Texas Fishing Forum

Any bedding bass?

Posted By: Austin2590

Any bedding bass? - 02/06/20 03:14 AM

Hi yall, new to the forum! Wanted to say a howdy and ask hows the fishing been!?
I know it's a bit early for most lakes, but what lakes are staging. I'm here in Killeen and
Looking at exploring some new lakes.
Where you at? And hows the bite?
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Any bedding bass? - 02/06/20 04:10 AM

I haven't seen em yet, but our water temps have been 58-62 since October - so I think you might could find some this weekend.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Any bedding bass? - 02/06/20 12:53 PM

I have seen fry on a few lakes in Houston, but I have not actually seen any bedding bass yet. On small lakes I found 66 degrees on Tuesday before the cold front. It's 35 air temp here this morning, so I suspect that'll push them back out until the next 3-4 day warmup.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Any bedding bass? - 02/06/20 02:20 PM

I predict a wave to move up in the next couple weeks going into the full moon. Next week is pretty warm at night. All they need is 2-3 days and it'll happen
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Any bedding bass? - 02/06/20 02:40 PM

Been fishing mainly east tx lakes like Toledo and Rayburn the last 30-45 days. Went up to Ray Hubbard last Sunday to start getting ready for my son's upcoming tournament. Couldn't believe how much colder the water was up there. DFW average temps have been about the same as east Texas this yr. I think the next warm spell will get a wave of fish spawning in east texas. Especially Rayburn. The north Texas lakes are a ways off yet. We saw water as cold as 46 Sunday morning on Hubbard and never really saw anything above 53 even on a warm sunny day. No highs in the 60's predicted until middle of next week for DFW with some more cold rain in the forecast. Think it will be March before you see much spawning in north Texas.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Any bedding bass? - 02/06/20 02:43 PM

Agree with March, late March even. Its been a warm warm winter, but now "real winter" is just setting in. We are going to see our lowest temps of the season in the next 3-4 weeks. So yeah, March maybe April till they up in big numbers.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Any bedding bass? - 02/06/20 02:47 PM

i think we are still a couple of weeks away from them staging in North Texas. You go south and you might find more getting ready.. Feb. can be cold but what are the temps when the Feb. full moon comes.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Any bedding bass? - 02/06/20 02:47 PM

Caught bed fish at Fork last February...probably will again this year.
Posted By: Clint H.

Re: Any bedding bass? - 02/06/20 07:40 PM

saw 2 on a bed at the golf course last saturday
Posted By: Austin2590

Re: Any bedding bass? - 02/07/20 12:23 PM

I've been noticing the back and fourth movement in lakes here in central Texas. Still in a winter pattern with all this back and fourth weather.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum