Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo lake 7 March

Posted By: bassmanrudy

Caddo lake 7 March - 03/08/20 04:47 AM

Fished from 0730-1700. Tried to stay out of the B.O.S.S. tourney guys way and prefish for our clubs tourney next week. Launched from drift inn, started at green break and lots of guys there so moved a bunch. Water temp was 58° and mostly heavy stained. Went to buzzard bay and temps varied from 56-59° and from light stain to muddy. Went into jeems and fished both sides and water was more clear on the LA side then the TX side. Water temps stayed 57-58°. Fished back towards drift inn and hit a few spots but water temp seemed to drop some(56 in spots) compared to the main lake. As to the fishing man I tried all sorts of lures and super shallow to whatever the deepest was in the area and had 4 bites on a chatterbait catching 3 of them- all slots... :-( might have missed one flipping but was just heaviness in a brush top with no head shake or movement. Saw turtles, nutria, eagles, etc so at least was a good day to be out and about! Was sunny up til noonish then got overcast and windier. Also the salvania wasn't bad in most areas but this one spot on the east side of big green break was like a dang grass field.

Attached some pics of the eagle taking off but regrettably the overcast background didn't help. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TritonRob

Re: Caddo lake 7 March - 03/08/20 12:19 PM

Any day you see an Eagle is a good day!
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Caddo lake 7 March - 03/08/20 04:25 PM

Great pictures! I just love that place....
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Caddo lake 7 March - 03/09/20 01:07 AM

Used to be an awesome lake but the salvania has kept me off of it. It is still the most beautiful lake I have eve been on.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Caddo lake 7 March - 03/09/20 03:01 AM

Solid post. Love the Eagle! Thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo lake 7 March - 03/09/20 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Used to be an awesome lake but the salvania has kept me off of it. It is still the most beautiful lake I have eve been on.

Ur just a party pooper if that keeps u away from Caddo
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum