Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork last 2 days

Posted By: poker1980

Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 02:08 AM

Lake Fork last 2 days, I only caught 1 fish tuff bite !! What everyone else done
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 02:30 AM

Outside of small feeding periods it’s been though for me as well but you can tell it’s about to explode any day now.
Posted By: Rog

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 02:37 AM

Fished Wednesday through Friday last week. 10 on Wednesday in 3 hrs after rains, 5 on Thursday, and 16 on Friday. Biggest close to 7. All fish but one or two came from two creeks in small specific areas. Lake was fishing small last week. We fished from Birched to Running. Water temps were 53-68. Water was clear to dirty north ends the most stained. Numbers on Friday came on CR flukes in funnel/staging area in 9-10 fow. I think Mr Perry was correct and I will eat some crow. I bet the pros whack Em this week. smile
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 02:40 AM

80’s for then next 2 days. Game over. It’s on.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 02:47 AM

Fished about 3hrs this evening. Had 5 bites....nothing huge. All but one was an under. Two on a squarebill just cranking shallow points and three on docks pitching a Texas rig craw. All bites were in Little Mustang.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 03:28 AM

Got here yesterday afternoon. Nothing yesterday. Caught two today in Glade. One dink and one about 4.5# on senko. Talked to a lot of people that had about the same results. Water really warmed up this afternoon. Going to turn on in the next couple days.

SE Kansas grass grower (retired)
Posted By: Rog

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 04:02 AM

For those wanting giant crappie go to the backs of the pockets around the flooded willows. We watched a boat crush giant slabs on minnows in about 2-3fow about 1 ft below cork. We also caught three two pound crappie on a stick bait and fluke.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 04:21 AM

Saw some really nice sight fish caught on fork past couple days. Lots of bigs up already
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Saw some really nice sight fish caught on fork past couple days. Lots of bigs up already

Yep there’s some that have been doing the deed for about a week. The biological clock doesn’t wait for water temp.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 06:46 AM

We picked a few off beds Saturday that were really easy to catch. The water was only 58. Guess
they didnt read the same magazine I did on when to spawn.

Little dippers swimjigs and chatter baits also did well.
Posted By: FXfromTx

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 09:18 AM

Y'all missed it for this year. Check back next year! grin
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 09:31 AM

TTO and JCO guys wrecked em last weekend, been a long time since I’ve seen that many 10 lb bags of unders. Buddies that fished all reported solid numbers and had lots of pics of Slot fish. Sounds like ole Fork is about to bust loose!
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Weather be 'a changin' matey....looks like a very wet last half of the month.
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Weather be 'a changin' matey....looks like a very wet last half of the month.

the fish are already wet. they don't mind the warm rains. if you cant catch them today just go sell all your gear!
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 04:03 PM

Probably after today with the temps being what they are it is about to come alive........
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Lake Fork last 2 days - 03/11/20 04:49 PM

Lake Fork is on Fire! flame
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum