Texas Fishing Forum

Wheeler Wow

Posted By: JBM 3

Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 05:45 PM

Any reaction to Jacob Wheeler's amazing performance to win BPT at Eufala?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 05:53 PM

There was a bunch of people who thought Thrift or Ott had it wrapped up with a bow on top! cheers
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 06:00 PM

He is a fishing machine
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 06:14 PM

Great fisherman. He sure does like to say "Let's go!" a lot.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 06:15 PM

Wheeler keeps getting better at this format, I expect to see him and Thrift fishing the last day on almost every event. Those two guys would also be my top picks to win AOY in that league this year.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 06:35 PM

He is a hoss.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 06:37 PM

Any way to watch it after the fact?
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 06:47 PM

I know i would never bet against Wheeler in this format. He always seems to find a pattern where he can catch numbers. He is impressive for sure.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Any way to watch it after the fact?

MLF Link
Posted By: buda13

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bass98
Wheeler keeps getting better at this format, I expect to see him and Thrift fishing the last day on almost every event. Those two guys would also be my top picks to win AOY in that league this year.

Hard to argue that logic... I agree! cheers
Posted By: barbarian

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 07:06 PM

He is amazing at breaking down the daily situation. Thrift is/will be too. What I really like about Wheeler is that he also seems to enjoy sharing some of his thoughts and ideas to the viewers.
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 07:46 PM

I've been a fan for a while.. I watch his channel on youtube and he is impressive to say the least. He finds schools of fish if he needs to.. or he can beat the bank and catch them too., It will be interesting to watch his video of the championship round to understand the thought process for the whole day. Can't beat getting on a school of 3lbers that are biting.

BD
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 07:48 PM

Must be all those fish finders on his boat. cheers
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

He has 3 different brands mounted to find them with. Curious what's going on there?
Posted By: BassMajician

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 07:54 PM

I like watching him. I'm a fan.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

He has 3 different brands mounted to find them with. Curious what's going on there?

They all do one thing better than the other brands and he wants the best that each brand offers. He bought them himself and had a custom mount made. - per his YouTube.
Posted By: Jake S.

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 08:04 PM

Supposedly each graph has a specific thing that its the best at (whatever that is) and that's what he has it set-up for. Just that particular function. per MLF commentators
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 08:15 PM

Anyone have a link to his highlights?
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/14/20 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jake S.
Supposedly each graph has a specific thing that its the best at (whatever that is) and that's what he has it set-up for. Just that particular function. per MLF commentators

Graph explanation below, hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWDpzvMxajM
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 12:45 AM

Dumb question 1oz spinnerbait? Is that for fishing deep bottom bouncing or very slow rolling or both?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Dumb question 1oz spinnerbait? Is that for fishing deep bottom bouncing or very slow rolling or both?

Yes
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 01:01 AM

I have to admit, Wheeler has an efficiency and sense of urgency that many anglers lack. That guy catches the fish, weighs it, puts it back in e water and makes another cast. Reminds me of KVD. He wants it bad and is tenacious.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Yes

Are those over size? I have two 1 oz but they are huge blades etc. I’ve never tried them. They are definitely Texas sized.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 01:27 AM

heavy blades shine in grass.

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Yes

Are those over size? I have two 1 oz but they are huge blades etc. I’ve never tried them. They are definitely Texas sized.

I have thrown them with big blades. You can also put on smaller blades to fish them deeper. I don't fish them often but do throw them at lakes like Fork and Falcon. Just remember, the bigger the blade. The more lift it has
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 01:41 AM

He’s won on all tours. Hard to not include in the “best in the business” conversation

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_K
He’s won on all tours. Hard to not include in the “best in the business” conversation

He is probably the best right now. He is freaky good
Posted By: Mudbone

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 01:48 AM

Yep, he seems like a good dude and man he is a machine
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Wheeler Wow - 02/16/20 02:52 AM

I think he'll surpass KVD. This format clearly fits his style. He will never have the classic titles but he sure has won a lot at a young age.
© 2020 Texas Fishing Forum