Texas Fishing Forum

Wheeler Branch question.....

Posted By: P_102

Wheeler Branch question..... - 02/14/20 11:18 PM

I’ve heard ‘no gas motors’ there, can a person fish with trolling motor only and not start gas motor?
Posted By: Piscivore

Re: Wheeler Branch question..... - 02/14/20 11:22 PM

You can't have a bilge, livewells, or a floor. It would basically have to be a john boat with a trolling motor.
Posted By: P_102

Re: Wheeler Branch question..... - 02/14/20 11:24 PM

Wow....ok, thanks.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Wheeler Branch question..... - 02/15/20 02:23 AM

Here is the view of Wheeler Branch right across the street from my new place. You know how painful it is to have a Ranger 521 in my garage and not be able to put it in the lake anymore?cry Wheeler Branch is owned by the Somervell County Water District (which is me and the other county tax payers). A friend of mine is the head of the water district. They came up with the “no bilges” rule out of fear of contracting zebra mussels. One of the many ways that “experts” state that the invasive zebra mussels are spread. Pretty much only canoes, kayaks and john boats allowed. The argument has been brought up that technically kayaks have a “bilge area” with their hollow shell but that argument will only lead to them being restricted too. Yes, when they allowed any boats on the lake for fishing you could not run your gas outboard. Paddle or electric trolling motor power only. Bottom line is the lake was solely built for supplying water to the entire county. Recreation is only a by-product and every step will be taken to attempt to avoid zebra mussel infestation. Here is my front yard: [Linked Image]
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Wheeler Branch question..... - 02/15/20 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by P_102
Wow....ok, thanks.

Yeah they changed it to no bilge boats several years ago frown
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum