Texas Fishing Forum

Thoughts on balsa wood crankbaits?

Posted By: Lil joe

Thoughts on balsa wood crankbaits? - 03/03/20 04:16 AM

I’m looking into investing in some balsa crankbaits and just wanted some opinions on them. When they work best, what Brands do you prefer or any other info to share.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Thoughts on balsa wood crankbaits? - 03/03/20 04:35 AM

There was a post just like this about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Look it up because there was a LOT of good information on it. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

Re: Thoughts on balsa wood crankbaits? - 03/03/20 05:18 AM

It was further back than I thought. 2-3 and 2-6 follow up.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Thoughts on balsa wood crankbaits? - 03/03/20 06:39 AM

Balsa Baits Thread
Posted By: RZ520

Re: Thoughts on balsa wood crankbaits? - 03/15/20 07:28 PM

Balsa is good at times, but a good quality plastic bait sometimes works just fine.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Thoughts on balsa wood crankbaits? - 03/15/20 07:31 PM

sometimes it is hard to be a balsa bait and other times normal strike king 1.5 is hard to beat just depends on the fish. But in muddy water a balsa yellow black back is hard to beat most days.

Re: Thoughts on balsa wood crankbaits? - 03/15/20 07:55 PM

The afore mentioned Balsa Bait Pot IS a GREAT starting place. About 3 weeks old and has over 60 posts on it. I still fish the old Deiter Stanford baits, but they are not balsa, they are made of cedar, harder than balsa and have a little more different action. Hard to find now, but I know him and I can beg him to send me a couple. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They normally cost 15 to 35 dollars, if you can find one on eBay. If you want more information, I am currently writing an article about reasons to fish wooden baits, vs. mass produced plastics. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

DItto again.

tr
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum