Texas Fishing Forum

Running Richland Chambers

Posted By: i-Fish

Running Richland Chambers - 03/03/20 01:29 PM

Any lanes available? Is the lake largely safe to run at full pool? TIA.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/03/20 01:55 PM

287 Bridge to the dam is pretty well safe to run at full pool. Anywhere else you need to know what you are doing. Between 287 bridge and 2859 bridge up the Chambers arm stay on the east side. I wouldn't run north of 2859 with no knowledge of the area. Richland arm is a mine field of stumps. Most are 1ft or so below the water right now. I wouldn't run it without following someone who knows the area. There are no map chips available to my knowledge.
Posted By: rickys

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/03/20 01:59 PM

No. It's a very dangerous lake. Be careful and take your time. There are a few guys on here who know the lake well and will get you some tips. I'd hate to give any real advice on it other than be careful. I fish it a good bit and I still don't get in a hurry to get anywhere there.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/03/20 02:10 PM

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...richland-chambers-1st-timer#Post12928684
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/03/20 02:27 PM

So many stumps
Posted By: Tucker50

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/03/20 04:44 PM

Agree with Tx Tree Grower! leaving Oak Cove, it's best to follow 287 down. There are a couple of trees going towards the dam in main lake. if you don't know the lake, do not run into coves. Long Arm has a widow maker going into it, that's taken a lot of lower units.
Posted By: Tucker50

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/03/20 04:47 PM

Sorry, follow 287 down when going N towards 2859 bridge and stay way of the Island

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/03/20 04:59 PM

Running Richland Chambers
Posted By: BorNella

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/04/20 02:57 AM

Fishing any good on the lake right now? Big ones should be moving up big time.
Posted By: structure man(Guide on RC)

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/04/20 04:09 PM

The lake is full and the gates are open, with all the fresh rain today it will be even more muddy than before. Be careful anywhere you go on this lake especially now, could be some floaters out there and if there is any wind you won't see them. Fishing will probably be slow after this front for a few days then it should pick up. Water temps have been in the 50's with it being very off colored except on the South East near the dam.
If I were coming here I would wait a few days and let it settle down some then try the usual pre spawn areas looking for fish. Be careful out there and if you need or want a guide trip call me at 972-345-9370. I only fish for black bass or crappie.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/04/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by structure man(Guide on RC)
The lake is full and the gates are open, with all the fresh rain today it will be even more muddy than before. Be careful anywhere you go on this lake especially now, could be some floaters out there and if there is any wind you won't see them. Fishing will probably be slow after this front for a few days then it should pick up. Water temps have been in the 50's with it being very off colored except on the South East near the dam.
If I were coming here I would wait a few days and let it settle down some then try the usual pre spawn areas looking for fish. Be careful out there and if you need or want a guide trip call me at 972-345-9370. I only fish for black bass or crappie.

How abnormally muddy could it have been before today? Weather has been pretty mild for a while lately...

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/05/20 01:39 AM

I haven't seen it but probably chocolate milk, that blackland clay gets those lakes around there dirty quick
Posted By: BorNella

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/05/20 01:41 AM

This wind and rain didn't help today either. It settles fairly quicky.
Posted By: structure man(Guide on RC)

Re: Running Richland Chambers - 03/05/20 05:04 PM

Certain parts of the lake were muddy before the rains yesterday and last night, both Richland and Chambers creeks are full and running into the lake, it will be a while before it settles down and clears up. I will be out Sat, Sunday, Monday and possible Tuesday so for a report on lake conditions or a trip call me at 972-345-9370. Also if you need any reels cleaned or repaired I can do that also. Fast turn around unless I have to order parts, then we wait on the snail mail or UPS. For further information on reel cleaning check the ad in the reel column.
Be careful out there and watch for floaters as well as under water obstacles.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum