a fish of a lifetime,
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 06:22 PM

Hope your week gets better cheers
Posted By: SAKS

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chet
OK here's why I'm slow to get on board. This fish would have been the biggest fish Hawk had ever caught, and probably the biggest he'd ever seen. I guess the story goes he released it cause it wasn't doing well, not that he wanted to come back and catch it or there were a bunch of competitors around and he wanted to hide the fish. I was in the boat when a ShareLunker was caught and I can tell you there were lots of pics taken(13.02 not 15-16). So it just makes you have to strain a little to believe that no pics are available and no real explanation why. Don't care who you are that would be a fish of a lifetime,

I have not read anywhere that no pics are available, just have not been posted. Unless I missed something. Hope they show them soon though.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 07:49 PM

this thread did what it was supposed to do it got you for 8 pages

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ssmith
this thread did what it was supposed to do it got you for 8 pages

And 3 separate threads to add to that
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 08:54 PM

Only a moron (lots posting in here) would share info about what they catch in practice for a tourney. Duh.
Posted By: mudd

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 11:03 PM

Holding onto the picture sure helped his pattern
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/14/20 11:04 PM

Ya it did him a lot of good today, whacked em.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 02:11 AM

Ok I talked to 2 MLF officials today and they told me Roy caught a 16lb 3oz Bass in practice by himself he took pics of the fish but they are not very good pics as he had to either hold a selfie stick or stretch his arm with phone in hand while holding onto a 16lber with the othe so you can imagine it's probably not a very good pic he released her because she didn't look good after he caught her and instead of turning her over to SAL program he released her. So maybe he will release pics, time will tell!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 02:13 AM

Phones have a timer, pretty easy to set up and take fish from livewell for pics but who knows. Maybe he literally tried the ol half a 2lber Facebook pic that's common these days

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 02:30 AM

If it doesnt make sense it didnt happen...... judge Judy
Posted By: Rog

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 03:33 AM

If it doesnt make sense it didnt happen...... judge Judy

After the dude in CA fooled all of us for years not buying it either.......sorry its too easy to get weight and good pics these days. Also too much to be gained for a competitor in a pro tournament to not bring a 16+ lb bass in. Not saying it didn’t happen but if the angler never wanted it known then it should have never been brought up and all the threads should go away. Congrats if he did catch it. I still want to hear story and see pics at this point........

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 10:27 AM

Yep. Here say. All it was
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Ok I talked to 2 MLF officials today and they told me Roy caught a 16lb 3oz Bass in practice by himself he took pics of the fish but they are not very good pics as he had to either hold a selfie stick or stretch his arm with phone in hand while holding onto a 16lber with the othe so you can imagine it's probably not a very good pic he released her because she didn't look good after he caught her and instead of turning her over to SAL program he released her. So maybe he will release pics, time will tell!

Dangit…..the fish pic is over on another thread!

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 12:52 PM

As a person who fishes mostly alone, I can completely believe this. Not sure why Mark Jones couldn’t have just said this, guess it’s not drama free enough for him.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

As a person who fishes mostly alone, I can completely believe this. Not sure why Mark Jones couldn’t have just said this, guess it’s not drama free enough for him.

I said in previous post that was deleted that he caught the fish and I’m sure there’s a story and we will hear it if someone decides to share it. Simple as that, not about drama. thumb
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 01:44 PM

Maybe it was a 16 pound catfish? I wouldn't take a picture of that. Otherwise he is just holding the pics or it never happened. How did he know it was 16? Who did he tell? So someone was on his boat or nearby that didn't have a device with a camera? Just doesn't add up. Maybe it is in yhe sharelunker program but they haven't anmounced it? I mean he gets a replica right? See, the more questions I ask, the more questions I have. Usually means something fishy is going on
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 02:53 PM

I give the man's explanation of the events the benefit of doubt. Has he given anyone a reason to believe he is a dishonest man? What would he gain by making up such a story? This thread reads like a group of Middle School girls talking about each other.
Posted By: Jeremyworm

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by ReelSlow

I give the man's explanation of the events the benefit of doubt. Has he given anyone a reason to believe he is a dishonest man? What would he gain by making up such a story? This thread reads like a group of Middle School girls talking about each other.

And the truth finally comes out....lol

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 03:18 PM

totally believable story since there was no one on the lake that day to look at it or take a pic of it in the words of Rambo let it go.
Posted By: B.K.S.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 04:38 PM

I treat this the way I would if anyone else I didn't know who claimed to have knowledge of a big fish.Pictures or it's just a rumor.Mark Jones or not.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 05:16 PM

Good decision ! cheers

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 09:37 PM

Yeh. I’d show y’all what I caught today, but my selfie stick broke. Lol.
Posted By: S Fatherree

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/15/20 10:13 PM

That's funny Mark, thank you for sharing the news of that catch. You'll probably have to standby on any real names/apologies as you already know, haha. So many using online forums are extremely brave behind their computer screens. Those same people wouldn't dare share some of the same opinions with others face to face unfortunately. 16+ lbs is an absolute freak of a largemouth bass, this is such great news for Lake Fork! Landing a fish of that size is extremely difficult on the size of rods, line, and hooks that most bass anglers are using. Also when we take into account that Fork is full of flooded timber that makes the odds of landing those fish much smaller. I imagine for every 13+lb fish landed on Fork there are another 5 if not more that break anglers line, rip hooks out of their mouth, or simply straighten out the hooks. Congrats to Hawk, that's a catch of a lifetime!
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 12:39 AM

blablabla blablabla blablabla pollo blablabla blablabla blablabla

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by GHSTgoesBOO
Maybe he Mike Long'd it confused

You mean like sprague did today? Lol
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 12:56 AM

So. Did he catch a 16 in practice or not? I still have yet to see a pic of the fish and was at Fork all weekend. Never heard a word about it.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 12:59 AM

I watched some of it live today and they mentioned Roy Hawk catching a 16 in practice. Sure would love to see a pic of it. That is a True Freak of nature.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
So. Did he catch a 16 in practice or not? I still have yet to see a pic of the fish and was at Fork all weekend. Never heard a word about it.

No he didn’t. It was a lie
Posted By: JackMason

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 01:30 AM

How do you know that he didn't?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 01:41 AM

I would think if you catch a top 50 fish in the state of Texas you would hear about it. The angler would be going nuts about it. And it would be great press for MLF. Plus you’d hear about it around the lake.
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
I watched some of it live today and they mentioned Roy Hawk catching a 16 in practice. Sure would love to see a pic of it. That is a True Freak of nature.

I saw that as well.
MLF on Fork was a ton of fun to watch. Those guys are seriously gritty-they don’t waste a second. They are true pros.
However, I would like to see a pic of a13 plus-not to mention a 16. A 16 is SERIOUSLY RARE-check the records.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 01:48 AM

7300 views plus you add the two other threads that were deleted that prob had an easy 5K a piece. Looks like it worked like a charm!

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by JackMason

How do you know he did? Me saying it was a lie holds equal weight of anyone saying he did
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 11:08 AM

Let me finish this thread

BULLSH**
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 01:09 PM

Story does smell a little fishy argue

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 01:23 PM

How do you know he did? Me saying it was a lie holds equal weight of anyone saying he did

True story. wopics

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/16/20 02:40 PM

April Fools came a bit early this year...…......….

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/17/20 01:22 AM

Sooooooo. No pic? Mark what’s up man? Explain this to us please
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/17/20 01:26 AM

Sooooooo. No pic? Mark what’s up man? Explain this to us please

Dadgummit…...I posted the pic on another thread. Look for it.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/17/20 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
April Fools came a bit early this year...…......….

just a bit lol

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/17/20 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
Story does smell a little fishy argue

I agree. If I caught a 16 that fish is getting photographed with my face in the pic. MULTIPLE pics too. Even if I have to find someone to take pic. It’s headed to Minnow Bucket or LFM for pics. No way there’s no pic taken. Just not possible. Something Is off here. Either it’s a hoax or it died. But something seems wrong here.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 01:41 PM

Josh Bertrand mentions someone catching a 16# fish at Fork, but doesn't go into any details. Says there isn't any pics, the guy didn't want the publicity.

If you listen to Josh's Podcast, Anglers Happy Hour, its about 45 minutes in on the latest episode
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 03:31 PM

Right.
Posted By: buggsboy

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 07:44 PM

I would like to see Roy Hawk agree to an interview with Marty Stone (or one of their other talking heads) to discuss this subject. They could air the interview on the MLF web site. Am I naive enough to think this is gonna happen, hell no. I think it would be the right thing to do. OK there, I said it. Let me put on my flame suit, and you guys carry on.🙂
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 08:21 PM

If he caught a huge bass and doesn't want the publicity, I can respect that. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation or story, totally his choice. Next bit of drama......
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 09:14 PM

I've seen them lose thier breath wrestlng a 6 lber. Find it hard to believe he
he doesnt wanna show anyone a 16. In the end it's his choice. cheers

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 09:14 PM

Ya’ll STILL talking about this? Let it go

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 09:17 PM

catching a 16 lb bass in this day an time of look at me now an nobody seeing it or taking a picture is as believable as everybody that bass fishes will get a new ranger through the stimulus program.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 09:29 PM

It's the biggest joke I've ever heard. These guys' entire livelihood revolves around GETTING PUBLICITY. They are professional bass fishermen whose job it is to catch bass and get the word out for their sponsors. If you think one of them is going to catch one of the TOP 25 biggest ever caught in the state of Texas and not promote it, you are off your rocker.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 09:35 PM

Aw heck, I only watched a little bit of the live action and ole MIke had on at least a couple that size. roflmao

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 09:42 PM

He should have said it weighed 19# with the same result!
Posted By: S Fatherree

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 09:44 PM

I have seen no photos but spoke with more than one person who was working with MLF and who also confirmed that a 16+ lb bass was caught in practice, making it the largest bass caught in the state of Texas in 21 years. I have no reason to doubt their claims of this catch. Lake Fork is on FIRE!!!

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 09:47 PM

No proof, no witness... BS until then.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/24/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by shotgunwilly
It's the biggest joke I've ever heard. These guys' entire livelihood revolves around GETTING PUBLICITY. They are professional bass fishermen whose job it is to catch bass and get the word out for their sponsors. If you think one of them is going to catch one of the TOP 25 biggest ever caught in the state of Texas and not promote it, you are off your rocker.

Yep
Posted By: Gangster

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/25/20 12:04 AM

I thought the whole precept of this tournament was no one knew where they were fishing until the day of. How did they get to practice? Did I miss something in the rules?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/25/20 12:28 AM

It didnt happen

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/25/20 02:14 AM

So, here’s what we have “heard” in this thread:

he has pictures, but they aren’t good...

he doesn’t have pictures...biggest fish in 25 years...

mlf guys did see it and confirmed it...

nobody except for Hawk saw it...

Clear as mud, seems obvious to me. If he did indeed catch a 16 lber, then it died. Which happens, so just say so. Better question is, what did he do with the dead fish? Wanton waste a 16lb game fish?

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/25/20 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Gangster
I thought the whole precept of this tournament was no one knew where they were fishing until the day of. How did they get to practice? Did I miss something in the rules?

That was the old MLF style before forming the Bass Pro Tour and going in a different direction. cheers
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/25/20 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gangster

That was the old MLF style before forming the Bass Pro Tour and going in a different direction. cheers

That was the draw of MLF to me when I did watch it. I wanted to see how the pros attacked a lake that they had no knowledge or preparation of ahead of time. I actually enjoyed seeing them try to figure it out. Now it is just another same old fishing show.

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/25/20 03:39 AM

16lbs 3oz to be exact!

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/25/20 03:53 AM

16lbs 3oz to be exact!

Never happened... Go to bed!!!

Re: 16 pounder on Fork, MLF practice - 03/25/20 04:13 AM