Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine water level

Posted By: slim 285

Lake Palestine water level - 01/27/20 11:05 PM

Is it really only 6” low . Some old hands are saying the gauge is off. Do any of you locals know one way or the other?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/27/20 11:08 PM

Google Lake Palestine, got to Tpwd link on the lake fishing page and there will be a link to current levels.

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/27/20 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by 4Weight
Google Lake Palestine, got to Tpwd link on the lake fishing page and there will be a link to current levels.

Thats not what I am asking but thank you anyways . I know where to look for current lake levels. What I am asking is th gauge correct with what the website says is the current water level.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by slim 285

Thats not what I am asking but thank you anyways . I know where to look for current lake levels. What I am asking is th gauge correct with what the website says is the current water level.

According to waterdatafortexas.org, which is the USGS site it is .49 low

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by 9094

According to waterdatafortexas.org, which is the USGS site it is .49 low

What I am asking if a local can tell if the gauge is accurate? I know some of the homeboys will know by looking at a spot on bridge or some other landmark .
Posted By: boocat

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 12:34 AM

https://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/statewide
is your friend

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by boocat

Lol... I give up
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 12:54 AM

Lol... I give up

Lol. I don't blame you for giving up. I swear most people respond with out reading. Sorry i can't help
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 12:56 AM

Lol... I give up

roflmao

It was a valiant effort. Sorry I can't help.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 12:59 AM

Lol... I give up

sorry, have to laugh... pretty clear what you were asking from the first post, just wow......
roflmao
Posted By: 361V

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 12:59 AM

This is what I use. It shows the same as a cross reference: http://www.lakelevels.info/USA/Texas/
Posted By: SS7

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 01:08 AM

I would say 6 " is accurate looking at it from the highway. Have not had the boat on it
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 01:20 AM

Sorry you had to ask about 15 times, yes, “I are one of The Homeboys”...6” is about right
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 01:22 AM

Lol... I give up

Lol

PM lconn, he just fished there yesterday and said it had come up a foot since the last time he fished there, but I don’t know when that was. Might ask him, since he is somewhat local and fishes there occasionally.

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 01:31 AM

You do realize that the USGS site doesn’t us a gauge? They us satellites and elevations. So the “ locals” that eye the bridge are just guessing while the site is correct and updated every few hours everyday.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 01:32 AM

Yes it's accurate.

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 01:47 AM

Thanks to everybody that responded ... Had a laugh or two out of this one !!!!
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 01:50 AM

You do realize that the USGS site doesn’t us a gauge? They us satellites and elevations. So the “ locals” that eye the bridge are just guessing while the site is correct and updated every few hours everyday.

so you're saying don't panic unless the satellite gauges go bad?
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 01:51 AM

Eyeballing from my home In Crowley (3 hours away) I would say it is at the right level..
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 02:51 AM

This “local” has a gauge that was set to USGS standards mounted on a retainer wall so yes, like I said it’s correct

9094—You tell me when the dove get to Albany and I’ll tell you when the lake is full and we can trade a “cast and blast”

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mudbone

This “local” has a gauge that was set to USGS standards mounted on a retainer wall so yes, like I said it’s correct

9094—You tell me when the dove get to Albany and I’ll tell you when the lake is full and we can trade a “cast and blast”

Ha I wish there was a site for that! There was a dove drought this past year. Hopefully we have some dove storms in 2020!
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 02:57 AM

I was out there this last Saturday and yes that is pretty accurate. I would say with a + or - of 1 to 2” it is correct about 6” low.
Posted By: ETXsabre

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 03:02 AM

I’ll answer your question. The official full pool is 345 so according to that number it is 6” low. On a normal year though, the lake spends at least January through June at 345.5 or higher. Last year it was often above 346. Most tournaments occur during those same months so most people are used to the above pool “normal level”. It is still quite difficult to get around at 344.5 and will be until it rises another foot.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 03:34 AM

Texas lake levels show -.50 low as of today

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by ETXsabre
I’ll answer your question. The official full pool is 345 so according to that number it is 6” low. On a normal year though, the lake spends at least January through June at 345.5 or higher. Last year it was often above 346. Most tournaments occur during those same months so most people are used to the above pool “normal level”. It is still quite difficult to get around at 344.5 and will be until it rises another foot.

Good explanation!!!!! Thanks ..
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Lake Palestine water level - 01/28/20 12:05 PM

I fished Palestine Sunday. 6” low is about right. Fish are biting good as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum