Texas Fishing Forum

BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members

Posted By: Big O Florida

BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 04:43 PM

He welcomes competition - but states they are #1 and will always remain #1 - 3 other pro tours won’t survive.

Posted By: Chris_K

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 04:48 PM

You definitely know how to run a subject into the ground. banana
Posted By: CashFishingTeam

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 04:49 PM

He starts talking about 28 into it. Make it a little easier on us Big o now that u got us reading n clicking stuff every day. Lol
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 04:52 PM

troll
pollo
flame
hammer
de

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 04:54 PM

And to be fair I see everyone asking him to back his claims up and sight sources etc... BASS CEO not too bad of one.
I like that he specifically said BASS policy to take the high road. Many Little Fish not so much...

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
He starts talking about 28 into it. Make it a little easier on us Big o now that u got us reading n clicking stuff every day. Lol

Don’t want to watch? Skip to the last 5 minutes or so where Jeffries summarizes it succinctly - he praised him for coming out and saying what he did in the way he did. No beating around the bush.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 04:55 PM

Saying the classic expo sold out doesn't tell you much. Did they sell 100/100 available tickets or 5,000/5,000 tickets? We're they sold to individual people, third party companies, businesses?

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Saying the classic expo sold out doesn't tell you much. Did they sell 100/100 available tickets or 5,000/5,000 tickets? We're they sold to individual people, third party companies, businesses?

They sold out of space for the vendors that come and showcase their products. They are scrambling to try and find more - I can’t recall how many sq feet he said, but it’s a huge amount.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 04:59 PM

Ah, okay. They sold out vendor space.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 05:11 PM

Have they had trouble selling out vendor space in previous years?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 05:16 PM

When haven't they sold out? There's always someone willing to pay to promote a product. I don't think this years expo is any different than years past. Plus it's on a good lake in a great bass fishing region at the right time of year
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS

No, I think the point this year was it filled faster
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 05:25 PM

whip
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 05:43 PM

I hope the competition stays around forcing them to keep it fresh. Keeps interest up in today’s what have you done for me lately world.
Posted By: jbassman

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 06:07 PM

I don't care, the son and I will be there Fri morning.to walk the EXPO.
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 06:25 PM

Expo is always good, better than weigh in.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by machoblanco61

There you go with your opinion again .
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by jbassman
I don't care, the son and I will be there Fri morning.to walk the EXPO.

Stop by and say hello.
Posted By: buda13

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 06:41 PM

I agree the Expo is awesome! Weigh ins overall are boring as heck to attend in person IMO with the exception of one... the final day at the Classic. Pretty cool to see the champ crowned.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 07:33 PM

The people commenting about Big O beating a subject to death are the same people who are taking the time to actually click on the discussion. If you see he has posted something, and don't like his opinion, move on. Some of yall are like the 18 year old girl who complains about her BF but keep going back to him.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by buda13

I agree the Expo is awesome! Weigh ins overall are boring as heck to attend in person IMO with the exception of one... the final day at the Classic. Pretty cool to see the champ crowned.

But if you read what Boyd D said last year, the 2020 Redcrest was going to be even more awesome. How did that work out for them?... lol

There not being a Redcrest is kind of representative of their whole clown show. There’s no there, there! Of course, it can’t be left without mention there is speculation that, in a knee jerk reaction of excuse making, MLF has unofficially claimed that the Redcrest will return in spring of 2021 to coincide with when the classic traditionally is held. One has to wonder which clown in the show devised that plan of action and if they think the sponsors are going to support that type of event cramming down their throats. Me seems to think MLF loses in that power play too. Whoa is them and their water boys.

At this juncture, it certainly begs the question, at what point will the anglers that acted like lemmings going to wake up and ask themselves if they were lemmings? Let’s go fishing boys, put a happy face on for those cameras and the sponsors!

Ugh!

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article...ers-working-20-classic-expo#.XjnA9y9Omf1
Posted By: 9094

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS

No they have never had a problem selling 100% of the space. I worked for a couple of companies back in the early 90s and had trouble getting a space.

That said I never have thought that BASS would or will have a problem with consumer attendance. The only thing that will hurt that part is if the economy crashes and people stop spending money on travel.
Posted By: SmalljawNH

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 08:24 PM

We're definitely getting conditioned. This reminds me of professional wrestling and I'm trying to figure out if it's a work or a shoot. I think the Big O character is growing on me.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/04/20 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
When haven't they sold out? There's always someone willing to pay to promote a product. I don't think this years expo is any different than years past. Plus it's on a good lake in a great bass fishing region at the right time of year

thumb

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by slim 285

There you go with your opinion again .

Exactly, that’s my opinion and others too. I’ve been to 6 classics. The last 3, I never even went to weigh ins. The expos are the best part and I assure you are better attended
Posted By: Drodge

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 12:51 AM

Shut up loser!!!!

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Big O Florida

But if you read what Boyd D said last year, the 2020 Redcrest was going to be even more awesome. How did that work out for them?... lol

There not being a Redcrest is kind of representative of their whole clown show. There’s no there, there! Of course, it can’t be left without mention there is speculation that, in a knee jerk reaction of excuse making, MLF has unofficially claimed that the Redcrest will return in spring of 2021 to coincide with when the classic traditionally is held. One has to wonder which clown in the show devised that plan of action and if they think the sponsors are going to support that type of event cramming down their throats. Me seems to think MLF loses in that power play too. Whoa is them and their water boys.

At this juncture, it certainly begs the question, at what point will the anglers that acted like lemmings going to wake up and ask themselves if they were lemmings? Let’s go fishing boys, put a happy face on for those cameras and the sponsors!

Ugh!

As a fan of the Classic Expo, I hope there is a Redcrest expo that rivals it. Why wouldn’t any avid angler? Boat shows have begun to dwindle. So, I hope MLF has a successful show for the fans.
The more the better.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 12:54 AM

I had a good time at the weigh in, expo was kind of cheesy to me; but I don’t get giddy over professional anglers like some appear too do.

Edit: the year I went, there weren’t many boats at the expo. Might be more now and more exciting, I wanted to go this year, but am tied up building a house.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 01:18 AM

Ugh!

As a fan of the Classic Expo, I hope there is a Redcrest expo that rivals it. Why wouldn’t any avid angler? Boat shows have begun to dwindle. So, I hope MLF has a successful show for the fans.
The more the better.

On the surface that sounds nice, but when one gets into the weeds of it there is one organization that is hell bent on trying to undo the other. MLF has big plans for the Redcrest... read the linked article, but the reality of it is it’s apparent the desire to make things better for the anglers and the sponsors, is not there, but to act out some agenda derived from a vendetta. All things considered, I think that’s indisputable.

But something has got in the way of those plans, at least for 2020 which the article was focused on. Are there financial troubles that are dictating the decision to not have the 2020 Redcrest as that article speaks about? One could easily draw that conclusion considering recent events and things that have been spoken about. And then you have them also cancelling the FW Cup and taking off with the purse, and by doing the same with Redcrest, maybe it was a way to keep the corporation from leaking even more red ink,... who knows, but the anglers are the ones getting burned. One thing is for sure though, if the Redcrest is revived in some future year, it will never replace or supersede BASS which has over a half million members or the Bassmaster Classic, which has 50 years of success under its belt. MLF couldn’t keep the Redcrest going for 2 consecutive years and it’s arguable it was even recognized by fans as being a iconic event, let alone something that can “rival” BASS and the shows they put on.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 01:27 AM

Big o, they jave not cancelled the redcrest. They didn't run off with the cup purse or the redcrest purse. Your lack to be able to grasp even the most simple concept is just fascinating to me. Just simply amazing

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 01:59 AM

Big O your butt hurt over something. It’s apparent you have a vested emotional wound that’s festered at the mention MLF. It’s got to be a put on, cause even those on this site who tend to side with you are growing weary of your asinine summations, especially the Redcrest being stolen from the anglers.
Regardless, there’s a big engine over at MLFLW. Worst case, the FLW portion remains and is a larger competitor than ever to BASS. I don’t think that will be the case but to run down your delusional rabbit hole and assume MLF folds. I don’t see that happening.
I see it as positive that MLF/BPT evolved to compete on a level to rival BASS as never before. Love or hate the format, they field the best group of fishermen of either league, as it stands today. To say otherwise is emotional. The only fact to support any argument are in their respective lists of titles over their careers.
BASS and BPT are both evolving and creating their brands for tomorrow. Yes, BASS is changing things up and so is the BPT. That’s good!

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:25 AM

Big O your butt hurt over something. It’s apparent you have a vested emotional wound that’s festered at the mention MLF. It’s got to be a put on, cause even those on this site who tend to side with you are growing weary of your asinine summations, especially the Redcrest being stolen from the anglers.
Regardless, there’s a big engine over at MLFLW. Worst case, the FLW portion remains and is a larger competitor than ever to BASS. I don’t think that will be the case but to run down your delusional rabbit hole and assume MLF folds. I don’t see that happening.
I see it as positive that MLF/BPT evolved to compete on a level to rival BASS as never before. Love or hate the format, they field the best group of fishermen of either league, as it stands today. To say otherwise is emotional. The only fact to support any argument are in their respective lists of titles over their careers.
BASS and BPT are both evolving and creating their brands for tomorrow. Yes, BASS is changing things up and so is the BPT. That’s good!

Where were those titles and careers obtained again? Remind everyone!

They were the best when they were with BASS - bit many of those who have those lofty titles and careers didn’t do so well once joining the BPT; and the platform they used to rise to prominence is now gone and they are quickly being forgotten about. None of them will be remembered like some of the other iconic names because of their choices. If anything, what happened was good for BASS it culled the ones who’ve been living in the live well sucking up all the oxygen for the longest. New blood is in BASS and they are thriving and putting up numbers that rival what those who left had.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:27 AM

They were the best when they were with BASS - bit many of those who have those lofty titles and careers didn’t do so well once joining the BPT; and the platform they used to rise to prominence is now gone and they are quickly being forgotten about. None of them will be remembered like some of the other iconic names because of their choices. If anything, what happened was good for BASS it culled the ones who’ve been living in the live well sucking up all the oxygen for the longest. New blood is in BASS and they are thriving and putting up numbers that rival what those who left had.

Oh brother...,

loco

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:39 AM

Oh brother...,

loco

Yep
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 03:07 AM

Big O, are you retired? I am trying to figure out how some have all this time? I am in the wrong line of work.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 03:09 AM

Oh brother...,

loco

Yep, you tell him. When people talk about Kevin VanDam being one of the greatest ever, it definitely was NOT because of fishing BASSMASTER, he’s dominated that BPT.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Oh brother...,

loco

Yep, you tell him. When people talk about Kevin VanDam being one of the greatest ever, it definitely was NOT because of fishing BASSMASTER, he’s dominated that BPT.

What the hell is your point?

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 03:12 AM

Oh brother...,

loco

I don't understand that thinking. Everyone knows he dominated BASS in his time there. He had 1 year in BPT and sucked. What's your point

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 03:27 AM

Oh brother...,

loco

What the hell is your point?

Macho must be out!

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

I don't understand that thinking. Everyone knows he dominated BASS in his time there. He had 1 year in BPT and sucked. What's your point

The point is those who made bad choices won’t ever be remembered in the same way as the other iconic names that made their home at BASS. Despite the KVD record, he won’t be looked upon like Roland Martin, Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, Etc... he will be remembered as one of the greedy ones who, despite his record with BASS, made a choice to go and fish for yearling dinks and try to call it a fishing tour for only the best anglers in the world. They might have been better served to have just trained all those guys how to act in front of a green board so they can super impose what ever they dreamed up and put on a TV reality show. Call it the WWE of fishing - there are a lot of gullible people out there that still to this day think that’s real wrestling and they’ve made millions off of them. Who’s to say they can’t make fake pro fishing look real?
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 03:48 AM

And to be fair I see everyone asking him to back his claims up and sight sources etc... BASS CEO not too bad of one.
I like that he specifically said BASS policy to take the high road. Many Little Fish not so much...

+1

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 04:21 AM

Dear Grout -

Macho is over it and ......out!

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 04:30 AM

Dear Grout -

cheers
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 04:48 AM

Dear Grout -

cheers

He gone! bolt

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 06:14 AM

Yep, Sunday at the end is awesome but the weigh ins are tough and hard to make it through.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Yep, Sunday at the end is awesome but the weigh ins are tough and hard to make it through.

And that is what we expect you paid MLF cronies to say ..

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 01:52 PM

Lol, you guys are so sensitive. I don’t mind a weigh in but I’ve been to the Classic since 09 and a three + hour weigh in is like being at a graduation ceremony and your kids last name is Slim...

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:15 PM

The weigh in is boring because they draw it out too much. I typically put it on when it starts and do some things and come back 30 minutes later and they've gone through 1 or 2 anglers.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:17 PM

Big O is the Adam Schiff of TFF
Posted By: Walls

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:18 PM

The point is those who made bad choices won’t ever be remembered in the same way as the other iconic names that made their home at BASS. Despite the KVD record, he won’t be looked upon like Roland Martin, Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, Etc... he will be remembered as one of the greedy ones who, despite his record with BASS, made a choice to go and fish for yearling dinks and try to call it a fishing tour for only the best anglers in the world. They might have been better served to have just trained all those guys how to act in front of a green board so they can super impose what ever they dreamed up and put on a TV reality show. Call it the WWE of fishing - there are a lot of gullible people out there that still to this day think that’s real wrestling and they’ve made millions off of them. Who’s to say they can’t make fake pro fishing look real?

You make it so hard to just sit and be quiet. I realize that forums such as this are dominated by opinions as opposed to facts, but you seem to really confuse the two with just about every post of yours. Because, you see, the above bold comment of yours is your own personal opinion- that in my opinion is shared by about 3 dozen people in this entire world. Factually people really don't care, let alone even know who any of those other guys are. I do know who they are, and in my opinion, Roland is the only one who could even carry KVD's jockstrap. But that's just my opinion and I'm aware very few people care, or agree- and I am 100% okay with that.
cheers
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:21 PM

[quote=machoblanco61]Expo is always good, better than weigh in.

Lol, you guys are so sensitive. I don’t mind a weigh in but I’ve been to the Classic since 09 and a three + hour weigh in is like being at a graduation ceremony and your kids last name is Slim...

Day 2 is kind of a whooping. You know which guys made the cut and who didn’t. “Man, I ran that (motor brand) powered (boat brand) all day long and just couldn’t get anything going. I would like to thank (list all sponsors).” 35 times

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:29 PM

Who’s Adam Schiff??
Posted By: SAKS

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by WALLS

You make it so hard to just sit and be quiet. I realize that forums such as this are dominated by opinions as opposed to facts, but you seem to really confuse the two with just about every post of yours. Because, you see, the above bold comment of yours is your own personal opinion- that in my opinion is shared by about 3 dozen people in this entire world. Factually people really don't care, let alone even know who any of those other guys are. I do know who they are, and in my opinion, Roland is the only one who could even carry KVD's jockstrap. But that's just my opinion and I'm aware very few people care, or agree- and I am 100% okay with that.
cheers

Don't get sucked in WALLS. It just not worth it.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

Day 2 is kind of a whooping. You know which guys made the cut and who didn’t. “Man, I ran that (motor brand) powered (boat brand) all day long and just couldn’t get anything going. I would like to thank (list all sponsors).” 35 times

Ok. I agree, the plugs get real old when they ramble on & on.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 04:54 PM

Who’s Adam Schiff??

I really hope you are joking.

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 05:21 PM

Never heard that name a single time in my life. Serious as a heart attack.
Posted By: speedcrawler

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by 9094

I've just started getting back to TFF but I hope Big O isn't that bad..or that fake.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by 9094

Now that is funny!!!

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 06:49 PM

I wish I was on the inside joke of Adam Schiff! What can they guy do or say about bass fishing that made people hate him that much!? And yes I’m serious I never heard name. Look at it this way last time I was of TFF a big topic was Robby Rose!! I’d love to know how many 16-26 year olds or new tournament fisherman have NO CLUE about him!!😂😂😂
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: BASS CEO - Classic expo sold out - over 500k members - 02/05/20 07:20 PM

Big O’s threads are a microcosm of America right now. If you don’t like what he has to say, ignore him. Or try to disagree civilly.
But trying to silence folks and make them go away simply because you don’t agree with their takes is the types of things that are ruining this country. I dread a world of lemmings.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum