Texas Fishing Forum

Am I the only one?

Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Am I the only one? - 01/31/20 10:04 PM

...that no longer pays any attention to tournaments that I'm not fishing?

I could probably tell you who won each RHBC tournament last year, but I couldn't tell you who won the bassmaster classic. I certainly couldn't tell you who is fishing in a particular trail. I haven't watched tournament coverage of any format in years. Its just not that interesting unless I was also fishing it. I guess I'd just rather be fishing...
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Am I the only one? - 01/31/20 10:23 PM

Never did has no bearing on my life lol
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Am I the only one? - 01/31/20 10:47 PM

are you the same way about football,baseball or basketball?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Am I the only one? - 01/31/20 10:56 PM

No, I keep up with most major and local tournaments. Like to see how my friends are doing.

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by beartrap

Yes. I haven't watched a game on tv in the last 20 years. Super Bowl Sunday is one of my favorite days to fish. I've had the lake to myself some years.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 12:05 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 12:09 AM

I've never found fishing to be a spectator sport.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by EastTexasBassin

Yes. I haven't watched a game on tv in the last 20 years. Super Bowl Sunday is one of my favorite days to fish. I've had the lake to myself some years.

I can vouche for this. I’ve witnessed him fishing several sundays in a row. Ha. He’s always taking my parking places.
Posted By: saibling

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 01:54 AM

rather fish, hard to catch em sittin on the couch watchin someone else....

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I can vouche for this. I’ve witnessed him fishing several sundays in a row. Ha. He’s always taking my parking places.

Hahaha, you're welcome to move my truck if you wanna take that front spot. That is your spot. I'll be on Bob Sandlin the next couple weekends though.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Hahaha, you're welcome to move my truck if you wanna take that front spot. That is your spot. I'll be on Bob Sandlin the next couple weekends though.

Eh. I’ll be out of town next two weekends as well. Belton.
Posted By: ezbassin

I am. I just enjoy fishing. I don't care what the pros are doing or who they are sponsored by including football, baseball, basketball or any other sport out there. None of that impacts me. I see people getting worked up about issues with all of them, but I don't care. None of that affects me. I just love fishing and could care less about all the other B/S people are dealing with.
Posted By: SAKS

I don't keep track either. I might check in on weights from time to time but rarely could I tell you what lake any group is fishing.
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 02:38 AM

I follow some tournaments here and there to see how the lake is fishing and I follow Bassmaster Elite Series. I don’t keep up with AOY points but I like see how and who wins in each tournament. I think a guy can learn a good bit by paying attention but he’ll learn a lot more by being on the water.
Posted By: CashFishingTeam

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 03:00 AM

I internet stalk everyone! Like to know who’s the best and who my competition is. Lol
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S
[Linked Image]
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 03:17 AM

I keep track of all big dog tournaments expect MLF .
I know people that fish most clubs and trails around and look to see if anybody I know did good .
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Am I the only one? - 02/01/20 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
I internet stalk everyone! Like to know who’s the best and follow them around . Lol

Nope I like fishing and really like catching
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum