Texas Fishing Forum

EGO landing net question ......

Posted By: Hair Jig

EGO landing net question ...... - 02/01/20 12:42 AM

Are any of you folks using this net? Opinions / thoughts?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: EGO landing net question ...... - 02/01/20 12:52 AM

I used that net for 3 or 4 years (still have it, just don't use it anymore).

Positives: The net material itself is good--didn't hang hooks in it much. It was also fine to use when I had a partner in the boat.

Negatives: It's not a net for fishing by yourself. It's heavy and cumbersome to use with one hand.

Storing it between trips and when running is not convenient either because it's big and non-collapsible.

Pretty pricey.

I use a Frabill collapsible now. Much easier to store between trips and when running on the water. Lighter and so easier to use when fishing by myself. I do hang trebles in it more frequently though.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: EGO landing net question ...... - 02/01/20 12:59 AM

I use one and love it but it can be a bit heavy to use by yourself if you are a smaller person.

I have a smaller EGO that isn't extendable that I use in my flatbottom and kayak that is much lighter. cheers
Posted By: Hair Jig

Re: EGO landing net question ...... - 02/01/20 12:59 AM

Thank you. That's the info I wanted. thumb
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: EGO landing net question ...... - 02/01/20 01:51 AM

Saw this at Academy. Pricey but seems super well built.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: EGO landing net question ...... - 02/01/20 05:20 AM

Really like mine. I even use it by myself. You can actually get replacement parts unlike other companies(Looking at you frabill). The extender handle is sweet, especially for other uses like getting a crank unsnagged from a bush.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: EGO landing net question ...... - 02/01/20 04:39 PM

Pretty sure that's what my fishing partner uses. We both run Rangers and the lip at the end does not sit flat on the floor of the boat where the Ranger net storage is. Otherwise, it is heavy duty, easy to use, and seems solid.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum