Texas Fishing Forum

Ghost or ultrex

Posted By: Jmachuca

Ghost or ultrex - 03/02/20 04:35 AM

Which is the best trolling motor ghost or ultrex?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Ghost or ultrex - 03/02/20 09:06 AM

Chevy vs Ford. Might want to look at Dodge. Sorry, that’s the best explanation(comparison) I’ve come up with so far.
Posted By: Austin2590

Re: Ghost or ultrex - 03/02/20 12:15 PM

I own neither but have been doing so research... pros and cons to each one. Ghost seems to be the better buy being the motor is brushless, same capability as ultrex, supposedly outside out more power, and can be run of of either 24 or 36v system. But I think networking wise minn kota has it unless you have lowrance graphs.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Ghost or ultrex - 03/02/20 01:20 PM

I have had two Ultrex, only a couple of problems with them and warranty took care of them, went with a Ghost on my new boat, we have started off on the wrong foot with it, it would not work after dealer mounted it, was sent a new board, it was broke, sent another new board, motor would work sometimes and then it would quit, it is working now but Lowrance has sent a new unit, should be here today, I went with Ghost because it has several things that Ultrex does not have, plus I have Lowrance graphs. All the folks I have tal;ked with love the ghost, hopefully i will as well.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ghost or ultrex - 03/02/20 02:12 PM

My ghost has been awesome. Had some spotlock issues at first because I didn’t calibrate the TMC & pedal offset. hammer After a buddy pointed out my screwup and I calibrated it, it’s been perfect. (I have not been out on a calm day to see if the spotlock searches though)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum