Texas Fishing Forum

OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping?

Posted By: befuddled

OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/10/20 04:34 PM

Have an order ready to send for tungsten flipping weights from OMG Fishing which is located in China. Anyone know if this new virus will create delays in delivery? I have ready very good reviews on their products.
Posted By: GROD

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/10/20 08:52 PM

No idea, but great product for the price point! Normally takes 10-12 days anyways.
Posted By: RO519

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/10/20 09:36 PM

Don't pop any of the bubble wrap in your box when you get it, it could have Corona Virus air in it...
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/11/20 03:07 AM

Probably.... Lots of stuff delayed due to that
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/11/20 03:10 AM

I have ordered many times - it usually takes 2-3 weeks. I'm sure the current situation is having an effect. That being said, it is a great line of tungsten for an excellent price.
Posted By: Bartemus

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/11/20 02:05 PM

I order from Titan Tungsten. Great site. Fast delivery and they run specials all the time
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/11/20 02:15 PM

It would suck to die from the corona-virus just to save a few dollars to buy your weights from China roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Shoe Dave

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/11/20 04:00 PM

Check out Rivera Tackle, riveratackle.com, great prices and fast shipping.
Posted By: befuddled

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/11/20 04:01 PM

Did some more research about the virus. Learned it is only spread by human contact and can't survive on other surfaces except for a very short time. Getting tungsten weights from a warehouse and having them shipped will take days and is said not to be a concern. Now if the manufacturer hand delivered it to me, that's a problem! Have sent my order to OMG which shows about a 2 week delivery, maybe less...not exactly sure if there will be delays due to some Chinese workers not showing up for work.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/11/20 06:08 PM

I know some suppliers of lure blanks are having delays so tungsten may or may not be affected also. Some companies who use them as a supplier may also have inventory here already to pull from
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/11/20 10:18 PM

Early on both OMG and Joyfish both had banners up on their FB page stating that there will be an increased delay in their shipments. Something like an extra 2-3 weeks. I got lucky and received my last order right before all this madness.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/12/20 01:49 AM

I made my order before all this hit. Luckily I just bit the bullet and bought enough for a few years.
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/12/20 01:26 PM

I second Titan. Same day shipping, awesome paint job, weight is stamped with the size on the side, so no more guessing on the size. They do run lots of specials and good folks in AL.
Posted By: rcjoutdoors

Re: OMG Tungsten Weights - Any Problem with Shipping? - 02/12/20 03:27 PM

I been hitting a few various brands on Amazon and forum guys. I will check out some of the places suggested in this thread.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum