Texas Fishing Forum

Nocona Lake

Posted By: jbvsbv

Nocona Lake - 02/23/20 01:02 AM

Hey guys and gals... I’m planning on hitting Nocona lake this year. Can someone that know the lake pm me? I have some questions. Trying to learn the lake... thanks!

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/23/20 01:33 PM

160 people viewed this post and no response? Cmon...
Posted By: slim1

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/23/20 02:07 PM

Nocona or Nacona ????

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/23/20 02:35 PM

Thanks slim. I changed post to correct spelling.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/23/20 02:38 PM

Find the shallow water close to the deep water by looking at Navionics and you should be able to determine what to do pretty easily.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/23/20 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by jbvsbv
160 people viewed this post and no response? Cmon...

I've never been there either but would like to hear some comments on the fishing.

Looks like it is at full pool now.
Posted By: mrhtx

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/25/20 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by TxDanFishMan
[quote=jbvsbv]160 people viewed this post and no response? Cmon...

I've never been there either but would like to hear some comments on the fishing.

Looks like it is at full pool now.[

LMAO so youve been there or you havent ?
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/25/20 11:16 AM

It used to have hydrilla and we had some good times there. Last couple of times we were there it was gone.

I took third in our club tourney there one year with 18 pounds, three fish limit.

The right side of the dam has some nice deep docks to fish and midway up the lake there is a long arm extending out in the lake. The docks on the far side are pretty good to fish. There are docks scattered around the lake.

Thats about he extent of my knowledge. Good luck.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/25/20 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by mrhtx
Originally Posted by TxDanFishMan
[quote=jbvsbv]160 people viewed this post and no response? Cmon...

Looks like it is at full pool now.[

LMAO so youve been there or you havent ?
”Looks like” as in “reads like” laugh. Actually Nocona is a little past full right now. “Look”: [Linked Image]
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/25/20 03:11 PM

Just fish shallow, fish should be moving up. Lake has some real good quality fish in it, 3 fingers by the dam is good, and many of the boat houses are good. just depends on water temps. Crank baits, jigs, power worms, and chatter baits. fish the main lake point around the floating crappie barn then work your way out and see where the bass are, they should be staging for the spawn. good luck we fished it last Feb. and got 2nd with 21 plus
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/25/20 04:58 PM

Lake is good anywhere in spring. Takes big sacks to win out there.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Nacona Lake - 02/25/20 05:20 PM

I found what appeared to be a couple of sunk boats by a creek channel in 19 fow. This was a couple of years ago.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum