Texas Fishing Forum

Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable?

Posted By: Greenie

Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 03:06 AM

So today a guy who works for the Marina at Joe Pool Lake came up to me from the dock and told me I could not be back behind the boat slips and near the rocks fishing out of my boat. I said I did not know of a law or anything that says that I couldn’t be back there and asked him why. He said that’s a reason why there’s a cable up there to keep boats out. I thought the cable is to keep the boat slips tied down in place, but the guy seem kinda hot, and I really didn’t want to set there and argue with the dude so I simply said ok I will get out of there. After fishing I came back through that area and now they posted signs on the cable. I think it says private property. Not 100 percent sure because they are small signs. So my question. Is it legal to post signs up to keep boats out of areas on Joe pool lake or any other lakes? Now I did have to raise up the cable to go under it with my boat but there’s plenty of room to fish in my boat back there. Wouldn’t of thought I would be breaking any laws or even being that big of a deal. Your thoughts?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 03:15 AM

Is it navigable water? Are you damaging property to get there?
Marinas always try to pull this, but they have no standing. Tell him you are gonna file suite to make him raise all his bridges to allow boats to pass. By the letter of the law, he cannot block navigable waters
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 03:22 AM

I recently saw they put the cable up with a sign. It's obstructing access to public water. Contact the Game Warden to get clarification though
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 04:20 AM

Owners private spawning hole.
Lots of big girls moving in there.
You’re not allowed to fish from the bank either.

popcorn
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 04:38 AM

Haven't been there in 3 weeks, but there has been a cable so you can't get behind the jetty. Is that the one you are talking about, or did they add an additional cable. I think anyone can fish the docks. I've never seen anyone object. But that area behind the jetty has concrete slabs and [censored] and I wouldn't take my boat back there anyway.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 04:45 AM

lol call the game warden they are clearing blocking off public access to a public lake...
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 04:53 AM

or just keep going under the cable and fishing. seems like that would take a lot less effort
Posted By: dimitri

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 05:37 AM

[censored] has been going on the last few years

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11689938/legal-or-illegal#Post11689938
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 06:03 PM

If they put it up to restrict boaters, that is illegal
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 07:16 PM

I'd guess they have had water lines or electrical damaged in the past and are trying to stop it. As much as I like to fish on the backside of floating docks I can understand their concern.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Marina at Joe Pool not allowing boats to cross cable? - 03/09/20 07:51 PM

Being a COE lake they probably the needed permit to put the cable up. Game Warden's usually will defer to the COE ..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum