Texas Fishing Forum

Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon

Posted By: Mean Mouth Lures

Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 02/01/20 07:18 PM

Has anyone stayed at Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon? We are coming down in a couple weeks and was thinking about staying there. I was wondering if it is clean and safe. Any other recommendations for lodging that is boat friendly around Three Rivers or George West would be appreciated. We are going to stay at Choke for a day and then on to Falcon.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 02/01/20 08:33 PM

Better call and see if they even have any openings, they are working on the refinery and the town is insane with people/workers.

Choke Canyon lodge is prob safer due to being gated.
Posted By: R.Baker

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 02/09/20 05:37 PM

Choke Canyon Lodge - clean, cheap, boat friendly.
Posted By: Kickin Bass Cabins

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 01/27/21 06:02 PM

Hi this is Kickin' Bass Cabins,
Anyone who has actually stays here knows how safe we are.
You get boat parking right next to your cabin and we are in a culdesac type location.
If you would like to see us at http://www.kickinbasscabins.com or call me to speak personally about safety issues for your boat
I would be happy to answer any questions.
As you can see from our reviews on google, we are top of the line.
Hope that clears any confusion up.
Posted By: Kickin Bass Cabins

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 01/27/21 06:02 PM

Very safe, boat stays right next to your cabin and we own the RV park behind it.
If you have any questions I can be reached at 361-759-0330 for reservations.
We also have a website and you can read through google to view what others have said about us.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 01/27/21 06:14 PM

Better book soon, it's packed with guides right now and most are booked a month out
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 01/28/21 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by R.Baker
Choke Canyon Lodge - clean, cheap, boat friendly.

Totally Agree! thumb
Posted By: doctorb

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 01/28/21 01:43 PM

Looks like I'm gonna have to clear my schedule for a few days in February and get down there. I haven't fished Choke in several years.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 01/28/21 02:08 PM

We just fished down there a couple days with Dannie Golden and stayed here. The place was GREAT. Rooms are what you expect with decent beds and showers and they even have a little kitchenette in them. We didn't tow a boat since we were fishing with Dannie but you do literally park it right beside your room. The place was packed when we were there with tons of duck hunters as well as some guys fishing. Really nice place and the food truck that served dinner Friday and Saturday night was very good.
Posted By: Number 1

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 01/30/21 01:44 AM

We have a group of 10 guys that spend a week at a differ lake each year. Choke Canyon is on our list for 2022. Are there any homes on or around the lake that accommodates 10 men ?? Meaning at least 10 beds .
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Kickin' Bass Cabins on Choke Canyon - 01/30/21 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Number 1
We have a group of 10 guys that spend a week at a differ lake each year. Choke Canyon is on our list for 2022. Are there any homes on or around the lake that accommodates 10 men ?? Meaning at least 10 beds .

You might want to wait on booking here for 2022, we might not have enough water to launch a boat if it doesn’t rain.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum