Texas Fishing Forum

Pre-Spawn

Posted By: Skeeter2020

Pre-Spawn - 02/06/20 02:50 AM

What are yalls favorite pre-spawn baits? Looking to change some things up this year and needing advice.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Pre-Spawn - 02/06/20 02:52 AM

bladed jig
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Pre-Spawn - 02/06/20 02:55 AM

bladed jig, rattletrap, crig.
Posted By: Skeeter2020

Re: Pre-Spawn - 02/06/20 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S
bladed jig

Do you typically have a craw as a trailer or swimbait?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Pre-Spawn - 02/06/20 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by East2321
bladed jig

For me it's either a lake fork magic shad or a yamamoto zako if I can't find the magics. Green pumpkin trailer on a green pumpkin skirt black blade or a white trailer on a white skirt either nickel or gold blade. Really all you need

Also get you some gel super glue. Add a very small amount to the hook where it goes into the head of the chatterbait. I like to take off the first 1/4 inch of the magic shads to make a clean straight connection to the head. Once glued in place, I've had them last several trips unless a fish only grabs the trailer
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Pre-Spawn - 02/06/20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Originally Posted by East2321
bladed jig

For me it's either a lake fork magic shad or a yamamoto zako if I can't find the magics. Green pumpkin trailer on a green pumpkin skirt black blade or a white trailer on a white skirt either nickel or gold blade. Really all you need

Also get you some gel super glue. Add a very small amount to the hook where it goes into the head of the chatterbait. I like to take off the first 1/4 inch of the magic shads to make a clean straight connection to the head. Once glued in place, I've had them last several trips unless a fish only grabs the trailer

Agreed, although the Zako tears up a bit faster. Yamamoto plastic is soft, but works great
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum