Texas Fishing Forum

Urgent help: 3in1 Active Imaging vs 3D Module/Transducer

Posted By: JC Skeeter

Urgent help: 3in1 Active Imaging vs 3D Module/Transducer - 01/28/20 07:50 PM

My new boat is being rigged right now at the dealership. I had purchased the Lowrance StructureScan 3D Transducer and Module for my previous boat graphs but before I installed it and actually used it, I decided to trade the boat in and order the new one.

On the new one I am getting the Lowrance HDS-16 Live which also comes with Active Imaging 3-in-1 Transducer.

The dealership is asking which one I wish to use and need to tell them today. I will take some time to watch some youtube videos of each and see what the differences are or which has the better clarity and images/pictures. But wanted to ask you guys also for some quick advice on which is best in terms of better clarity and images/pictures?

I will then just sell the one that I do not use. Thanks guys
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: Urgent help: 3in1 Active Imaging vs 3D Module/Transducer - 01/28/20 08:12 PM

I have seen some great images with both on the Live units. I am running the 3D with my Carbon after playing around with many software combinations. The 3D ...imo... gives you better range for finding structure, cover and fish.
Posted By: FalconLakeFishing

Re: Urgent help: 3in1 Active Imaging vs 3D Module/Transducer - 01/28/20 10:02 PM

Look up Russell Marine Products videos on YouTube. Justin has videos on this very subject or you can call him. They are very knowledgeable with graphs, transducers, and trolling motors.
Posted By: JC Skeeter

Re: Urgent help: 3in1 Active Imaging vs 3D Module/Transducer - 01/28/20 10:13 PM

Will do, thank you for the info.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum