Texas Fishing Forum

This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing

Posted By: machoblanco61

This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 12:34 PM

[Linked Image]
I came across this photo on FB. It says a lot. These kids are the future. Look at the Googan hat. If you don’t know Googan, then you’re out of touch. I don’t mean that to be an insult but the kids do and Googan and the other YouTubers are garnering the momentum in the bass industry today.
Now, the dad who took their picture still spends the dollars but if the son wants Googan or the latest that Scott Martin or Lake Fork Guy says, well dad’s money will follow.
Just Sayin’
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 12:56 PM

There is hope. If he really wants to teach them he will make them earn their way also (maybe he does). Valuable lessons in earning you own way, no entitlements, and saving to purchase your own equipment even as a youth.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 01:00 PM

As a parent, I’d want to raise my child with strong core values; including the principle of return on investment
The baits you mentioned are fine; but there are others that are better quality at lower prices

Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 01:04 PM

Meh.

I don't like or dislike those guys, but I think every one of us could go back and look at old pictures to see the brands we wore as kids. How many of those are still around? Not many.

I do like their turds with the rattle. I wish they'd float like Z-man's.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 01:45 PM

I wonder how many times they had to push a lawn mower to afford that gear?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 01:49 PM

noidea
Posted By: Danceswitholdsmobile

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 02:14 PM

I don't know them so I won't say if their entitled or not. Good to see kids getting into the sport and being passionate about something other than an Ipad and social media. I always tell my kids, 9 and 7, Nothing earned is nothing gained.

As for Googan, I have some, but I buy whats on sale...lol

FishOn

Posted By: Brutaldudeski

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 03:41 PM

As per usual, mention something in a positive light on the forum and get flooded with jaded, farty old man opinions looking to take a dump on anything new
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Brutaldudeski
As per usual, mention something in a positive light on the forum and get flooded with jaded, farty old man opinions looking to take a dump on anything new

roflmao clap
Posted By: Cameron

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 04:43 PM

Just because they didn't grow up on paper graphs and creme worms?....that doesn't make them any less of a fisherman.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 05:18 PM

Brutaldudeski is right from an old man that does fart a lot.
I have seen the new baits for sale but don't need any yet.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 06:41 PM

I had to Google Googan.
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 07:48 PM

Use whatever you have the most confidence in. Those "new" baits are all the kids have seen and that's what they've seen the youtubers using. Gives them confidence they have the right baits to catch fish. Nothing wrong with that.
Posted By: champion man

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 07:49 PM

I don't know about this being our future or not ,
, but i would rather see kids with tackle companies on their hats than weed ..

There are some you-tubers i just cannot stand , I don't have issues with the Googan Squad ,
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by champion man
I don't know about this being our future or not ,
, but i would rather see kids with tackle companies on their hats than weed ..

There are some you-tubers i just cannot stand , I don't have issues with the Googan Squad ,

Truth
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 10:18 PM

Well stated. Its a shame that Boomers cant accept change instead of being proud that these kids are into fishing even if its not their style.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/07/20 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
I wonder how many times they had to push a lawn mower to afford that gear?

I got all kinds of ball caps that don't reflect what I own.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/08/20 04:57 AM

I love when y'all talk [censored] about the Googan guys, but then also talk [censored] about kids these days not fishing.... Like the OP stated, those guys are getting these kids into fishing. Dad's money or not, who cares? Dad wants them to have nice gear and pursue a love for fishing, and I see nothing wrong with that.

If y'all rather them be spending many on stupid [censored] then you are part of the problem.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/08/20 11:47 AM

Just because they like something doesn't mean they are learning good behaviors or anything for that matter.
Posted By: metalruch1

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/08/20 03:28 PM

Just an FYI...Billy is not a fan of Googan and what they represent...as far as I can tell. And I am not, either...but, it's a different time now and kids, just like my 11 yr old, are highly influenced by YouTube...but, weren't we highly influenced by what we watched on TV as well?

I wore my OU hat every time I was on the water as an ode to Bill Dance's TN hat...or, bought terminator spinner baits because of Hank Parker and Jimmy Houston...

My point being, we're all influenced by what is relevant to us...I turned out fine. I'm sure these kids today will to.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/08/20 03:48 PM

Elite angler hoodies are not as expensive as HUK. I may order some for my kids who dont care about fishing. What do my kids care a out? Followers, subscribers, likes, and views. Television is on its last leg and it doesn't matter what us older folk do or say, we will not change it. Does this mean my kids are gonna grow up wrong or bad? No, it mean their generation will have different struggles than ours.Googan worms catch fish, but are toomsoft for my liking. The limbs come off in my brush piles, and a dink rips the things to shreds. I may start sporting Googan clothing at the lake for no other reason than to annoy the old farts, and I ain't no spring chicken myself.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/08/20 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by metalruch1
Just an FYI...Billy is not a fan of Googan and what they represent...as far as I can tell. And I am not, either...but, it's a different time now and kids, just like my 11 yr old, are highly influenced by YouTube...but, weren't we highly influenced by what we watched on TV as well?

I wore my OU hat every time I was on the water as an ode to Bill Dance's TN hat...or, bought terminator spinner baits because of Hank Parker and Jimmy Houston...

My point being, we're all influenced by what is relevant to us...I turned out fine. I'm sure these kids today will to.

Yup.. The boomers know damn well they were influenced by TV.. YouTube is the new TV. These kids are watching fishing videos... And they want to be fisherman now, which I think is awesome. I dont watch the Googan guys, but the people on here talking chit about them are apart of the problem.

When they have millions and millions of fans and are selling their own rods and lures just from making fishing videos then they can talk.. Until then, they can keep bitching about the new fishing world and the fact that they couldn't get a single view from anyone or make a penny for fishing with a camera. These guys are in their 20's and have made more off fishing on YouTube than most of yall have made in your lifetime.

The good thing is, kids are fishing. I'd much rather see that than them not
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/08/20 04:26 PM

Bottom line is they are interested in fishing no matter how or who pays for it. That is so much more beneficial than other pursuits a teenage boy could be into.
Posted By: C130

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/08/20 04:30 PM

Jealousy, plain and simple. Some people can’t stand for others to have anything. Whether or not they paid for anything is no one else’s business.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/08/20 10:55 PM

Googan is smart marketing. They can sell soft plastics in clam shell packing for a pretty serious price per bait. They are making a killing.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/08/20 11:18 PM

Googan Love thumb
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/09/20 12:55 AM

I guess I'm dumb.
I see two kids sitting in a resteraunt eeting clothes with fishing logos. I'm going to assume they fish.
I'm not going to assume any more than that. If you do, you should be reading books - not looking at covers.

As far as the Googan guys.... videos suck (imo) but they have figured out a fantastic angle to make money. Good on them.
You see, they are just like the two kids in the picture - not affecting my life in any shape,form or fashion. Haters just gotta hate and some of you guys are master's at that.
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/09/20 02:05 PM

Say what you want to about the Googans but them boys are laughing all the way to the bank. By the way, I think the sport should be shrunk not grown. I miss the days of going fishing without 2 or 3 500 plus boat tournaments on the lake every weekend. Fishing lakes now a days is like driving through Dallas around 3:00 pm. I could live without them.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/09/20 02:16 PM

Stopped by the dry cleaners the other day to pick up some clothes and the kid behind the counter had on a Googan shirt. We talked a little about fishing and it turned out he really didn't fish much, but he was a huge Googan fan. I think he was impressed that someone as old as me even knew who they were.
Posted By: BeltonBasser

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/09/20 05:19 PM

[quote=Txduckhunter]I
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/09/20 05:24 PM

Awesome post! thumb
Posted By: Razorback

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/09/20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by TxRanger1
By the way, I think the sport should be shrunk not grown. I miss the days of going fishing without 2 or 3 500 plus boat tournaments on the lake every weekend. Fishing lakes now a days is like driving through Dallas around 3:00 pm. I could live without them.

An honest man
Posted By: RZ520

Re: This is the Future - Of Bass Fishing - 03/15/20 07:13 PM

Might be the future, but not a good one. We had to work for years just to afford some fishing gear and small boats. Now they have all they want at no effort at all. Mostly dad buys them every new gadget available plus a new fiberglass fancy Boat with all the electronics possilble. Ya'll might think this is sour grapes, but how can getting everything handed to you so easy make them great future adults. Cocky kids and promoting the "Entitlement Society" is not what America was built on.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum