Texas Fishing Forum

Transducer experiment

Posted By: reelswift

Transducer experiment - 02/12/20 01:39 PM

I personally have not tried but considered mounting a 2d with down imaging transducer so that it would send out sound in a forward direction opposed to downward. In theory it should work similar to the live scope. Has anyone experimented with transducer direction ?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Transducer experiment - 02/12/20 01:49 PM

It will work nothing like a livescope. A guy on BBC claims you can get an image with the 2d on 83, but it won’t be anything similar to livescope.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Transducer experiment - 02/12/20 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by reelswift
I personally have not tried but considered mounting a 2d with down imaging transducer so that it would send out sound in a forward direction opposed to downward. In theory it should work similar to the live scope. Has anyone experimented with transducer direction ?

maybe lowrance, hummingbird, garmin Raytheon etc... I bet they have.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Transducer experiment - 02/12/20 08:41 PM

I'm currently running birds and not sure if I want to add another unit at this point. Gonna look at the new Mega 360 capabilities next.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Transducer experiment - 02/12/20 09:23 PM

Find Wayne P in the electronics section and he will tell you what would benefit you the most, that man is a true guru!
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Transducer experiment - 02/12/20 10:14 PM

nothing like livescope but should work the same as if pointed down. one potential problem is no bottom to reflect off of but I would think fish etc would still show.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum