Texas Fishing Forum

Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+

Posted By: machoblanco61

Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 08:01 PM

Score tracker shows Jordan Lee has five fish for over 32 pounds. Definitely not a dinkfest anymore
They putting on a show
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 08:02 PM

Connel has 5 for almost 25. They definitely catching some quality. I can't believe Jordan is staying in his area and not leaving. He's pretty much guaranteed to make finals
Posted By: One fish Bill

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 08:04 PM

For some reason my IPad keeps buffering the video stream, I get the voice over but the video is to choppy to watch frown
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 08:09 PM

Is this a BASS or FLW tournament he is fishing?
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 08:11 PM

Mlf.. you know.. the one where they “only” catch small fish
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 08:25 PM

Prespawn, big bass lake, great angler....good recipe for a big bag.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Connel has 5 for almost 25. They definitely catching some quality. I can't believe Jordan is staying in his area and not leaving. He's pretty much guaranteed to make finals

Very surprising to me that he hasn't left yet
Posted By: J-2

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:09 PM

6 for 36 is a heck of a day.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by J-2
6 for 36 is a heck of a day.

Indeed.

And McClelland caught a 1.14 with two minutes left that would’ve put him in the championship round with one more shad in its belly. Exciting finish.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:19 PM

Would have made a hell of a good picture holding them five ..
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:25 PM

Little fish narrative is now over after this event.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:28 PM

Dang wish I would have caught that live, Jordan Lee with 5 for 32. If this was a 5 fish event that stringer would make a ton of headlines. But with him finishing 2nd in the round and it only being one round, not sure it will get that much press. I just caught part of the recap, they mentioned he said it was his best day on the water.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:34 PM

great coverage and commentary.....really interesting to watch...final day tomorrow should be even better....

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Will forever be known as Mo Little Fish

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by slim 285

Not even a Slim chance of that...
Posted By: tricky

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:50 PM

They arent going back up north and play with smallmouth?

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:50 PM

You know you can put lipstick on a pig and it’s still a pig

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 10:58 PM

M

You also know when your narrative is gone and you don’t know what to do other than type mo little fish and talk about flamboyant pigs...
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:00 PM

please tell me Pink Floyd is coming back to dfw...
Posted By: Big O Florida

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:13 PM

M

You also know when your narrative is gone and you don’t know what to do other than type mo little fish and talk about flamboyant pigs...

Hey, did you all see those empty fields and areas around the boat ramp with all those sponsor flags flying today? Not even a couple fans wandering around to see the wish I was still a pro gang.

Now, contrast that with what was seen every day at the BASS event that just concluded yesterday. It’s night and day comparison. See the post fishing videos I embedded in a message that got moved to plugs and announcements because the pro MLF groups are getting tired of seeing the truth posted and their narrative being dispelled.

The real narrative is they don’t have any significant fans and they know it. Of course, they have the click farms based in Asia to try and tell the clueless executives of the sponsors a different story.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Big O Florida
M

Hey, did you all see those empty fields and areas around the boat ramp with all those sponsor flags flying today? Not even a couple fans wandering around to see the wish I was still a pro gang.

Now, contrast that with what was seen every day at the BASS event that just concluded yesterday. It’s night and day comparison. See the post fishing videos I embedded in a message that got moved to plugs and announcements because the pro MLF groups are getting tired of seeing the truth posted and their narrative being dispelled.

The real narrative is they don’t have any significant fans and they know it. Of course, they have the click farms based in Asia to try and tell the clueless executives of the sponsors a different story.

The next thing you post that is true. Will be the 1st thing

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Big O Florida
M

The reason(s) your post was moved to the plugs and announcements sub-thread should be clear after JP posted the reasoning yesterday. Saying it was because “pro-MLF groups are tired of seeing the truth posted and their narrative dispelled” is both wrong and annoying.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:23 PM

I think to some degree you are right. there will still be "little fish" tournaments where some fo them get on a big school and drop shot 35 1 lb fish in a round etc. but events like this and the slug fest on Shearan Harris in NC were AWESOME

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:29 PM

You also know when your narrative is gone and you don’t know what to do other than type mo little fish and talk about flamboyant pigs...[/quote]

8th place which is advancing has 2.89 average .... Mo Little Fish

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

I think to some degree you are right. there will still be "little fish" tournaments where some fo them get on a big school and drop shot 35 1 lb fish in a round etc. but events like this and the slug fest on Shearan Harris in NC were AWESOME

Yes, Carolina was awesome and if they keep the majority of the remainders at 2lbs this trend will continue. It was a brilliant move that has completely and totally flipped how this is played while keeping the interest and action of Scoretracker. Will be fun to watch.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:31 PM

It’ll be back.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:34 PM

[/quote]

Umm, don't look now but 8th place at the BASS event on St. John's got paid with an average of 2.60...

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:36 PM

Umm, don't look now but 8th place at the BASS event on St. John's got paid with an average of 2.60... [/quote]

Never said a thing about BASS .. we are talking Mo Little Bass!!!!!

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:38 PM

Never said a thing about BASS .. we are talking Mo Little Bass!!!!!

Freudian slip? grin
Posted By: Barn

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

No more 1# fish with the new 2# minimum rule. I think you will see more guys sticking with other tactics. You could see that it allowed guys to stick to their game plans and fished more like a traditional tournament this week. There are going to be certain lakes and time of the year that dropping for numbers may come into play but I think we will see less of it now.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:42 PM

Umm, don't look now but 8th place at the BASS event on St. John's got paid with an average of 2.60... [/quote]

And if you take the top 10. They averaged about 2.15 on the final day
Posted By: Jackcusteau

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:44 PM

I actually enjoyed MLF more than the Elite Series tournament this time. The tournament and commentary were more interesting to me. I'm a fan of all tho.... As long as tournament season is here I'm good!
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:54 PM

Am I the only one who noticed they cut to commercial with 30 seconds left? What was that about?
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/11/20 11:54 PM

Fishermen bashing fishing shows is interesting. It doesn't matter one bit what is weighed as long as the rules are the same for all participants. Maybe they should all have a 5 pound minimum weight rule so all the elite fishermen who regularly catch plenty of 5 pounders would be happy. Crazy times.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 05:42 AM

PLEASE MOVE TO MLF/BASS SUB FORUM
Posted By: big mike

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 06:53 AM

I don't think you can call an almost 3lb average mo lttle fish lol! That's pretty impressive!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 02:52 PM

An hour in already and Zero fish for Lee. hmmm
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 03:04 PM

Big O needs to change his handle to "Bitter O"

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

I believe they said he had a 50 minute run to his starting spot
Posted By: rcjoutdoors

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 03:09 PM

I definitely have to watch a replay later on today!!!

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

I believe they said he had a 50 minute run to his starting spot

I didn't think about that. cheers
Posted By: Jawz

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 03:36 PM

It's one lake which is a big fish lake. Let's not get to excited. MLF is still a dink fest tournament. It's a series that shows you how to fill your limit in a hurry if you need to. If you're a tournament fisherman be careful not to pick up the wrong thought process.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 03:41 PM

Yeah, he spent 50 minutes diving to the spot he caught them yesterday. They went to him live and he said he had only been fishing 15 minutes.

I like that aspect of MLF. Guys can spend that time going to the other end of a lake and not have to worry about getting back for a weigh in, which is cool. One of the announcers said it’s also safer, because then guys aren’t pushing it to get back by the cutoff, which I also agree with.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 03:44 PM

it's been an exciting first period so far. A few flurries and a nice 6-15 from Ott. I really like the tweaks they made this year. I watch BASS, MLF and even some FLW. If BassChamps had a live stream, I would watch that too.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by LakeForkGroupie
it's been an exciting first period so far. A few flurries and a nice 6-15 from Ott. I really like the tweaks they made this year. I watch BASS, MLF and even some FLW. If BassChamps had a live stream, I would watch that too.

And Tak just lost a 5-6 pounder at the boat before the break.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

He has had another one in the 2nd period as well! frown

I would throw those spinnerbaits in the trashcan and put on another brand (insert your favorite here) before I lost another big one! slinger

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 06:44 PM

I would throw those spinnerbaits in the trashcan and put on another brand (insert your favorite here) before I lost another big one! slinger

Saw that. They said he was using a composite rod, more like a crank bait rod, that lets them eat it, but doesn’t get as good a hookset with a spinner bait.

I was starting to think he was using a practice spinner bait with the hook cut off or something.
Posted By: Mike1285

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:05 PM

What lake are they at?
Posted By: TexY3TI

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mike1285
What lake are they at?

Walter F. George Reservoir....
Posted By: Walls

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:09 PM

Saw that. They said he was using a composite rod, more like a crank bait rod, that lets them eat it, but doesn’t get as good a hookset with a spinner bait.

I was starting to think he was using a practice spinner bait with the hook cut off or something.

And he just "missed" another one. OMG

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:12 PM

Anyone hear what the current lake temp. at Eufaula is today?

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by TexY3TI

Some were saying 59 and others about 62 where they were.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:25 PM

Wheeler is shooting up the board! bolt

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:38 PM

Some were saying 59 and others about 62 where they were.

So...quite warmer than Texoma...LOL!!

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:43 PM

Thrift and Wheeler less than 2 pounds off the lead. I wouldn't be comfortable at all

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mudbone

I cannot find the MLF/BASS SUB FORUM....Please advise.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mudbone

I cannot find the MLF/BASS SUB FORUM....Please advise.

Plugs and announcements

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 08:25 PM

I took a phone call and all of a sudden Wheeler went from back 10lbs to up 10lbs . The anouncers are saying he caught 21 lbs in 30 min. I think he is catching big 2lb spots.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 08:39 PM

I took a phone call and all of a sudden Wheeler went from back 10lbs to up 10lbs . The anouncers are saying he caught 21 lbs in 30 min. I think he is catching big 2lb spots.

I did the same thing! hooked

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 08:55 PM

I did the same thing! hooked

At one point he had 9 for 27 in the round. Just watched him catch a 5+. It's just a big prespawn school he's wearing out on a big spinnerbait. Hes catching a few spots mixed in. Definitely not all little fish. Lots of 3+. It's over... 20+lb lead

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 08:58 PM

Same. Conference call, and all of the sudden he is 20 pounds ahead. Incredible.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 09:41 PM

While I like the change to the 2 lb minimum and this tournament was definitely fun to watch, its going to take more than 1 tournament to get rid of that narrative.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 09:51 PM

Mo Little Fish lives on .
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 10:07 PM

Best tournament they’ve had to date. However it’s still strange when they win and have no one to celebrate with. I imagine it really takes away from the moment for the angler.

Re: Jordan Lee got 5 for 30+ - 02/12/20 11:19 PM

I doubt the guys who win are worried about the moment. That's a lot of days grinding it out under different conditions worried all day about who's leading or making cuts. Then off days. It's hectic and I'm sure a huge relief when it's over plus the 100k sure helps...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum