Texas Fishing Forum

BASS Postponing Chick?

Posted By: machoblanco61

BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 07:23 PM

Someone just told me that be a BASS was postponing the Chickamauga Tournament based on the upcoming rain monsoon. I think they should fish in most any kind of weather. That just seems to make it more challenging. Granted, anything that could be considered dangerous such as extremely High-winds I understand, but come on
Man!
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 07:32 PM

It is probably not the high winds they are concerned about... It will be all the flooding from the rain, debris in the river, big logs, flash floods bring all kind of dangers into play...
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 07:44 PM

Man, Big O has flat out albatrossed them...

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ETXfisher91
It is probably not the high winds they are concerned about... It will be all the flooding from the rain, debris in the river, big logs, flash floods bring all kind of dangers into play...

Floods Shmudds - last I checked Chick was a TVA flooded river bottom
Having these guys fish cold muddy water might not be ideal but it’ll make the best come out of them. You could say that the tournament going on down at Eufaula is a tough one but they usually figure out how to crack the code. Come on man!
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 07:59 PM

They aren’t exactly stroking them this week.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by machoblanco61
Someone just told me that be a BASS was postponing the Chickamauga Tournament based on the upcoming rain monsoon. I think they should fish in most any kind of weather. That just seems to make it more challenging. Granted, anything that could be considered dangerous such as extremely High-winds I understand, but come on
Man!

You left out the 20 degrees forecast that is gonna ice up the ramps. Weird there was no complaining from you about a trail the stopped fishing due to the rain?....you ever fish for redfish by chance?

Probably not a place that needs to worry about having a BASS tournament right now as more rain is forecast.
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Man, Big O has flat out albatrossed them...

soap
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 08:34 PM

Move to Plugs and Announcements
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 08:36 PM

Lol who is this chick you speak of?
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 09:45 PM

Man!

They have to consider the Safety of the Marshalls and the fans that try to follow on the water. Not to mention all the local volunteers and organizers that are involved.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 09:58 PM

Also usable ramp access is a factor. Expecting a lot of rain this week and we just got a bunch in this region last Thursday/Friday. Jordan Lake caught 12 feet for example, can't fish it right now
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Man!

You left out the 20 degrees forecast that is gonna ice up the ramps. Weird there was no complaining from you about a trail the stopped fishing due to the rain?....you ever fish for redfish by chance?

Probably not a place that needs to worry about having a BASS tournament right now as more rain is forecast.

Yeah that doesn't look safe to me so no griping from me about the postponement. flag
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 10:03 PM

They are also already in a time crunch to get these events in before the classic and with James River running late, they couldn't wait postpone Chic too, so reschedule is best. Especially with the all the rain expected this week.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 10:22 PM

Better safe than sorry.

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 11:15 PM

Let em’ all fish in the slop. BPT and BASS. Nobody should
Cancel. I think BPT should have not cancelled Grand last year.
Let em’ fly no marshals and take a polygraph and camera guys
Yea ha!
[Linked Image]

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 11:25 PM

Ok now that the jokes done..... Safety is obviously a reason they rescheduled these. However, a big reason is whenever these places flood and the local folks are hurting, it’s not good optics to put on a bass circus.

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/10/20 11:35 PM

Ok now that the jokes done..... Safety is obviously a reason they rescheduled these. However, a big reason is whenever these places flood and the local folks are hurting, it’s not good optics to put on a bass circus.

Now that is the truth! cheers
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 12:17 AM

Safety should be 1st and foremost for any event planned by any company especially when worst case scenario is a loss of life!
Posted By: Neal G

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 12:40 AM

Man!

Mark - Love the redfish comment/question
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Neal G
Man!

You noticed the similarities as well huh?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Neal G
Man!

You noticed the similarities as well huh?

I don’t recall Redfish typing in third person though, Macho seems like he might be younger and goofier. More like a James Watson...
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 02:22 AM

On their website. Moved to March 19 thru 22.
Posted By: Big O Florida

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 02:42 AM

It was for the best of everyone involved. The fans, the anglers, and the sponsors who send employees to these events, particularly. Safety during the event is priority #1, if the conditions were forecasted this far out to become bad high waters, then the whole area is going to be impacted by flooding. I am sure this fishing tournament is not going to be the only thing in the area put on hold for next week.
Posted By: big mike

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 02:46 AM

Move to plugs and announcements.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

Before weigh in today Trip Weldon addressed the decision. After talking with TVA, NWS, and local authorities BASS made the decision to reschedule. He went on to say that an Elite series event typically pulls local resources away from their 'normal' duties to the community. With the current flooding and anticipated weather BASS did not want the optics of pulling any 1st responders out of rotation. Prioroty is with the local community.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 03:04 AM

Even better, toads will be spawning by then

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Originally Posted by BigDozer66

Before weigh in today Trip Weldon addressed the decision. After talking with TVA, NWS, and local authorities BASS made the decision to reschedule. He went on to say that an Elite series event typically pulls local resources away from their 'normal' duties to the community. With the current flooding and anticipated weather BASS did not want the optics of pulling any 1st responders out of rotation. Prioroty is with the local community.

flehan flag
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

Do they just go ahead and write the check to John Cox or does him and Buddy Gross flip a coin?

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

Do they just go ahead and write the check to John Cox or does him and Buddy Gross flip a coin?

True That! cheers
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

Some good sight fisherman on the elites, moreso than flw in my opinion. But....Cox will be salty regardless. If it stays stained he'll be in contention just from the shallow bite like last year there
Posted By: Chris B

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/11/20 06:13 PM

Any chance Cox fishes the FLW that's the same weekend now? He is leading the points.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/12/20 05:43 AM

PLEASE MOVE TO MLF/BASS SUB FORUM
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: BASS Postponing Chick? - 02/12/20 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Any chance Cox fishes the FLW that's the same weekend now? He is leading the points.

I don't think so. He was already going to miss 1 of the FLW tournaments. I believe the Elite Series is taking priority.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum