Texas Fishing Forum

livescope video BASS

Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

livescope video BASS - 02/05/20 10:37 PM

I finally put in the effort to link my garmin to my phone using the active captain app.

Enjoy..

The video starts, you see BASS, I turn tm to line it up w my retrieve. my bait appears on the 8 foot depth line. It gets ate.

https://youtu.be/_omjrjc46Qs
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/05/20 10:57 PM

Very cool
Posted By: andy52887

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/05/20 10:58 PM

That is awesome. Just think how many bass follow our baits on the days we zero. I primarily fish 6ft or shallower is there any use in a live scope in that range?

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/05/20 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by andy52887
That is awesome. Just think how many bass follow our baits on the days we zero. I primarily fish 6ft or shallower is there any use in a live scope in that range?

I dont have to guess, watched a zillion followers today, even some high speed to it and reject it. I also watched the one I caught eat the jerk bait... watched many follow the jerk bait to the boat.

its interesting and seeing your retrieve and what baits actually do is pretty neat...

Depends what your fishing, if you are 6 feet and looking at stumps or sticks you can see the bass and watch them turn to look at your bait etc... Ill make some of those videos eventually.
Posted By: speedcrawler

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/05/20 11:35 PM

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing more.
Posted By: mskeeter

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 01:10 AM

Jeff,
Very cool video. But I have a question. I think I read where you also have a Humminbird 360. If yes, which do you prefer for bass fishing? Why?

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by mskeeter
Jeff,
Very cool video. But I have a question. I think I read where you also have a Humminbird 360. If yes, which do you prefer for bass fishing? Why?

Yes I have both. 360 is great to locate structure and know where to cast. I use both.

369 isn’t any good if your surrounded by timber. But it’s good to locate grass lines. Follow ditches. Locate a piece of structure etc.
Posted By: JarrodMc

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Originally Posted by mskeeter
Jeff,

Yes I have both. 360 is great to locate structure and know where to cast. I use both.

369 isn’t any good if your surrounded by timber. But it’s good to locate grass lines. Follow ditches. Locate a piece of structure etc.
Posted By: JarrodMc

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 01:38 AM

Why is 360 lacking in timber?
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 01:49 AM

hooked

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by JarrodMc
Why is 360 lacking in timber?

Same as you can’t see thru a bunch of grass or lily padsw side imaging. 360 is just side image in a 360
Posted By: the skipper

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 12:36 PM

Dang that's sweet. I would get caught up in just watching what the fish are doing and how they react. We can really learn how they react with something like this
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 12:40 PM

It is impressive to see, not sure if I’d like it or not.

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 02:03 PM

It will dispel all the “easily spooked” fish for ya.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 02:30 PM

Since you're running both, can you see the same fish on 360?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 02:45 PM

This is true, I've been hung up and blown out the whole tree with my trolling motor. Backed off and the fish were still in the same spots.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 03:28 PM

Does anyone have any input on which Garmin unit to get just to run the livescope on? I would like to get one to stack above my humminbird unit on the front deck. I know absolutely nothing about garmin electronics. Literally all I want it for is the livescope.

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

Of course not. Side imaging isn’t as good as live.

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Does anyone have any input on which Garmin unit to get just to run the livescope on? I would like to get one to stack above my humminbird unit on the front deck. I know absolutely nothing about garmin electronics. Literally all I want it for is the livescope.

1022 of you want a 10”. If your bass fishing I’d get a 1222. We’re standing up 5’ from it etc.

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 04:32 PM

Russell Marine said a lot of guys are buying the SV93 just to use with livescope.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 04:41 PM

Nice video! fish

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Russell Marine said a lot of guys are buying the SV93 just to use with livescope.

That’s low quality and 9” screen. And I believe discontinued. You get what you pay for when it comes to picture quality. It’s cheap if that’s all that matters to ya. Crappie guys are using that and it’s so small they are putting it on 2’ poles to see it while seated in front of it.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 05:00 PM

Ya that's obvious but I find a ton of fish with side imaging mega. My question was can you see them on 360? I'm sure mega 360 will be better

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

That’s low quality and 9” screen. And I believe discontinued. You get what you pay for when it comes to picture quality. It’s cheap if that’s all that matters to ya. Crappie guys are using that and it’s so small they are putting it on 2’ poles to see it while seated in front of it.

They have a new version out. I agree about buying a better graph if you have the budget, but it’s a lot of $$$ for a lot of us.

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 05:41 PM

Ya that's obvious but I find a ton of fish with side imaging mega. My question was can you see them on 360? I'm sure mega 360 will be better

It’s side imaging so sure you can see the same fish you see on side image. Like open water schools. It’s only 455....

I dont Use it to look for fish Often. To do that I have To adj the range down to 20-30’.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 05:46 PM

That's pretty cool. I'll have to save some room in the budget for a livescope set up when I finally get another boat
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 06:04 PM

Lvs32 and the 93 uHD. Works good for standing up

[Linked Image]
Posted By: krthomas2

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 06:06 PM

Awesome video, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 06:21 PM

I gotta have it!
What Garmin head unit are you using?
Posted By: stratoliner92

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 06:56 PM

Jeff look forward to more videos, I subscribed to your YouTube. Been trying to convince myself I "need" one grin
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 07:34 PM

I got the 1222 chart plotter only, have not been on the water with it but for a few minutes, still have a lot to learn.

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by stratoliner92
Jeff look forward to more videos, I subscribed to your YouTube. Been trying to convince myself I "need" one grin

Don’t get too excited. I’m not a video guy. I had To put it on there because it would not let me load it directly here.
Posted By: Dean Coleman

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 10:14 PM

What are you fishing there cover wise...grass, brush?

Re: livescope video BASS - 02/06/20 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Coleman
What are you fishing there cover wise...grass, brush?

Over trees
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum