Texas Fishing Forum

Fire Extinguisher

Posted By: R.J.E.

Fire Extinguisher - 02/18/20 08:01 PM

I must be weak in my old age but I can't for the life of me latch the keeper around the lower part of my extinguisher, anyone else have this problem?
Posted By: JOHNNIE III

Re: Fire Extinguisher - 02/18/20 10:16 PM

Latch the strap first, and then slide the extinguisher in from the top. It is a lot easier.
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Fire Extinguisher - 02/18/20 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by JOHNNIE III
Latch the strap first, and then slide the extinguisher in from the top. It is a lot easier.

Thanks man,
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fire Extinguisher - 02/19/20 01:45 AM

I had two wardens check me a week and a half ago. Same day, a few hours apart. Took a little work to get the damn thing out of its holder. Tried for 10 minutes to put it back, then gave up and threw it in the box behind the drivers seat. My partner then threw his rain coat, hat, gloves, and a few empty cans on top of it. Soon, I was checked a second time. The second wasn’t amused with my fire extinguisher location. Lol. I told him it was faster than the first safety check of the day.
Posted By: speedcrawler

Re: Fire Extinguisher - 02/19/20 02:16 AM

This is funny, I have had the same issue before. I'll remember Johnnie's suggestion when it's time to replace.
Posted By: RZ520

Re: Fire Extinguisher - 03/15/20 07:54 PM

Must be a better way to strap them, but for now, it's what come with the unit.
Posted By: mhall1986

Re: Fire Extinguisher - 03/16/20 12:15 AM

Speaking of fire extinguishers, it's good to check them now and again. I had my motor catch on fire one night on Conroe and went to use the fire extinguisher and it just spurted out for 3 seconds and that was it. Luckily the fire wasn't bigger than a couple matches, or the insurance man would've been involved. Check the expiration date, most are good for about 12 years or so, but this one was only 6 or 7 years old and failed. I now replace it every 3 years just to be safe.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum