Texas Fishing Forum

Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie

Posted By: tmd11111

Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/01/20 11:05 PM

And still took 3rd place
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/01/20 11:12 PM

We need more info like did you almost freeze to death or catch a 20lb limit?
Posted By: RangerRong

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/01/20 11:29 PM

yah, need pictures
Posted By: FishFishin

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/01/20 11:39 PM

Much more Info please: "A story must contain more than 5 words"
How did you Fall out? Hit Stickup?
Did the boat float away?
Can you Swim?
Life Jacket?
Did you have a fish on when you fell out?
What Bait were you using?
Did your partner Laugh at you or help?
Did you lose your keys in the water?
Were you scared of snakes? Alligators?

Inquiring minds want to know fish
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 12:12 AM

yes please more info. I need some entertainment...I can't be the only one to fall out of boat twice...
You trying to sleep with the fishes.

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 12:20 AM

Much more Info please: "A story must contain more than 5 words"
How did you Fall out? Hit Stickup? Was net man for my partner. Fish dove as I went to net it. I reached too far and went over but still netted the fish.
Did the boat float away? No, 51 degree water will make you pop up in a hurry and grab the side.
Can you Swim? Like a brick
Life Jacket? Not when I fell in, took it off to fish cause I had a shirt, hoodie and heavy jacket on.
Did you have a fish on when you fell out? See first answer, partner did
What Bait were you using? Yum Dinger
Did your partner Laugh at you or help? I laughed uncontrollably, he panicked
Did you lose your keys in the water? Everything was in the glove box but my wallet. Beanie came off but glasses stayed on
Were you scared of snakes? Alligators? 51 degree water so they were keeping warm somewhere else.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 12:24 AM

After weigh in, did you eat something and sober up, or did the impromptu mid winter dip do the trick?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 12:30 AM

has this been filed in the ot yet?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 12:30 AM

Did you have a dry change of clothes in the boat or have to rob your partner and put on the rain suit??

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by deucer02
After weigh in, did you eat something and sober up, or did the impromptu mid winter dip do the trick?

After my partner pulled me back in the boat I stripped down to my chonies and put his bibs and jacket on. 5 minutes later I was pitching back into the brush and caught another keeper. Took about 20 minutes for adrenaline to wear off then I realized I was freezing my butt off. Thankfully it was about 10 am and the was up and the wind was calm. At take off it was 33 and a bit breezy. Couple of beers after weigh in calmed me down.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 01:39 AM

Whew glad you were Ok!! And y'all caught some good fish!! I haven't fell into the water but I know it will happen one day...

Water is def Cold so glad you had a partner and were able to get back in quickly. I fish alone a lot and prob take it for granted I could get back in the boat with all the winter gear on.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 01:41 AM

Here is my question:

Why is it every time you fall out of the boat it is COLD?? In over 40 years of bass fishing I have fallen out of the boat 3 times. All three times it was COLD and windy!!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Here is my question:

Why is it every time you fall out of the boat it is COLD?? In over 40 years of bass fishing I have fallen out of the boat 3 times. All three times it was COLD and windy!!

Mine is always during the rain. [censored] gets slippery. Lol

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 01:52 AM

Here is my question:

Got me beat, this was only my second time. First was about 20 years ago in Kansas about a week after the ice melted off.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 01:57 AM

Did they get a weight on that smallmouth? That was a beautiful fish.

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by sprigsss
Did they get a weight on that smallmouth? That was a beautiful fish.

I just messaged him on FB to see if they weighed it separately
Posted By: machinist

Re: Fell out of the boat totday fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 02:08 AM

My fishing partner fell in at Hubbard Creek back in the 70's. It was spring but we had a cold front so temp was in the 40's. I had a new Skeeter and he reached out to push on a limb to keep us from hitting a tree. Limb broke and he went in head first. He was in and out so quick the contents of his billfold didn't get wet. He still had his rod in his hand and he got back in by himself. I laughed my a$$ off but the funniest thing was a guy in a tube that we hadn't even seen turned it over and nearly drowned laughing. We had to get him out of the water because his waders filled up.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Fell out of the boat totday fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
Did you have a dry change of clothes in the boat or have to rob your partner and put on the rain suit??

Did this last year on Squaw, was on 10 power on Ultrex and dead centered on a stump and went head first, fished in the thin $12 poncho and rain pants + wet underwear for the next six hours in 40 degree overcast weather. I now have sweat pants and a shirt stowed, will prolly happen again before I hang up my rods
Posted By: Wolfpack1

Re: Fell out of the boat totday fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 02:33 PM

What weight won the tournament? Were there lots of fish caught?
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Fell out of the boat totday fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 02:38 PM

Did you load your boat and weigh in Commando? roflmao
Posted By: Big hoss

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 03:33 PM

So how many Lbs did you have to get 3rd and what won it ?
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 04:06 PM

Here is my question:

Twice for me, both times on Amistad .. once in Dec. the other in Jan.
When I first started fishing down there during the week in the winter you might not see another boat except for the netters on the Mexico side. For that reason I always carried a waterproof bag with-- insulated coveralls, pair of socks, beanie cap, gloves, can of sterno, matches, and a couple of MRE's . I've used the clothes on two occasions and loaned it out one other time to a lady who fell in.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 04:37 PM

Fishing at night at Monticello during the middle of the winter in a snowmobile suit bumping stumps all night long for many years. Have no idea how I avoided a midnight winter swim multiple times.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 06:20 PM

Glad you made it out OK. Super congratulations on your 3rd place finish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 07:15 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jessa

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 08:40 PM

laugh thumb

Re: Fell out of the boat today fishing Ivie - 02/02/20 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by sprigsss
[Linked Image]

Partner and I weighed in before most so no pic. Would have never guessed we would have taken 3rd with 2 unders. They were fatties though. Was a tough day, we only boated 5 in all.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum