Texas Fishing Forum

Bank charger question

Posted By: Frank the Tank

Bank charger question - 02/18/20 12:34 AM

Could you cut off the loop connectors and replace Them with clip/style connectors like on jumper cables? Any negative affect to this other then them coming disconnected?
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Bank charger question - 02/18/20 12:41 AM

I did this with a 2 bank charger out of my old boat that I mounted in my garage, been working fine for 6 or 7 months now....
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Bank charger question - 02/18/20 02:24 AM

thumb I figured it would be fine, just making sure
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Bank charger question - 02/18/20 02:29 AM

[align:left][/align]There’s no issue with that, except maybe a spark if it was on when you were hooking up the batteries. If it sparks too excessive it could explode the battery from the gases being exerted. Just make sure the batteries are hooked up before you plug it in.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Bank charger question - 02/18/20 02:35 AM

Could also get a male and female Connector and do it that way as well. Leave the rings on the battery. Just a thought
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Bank charger question - 02/18/20 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ken Starling
Could also get a male and female Connector and do it that way as well. Leave the rings on the battery. Just a thought

This would be my suggestion! cheers
Posted By: Walls

Re: Bank charger question - 02/18/20 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Starling

I have seen a good set up of that by someone here or BBC and actually started a thread on BBC yesterday asking about it because I can't find that thread.
Posted By: DarrellSimpson

Re: Bank charger question - 02/18/20 04:12 PM

I used quick disconnect plugs . Cut them in half and solder rings on the battery side . I made sure that the exposed prong that would be hot was on the battery charger to reduce accidental shorts on the boat when disconnected . These are the ones I bought . https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057ZQJ12/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: Walls

Re: Bank charger question - 02/18/20 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by DarrellSimpson
I used quick disconnect plugs . Cut them in half and solder rings on the battery side . I made sure that the exposed prong that would be hot was on the battery charger to reduce accidental shorts on the boat when disconnected . These are the ones I bought . https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057ZQJ12/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's a great option and I may go that route, but someone used a muti-prong plug (like the old TM plug) and had them all wired in so you only had to plug in one time.
Posted By: DarrellSimpson

Re: Bank charger question - 02/19/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by WALLS
Originally Posted by DarrellSimpson

That's a great option and I may go that route, but someone used a muti-prong plug (like the old TM plug) and had them all wired in so you only had to plug in one time.

I like your idea better . I get irritated with the 3 separate plugs and wires tangling when trying to handle the charger .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum