Texas Fishing Forum

Hull Cleaner

Posted By: forkduc

Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 05:28 PM

Any recommendations for a spray on power wash off cleaner for scum line?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 05:52 PM

Davis Fiberglass Stain Remover
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 06:02 PM

Lime away spray
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 06:18 PM

Starbrite works real good but make sure to wear gloves and wash it of the trailer quickly.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Starbrite works real good but make sure to wear gloves and wash it of the trailer quickly.

This stuff WORKS. It's not a spray on. It's a gel and it WILL destroy painted trailers but it works like a charm. I cover my trailer in a trap when using it.
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 07:24 PM

A little Dawn, ammonia and white vinegar in a bucket with warm water. This works as good as anything I have ever tried.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

This stuff WORKS. It's not a spray on. It's a gel and it WILL destroy painted trailers but it works like a charm. I cover my trailer in a trap when using it.

This is true, it ruined my trailer, had to replace all my bunk hardware because it made it rust into dust mad
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

This is true, it ruined my trailer, had to replace all my bunk hardware because it made it rust into dust mad

Yeah, but if you own a white boat there is nothing better. Wipe on spray off and your done. No scrubbing.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Yeah, but if you own a white boat there is nothing better. Wipe on spray off and your done. No scrubbing.

I didn't believe it when someone first told me about it, but it is true. I sprayed the liquid version on the brown water line and could immediately see almost solid white streaks as it ran down the hull. I wear gloves and keep the hose handy to thoroughly wash it off shortly after applying, and I only do one side before rinsing.
Posted By: Ranger 177

Re: Hull Cleaner - 02/28/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gungle
A little Dawn, ammonia and white vinegar in a bucket with warm water. This works as good as anything I have ever tried.

This is what I use and very effective
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Hull Cleaner - 03/02/20 12:51 AM

Get you a $2.00 bottle of The Works toilet bowl cleaner from the dollar store. You will need to get a spray bottle so you can spray it on the boat. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, go over it with the foaming brush at the car wash then rinse off. Some areas you might need to do a second time. I have a white boat and this stuff works great, especially for the price. Using "The Works" will save you lots of money vs. the cost of other hull cleaners so you will have more money for more tackle.

It does a good job cleaning toilets also.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Hull Cleaner - 03/02/20 01:32 AM

Don't dare breath it in, either!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Hull Cleaner - 03/02/20 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Get you a $2.00 bottle of The Works toilet bowl cleaner from the dollar store. You will need to get a spray bottle so you can spray it on the boat. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, go over it with the foaming brush at the car wash then rinse off. Some areas you might need to do a second time. I have a white boat and this stuff works great, especially for the price. Using "The Works" will save you lots of money vs. the cost of other hull cleaners so you will have more money for more tackle.

It does a good job cleaning toilets also.

^^^This^^^
And its only about a dollar a bottle.
Posted By: toledo puma

Re: Hull Cleaner - 03/02/20 02:39 PM

Hands down, Totally Awesome! It cost $1.00 per spray bottle at Dollar General. A friend in the boat detailing business has kept it a secret for 2 years.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Hull Cleaner - 03/02/20 03:45 PM

Thank you
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Hull Cleaner - 03/02/20 04:26 PM

I also have a white boat. I have used BBS and works to help clean off and create a layer of protection. i will try the The Works though, then go over it with BBS.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum