Texas Fishing Forum

Jacob Wheeler Electronics

Posted By: Bill Durham

Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/06/20 04:06 PM

I watched Jacob Wheeler's video about his electronics for 2020.. very interesting. He has all 3 brands on his boat.. that he bought not sponsored. Has a Humminbird and a Lowrance on the console, Garmin, Bird and Lowrance on the bow! He only talked about the console stuff in that video, so will be interesting to see the video on the bow.

BD
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/06/20 05:01 PM

When you can afford it why not have the best. When utilized correctly, they all have a place
Posted By: Tanner101

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/06/20 05:05 PM

When your living depends on any edge you can create, I can see the reasoning. Not many could extract enough to make it worth their trouble.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/06/20 05:54 PM

Have Lowrance on the console (I like the 2D and 3rd party Reefmaster mapping software compatibility)
Humminbird at the bow (I like the DI and SI--Lakemaster is better for some lakes)
I'd add Garmin Livescope if this wasn't just a hobby

At some point, these different computer brands should be able to communicate with each other with built in GPS and lake file format conversion
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/06/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

At some point, these different computer brands should be able to communicate with each other with built in GPS and lake file format conversion

I think Big O will praise MLF before that happens.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/06/20 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

^^Correct on both accounts!!

I do wish it was Easier to convert the files and transfer between graphs. So many different applications right now and having to use multiple apps to change em.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/06/20 07:01 PM

Have Lowrance on the console (I like the 2D and 3rd party Reefmaster mapping software compatibility)
Humminbird at the bow (I like the DI and SI--Lakemaster is better for some lakes)
I'd add Garmin Livescope if this wasn't just a hobby

The technology isn’t the issue. The proprietary nature of competing brands is.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/06/20 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

roflmao
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/06/20 10:43 PM

He did the bow video today.. all 3 brands on the bow.. Helix 12, Lowrance HDS LIve???, Garmin with Livescope. He is waiting on the 360 attachment for his Helix. More power too him!

BD
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/07/20 01:35 AM

How, if at all, can any of that be networked?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/07/20 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

I think the only thing they can share is the battery they’re connected to. Ha.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/07/20 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

It’s all just 1s and 0s. Would be similar to running Windows on an Apple device and networking a Windows IOS with Linux. Would just need a universal emulator.
I’m sure there would be lots of legal hurdles
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/07/20 03:07 AM

How on earth does he step onto the bow of the boat??? Must have long legs.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Jacob Wheeler Electronics - 02/07/20 03:08 AM

a dock?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum