Texas Fishing Forum

Mega bass vision 110 hooks

Posted By: slim 285

Mega bass vision 110 hooks - 02/06/20 02:02 AM

What is up with the barbs outside of the hook ??
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 02:08 AM

I don’t know, but they work!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 02:17 AM

It's called an Outbarb hook. According to the designer it is harder for the fish to throw than a normal hook.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 03:14 AM

They look like a mistake to me ..
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 03:16 AM

I think you mean Vision 110.....they are called Katsuage hooks and are designed like that purposely. They have proven themselves in the 20 years the 110 has been out. cheers

https://megabassusa.com/__trashed-21/
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 04:44 PM

Also the perfect weight to get the bait to suspend. It’s designed to be a almost finesse bait. Light line with a softer rod, put too stout of hooks on it might as well fish a kvd.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 06:48 PM

They bend out quite easy unfortunately, you can swap them with the Gamakatsu G finesse treble. #6

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by MagFluker
They bend out quite easy unfortunately, you can swap them with the Gamakatsu G finesse treble. #6

Adjust your drag a bit as well.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I don’t understand how most of you Bass guys bend out hooks-It’s all in how you set your drag. I use the KVD and owner trebles(Sizes-2-4-6) on my crankbaits for reds and snook and haven’t had issues with bending. I could see ripping out a 8 lber from a lay down but sheesh, set your drag correctly and don’t blame your hooks lol
Posted By: L a r r y

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 07:40 PM

I found this out the hard way, on welsh. They are designed to be fished on a pretty soft rod and light line. I was throwing it on a M MOD rod, with 12lb test. I hooked into a good one, and got it to the boat and it shook me off. After taking a look at the hook, I figured out that the equipment was too much for this bait, and I changed out the hooks, and I've not had a problem since with my current setup and I still have that traditional MEGABASS action from the Vision 110.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 07:54 PM

I don't change the hooks and I have a boatload of the 110's. I would like to change the price, though.

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bayou Burner

I don’t understand how most of you Bass guys bend out hooks-It’s all in how you set your drag. I use the KVD and owner trebles(Sizes-2-4-6) on my crankbaits for reds and snook and haven’t had issues with bending. I could see ripping out a 8 lber from a lay down but sheesh, set your drag correctly and don’t blame your hooks lol

I've never bent the hooks on a 110. Throw them a lot. No issues using them on Fork . Not even the smallmouth on Bridgeport have bent them.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 08:09 PM

I don't know exactly when I bent them, but I have bent them before. It may be the spots I'm catching, they can surge at the boat. I fish 12# flouro. My rod might be a little heavy for the technique but I like my set up, the hooks on my lucky craft pointers don't bend out, it is what is is
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bayou Burner

I've never bent the hooks on a 110. Throw them a lot. No issues using them on Fork . Not even the smallmouth on Bridgeport have bent them.

That's impressive on Fork Mark! I've bent them a couple of times, it was always because I was having to lean on the fish to keep them away from cover, primarily working one down the side of a pier/boathouse and a good one would get it and head back under the dock.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Mega bass vision 100 hooks - 02/06/20 08:40 PM

In all my years of using the MB 110 jerkbaits I have yet to have any hooks pull out or bend. They flat out stick to anything they touch. I use a custom rod, Shimano reel, and 8 lb test and never had an issue.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum