Texas Fishing Forum

Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW

Posted By: slim 285

Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/28/20 11:20 PM

I always figured that was a money making deal for Ranger. Sure seems like it sold them a lot of boats .
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/28/20 11:32 PM

That's an answer you're not going to know unless you're a Ranger or WRMG decision maker. But wait, Big O will be along shortly to prognosticate doom and clear it all up for you. Standby...
Posted By: 361V

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones
That's an answer you're not going to know unless you're a Ranger or WRMG decision maker. But wait, Big O will be along shortly to prognosticate doom and clear it all up for you. Standby...
Beat me to that statement! laugh
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 12:41 AM

I figure it was cause JM bought Ranger and Forest moved on and was no part of the new ownership. My guess.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 01:40 AM

Did JM get all out of FLW?
Posted By: Big O Florida

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by the skipper

Yup, and I have a feeling he may be looking for a way out of BPT and anything MLFLW. With a direct competitor being placed as title sponsor for the feeder system into BPT, along with all the changes and reported widespread displeasure of MLF within the industry... I can see that happening, sooner rather than later. Call it a pissing contest between two people who have more money than they know what to do with, so they will pay a bunch of lawyers to boost their egos.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Big O Florida

Yup, and I have a feeling he may be looking for a way out of BPT and anything MLFLW. With a direct competitor being placed as title sponsor for the feeder system into BPT, along with all the changes and reported widespread displeasure of MLF within the industry... I can see that happening, sooner rather than later. Call it a pissing contest between two people who have more money than they know what to do with, so they will pay a bunch of lawyers to boost their egos.

I see him just flat buying it out and changing everything again
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by mudd

It's no big deal. MLF has always had Nitro, Basscat, and Phoenix as boat sponsors. Having Tackle Warehouse as a FLW sponsor is no big deal. It's just one more big player that realizes the benefit of putting their name with BPT
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by mudd

It's no big deal. MLF has always had Nitro, Basscat, and Phoenix as boat sponsors. Having Tackle Warehouse as a FLW sponsor is no big deal. It's just one more big player that realizes the benefit of putting their name with BPT

Yep, BASS, MLF and FLW all have various sponsors competing in same categories. It's part of the business and they all find a way to play nice in the sandbox and get along.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 03:41 AM

PLEASE MOVE TO MLF/BPT SUB FORUM
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mudbone
PLEASE MOVE TO MLF/BPT SUB FORUM

Why, you still couldn’t resist reading it.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 03:28 PM

Conjecture and hearsay. It's become obvious you don't know WTH you're talking about BigO. Just throwing out [censored] to see what sticks. And NONE of it has stuck.
Posted By: cob

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 03:47 PM

I have a request. PLEASE don’t run Big O off. I’m an old and have a sedate lifestyle. He makes for great comic relief.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Why did Ranger not sponsor FLW - 01/29/20 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by cob
I have a request. PLEASE don’t run Big O off. I’m an old and have a sedate lifestyle. He makes for great comic relief.

He may be on the water right now. I bet he comes back in a few hours.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum