Texas Fishing Forum

MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse

Posted By: Big O Florida

MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 09:43 PM

Start watching @26:40 to see an owner/angler of MLF make statement proclaiming there will be no 2020 RedCrest championship tournament for MLF. These guys seemingly have no championship tournament to fish for this year. Where is the purse money for that event going? It’s not like anglers haven’t seen this before, it’s just like with the 2020 Forest Wood Cup... take the money and run!

EDIT - the embedded video ultimately points to something different.

Open in YouTube and search > https://youtu.be/7cMWgkYv4S8 < and advance to 26:40 or slightly before to catch discussion.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 10:01 PM

The link and the embedded video are the same. 26:40 in the link has them talking about big swim baits.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
The link and the embedded video are the same. 26:40 in the link has them talking about big swim baits.

I found if you open YouTube and search that link I posted the video will show in the proper timeline.
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 10:13 PM

Is it time for a MLF sub forum?
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 10:22 PM

The Redcrest for this season's points leaders will be in early 2021. MLF added the $750k Heavy Hitters to the 2020 schedule. There are 8 regular Stages and the Heavy Hitters in May at Kissimmee making a total of 9.
No lack of championship$$ as OP said. No need to panic

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by machoblanco61
The Redcrest will be in early 2021. MLF added the $750k Heavy Hitters to the 2020 schedule. No lack of championship$$ as OP said. No need to panic

The original announcement did not allude to that the Heavy Hitters tournament would be in replace of the RedCrest Championship. Contrarily, it was promoted as being in addition to the normal schedule.

[ December 3, 2019 (Tulsa, Okla.) – Major League Fishing announces an original tournament, “Heavy Hitters,” on the Kissimmee Chain of Lakes in Kissimmee, Florida, May 16-20, 2020 featuring nearly three-quarters of a million dollars in event payouts. This special event, the first of its kind, extends the Bass Pro Tour to nine events. ]

Sounds like MLF is making off with another championship tournament purse to me and someone is pocketing the money that was ultimately destined for the anglers who qualified.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 10:46 PM

Lol, call Scotland Yard... you are simply amazing.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:02 PM

popcorn
Posted By: slim 285

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:08 PM

Redcrest sounds weird . What you might hear for a championship croquet or badminton finals .
Posted By: senko9S

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:15 PM

sounds like a European fox hunt
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:17 PM

If they are moving the championship to early 2021, aren't they just doing what BASS with the Classic? The only thing wrong here is that they are trying to be like BASS and not different as they claim to want to be.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:17 PM

The Redcrest for this season's points leaders will be in early 2021. MLF added the $750k Heavy Hitters to the 2020 schedule. There are 8 regular Stages and the Heavy Hitters in May at Kissimmee making a total of 9.

That's what Ike said. "No championship to qualify for". Maybe your right and the heavy hitters deal will take its place but he plainly says that redcrest is on hold for now. He doesnt say anything about the money so who knows on that deal but kn reality they aren't running away with the anglers money even if that happens. It's not the anglers money to begin with. Now, I dont think that's what's happening but its interesting none the less. Just to me it appears things aren't as good as they seem to be putting out. Maybe they are and we just cant tell
Posted By: beartrap

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:19 PM

there was a guy named Brad on the old BFHP forum that ran a lot of people off ...they just got tired of his continual pot stirring,agitating and just being an a-hole in general.......you by any chance related to him?

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Big O Florida
The Redcrest will be in early 2021. MLF added the $750k Heavy Hitters to the 2020 schedule. No lack of championship$$ as OP said. No need to panic

The original announcement did not allude to that the Heavy Hitters tournament would be in replace of the RedCrest Championship. Contrarily, it was promoted as being in addition to the normal schedule.

[ December 3, 2019 (Tulsa, Okla.) – Major League Fishing announces an original tournament, “Heavy Hitters,” on the Kissimmee Chain of Lakes in Kissimmee, Florida, May 16-20, 2020 featuring nearly three-quarters of a million dollars in event payouts. This special event, the first of its kind, extends the Bass Pro Tour to nine events. ]

Sounds like MLF is making off with another championship tournament purse to me and someone is pocketing the money that was ultimately destined for the anglers who qualified.

Heavy Hitters replaces NOTHING, it's an ADDITIONAL BIG MONEY event. MLF is moving their Bass Pro Tour Championship a.k.a. Redcrest to the 1st Quarter of each following year just like The Classic. Nothing was taken away. It was added visa vie the Heavy Hitters inside the same calendar year. There a lot of $$ for the BPT Pros and no entry fees! Wow!
….and B.A.S.S. and FLW are good too. They, B.A.S.S. & FLW are giving the newbies a place to make a name for themselves so they can grow up to be big names like the pros on The BPT! Isn't that nice! It's Rainbows, Unicorns and Scoretrackers for 2020! Yayyyy!!!
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:28 PM

I prefer BASS and dont care for the MLF style or show (although I do like the cups and the old format)... But i really hope both succeed.. i think its good for the sport.. However, watching Ike Live, i definitely get the feeling that he is not happy at MLF.. i could be completely wrong but that was my impression. How many others feel this way? i dont know..

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by the skipper

That's what Ike said. "No championship to qualify for". Maybe your right and the heavy hitters deal will take its place but he plainly says that redcrest is on hold for now. He doesnt say anything about the money so who knows on that deal but kn reality they aren't running away with the anglers money even if that happens. It's not the anglers money to begin with. Now, I dont think that's what's happening but its interesting none the less. Just to me it appears things aren't as good as they seem to be putting out. Maybe they are and we just cant tell

If it’s not the anglers money, then who’s money is it? After all, it’s the anglers that bring in the advertising and sponsorship revenue. That’s kinda like saying that MLFLW didn’t run off with the purse for the Forrest Wood Cup - all those anglers who qualified for it paid membership fees, entry fees, and attracted sponsors, etc ... in order to qualify... but at end of the season someone ran away with the purse monies for that event... how could it not be the anglers money, they are what brings in the revenue?
Posted By: slim 285

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:30 PM

Heavy Hitters replaces NOTHING, it's an ADDITIONAL BIG MONEY event. MLF is moving their Bass Pro Tour Championship a.k.a. Redcrest to the 1st Quarter of each following year just like The Classic. Nothing was taken away. It was added visa vie the Heavy Hitters inside the same calendar year. There a lot of $$ for the BPT Pros and no entry fees! Wow!
….and B.A.S.S. and FLW are good too. They, B.A.S.S. & FLW are giving the newbies a place to make a name for themselves so they can grow up to be big names like the pros on The BPT! Isn't that nice! It's Rainbows, Unicorns and Scoretrackers for 2020! Yayyyy!!!

machoblanco61 you sure are in the know of a lot of the details ..

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:32 PM

https://storage.westernbass.com/mag_wb/wb_mag_winter_2020/page70/index.html

Randy Howell one of the Pros at Bass Pro Tour is quoted in Western Bass about the Pros voting to move the Redcrest to the following spring each year. That's something that B.A.S.S. doesn't do yet, you know, let the guys who "pay" them to play actually have a say in how things are run and that's a shame, don't you think? But, when the guys who are newbies now in that league and in the BPT qualifying league a.k.a. FLW Pro Circuit get to the Bass Pro Tour, then they will have that privilege. That's a nice thought isn't it? The players actually having a say....That's nice of them isn't it?(the MLF folks that is)
Posted By: JC Skeeter

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:33 PM

You are bordering on psychotic and narcissistic. You may have it out for MLF but I’m starting to worry for the fisherman’s safety. You’re the type to show up and do something crazy at one of their events. I for one wish the mods here would remove you.
Posted By: 9094

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by LeonSulak

How about just a Big O sub forum?

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:35 PM

sounds like a sammich forum
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by LeonSulak

PLEASE JESUS!!!!

Is suggested the same few months ago...it’s getting to be a virus for this forum, which is usually pretty good.
Then those two start up on the MLF BS and it quickly becomes an a$$ whippin

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:38 PM

And who are you to make that pronouncement? You bring nothing with that statement to lend credibility to it. If what you said was so, then MLF would have put out a statement indicating the schedule and timing change, but on the other hand you have one of the owner/anglers making statement that there is no championship to fish for and it relieves some of the pressure on him to produce. When there is a contradiction like that, guess who wins the credibility award? It’s surely not you... By the looks of it, this appears to be another championship purse being highjacked by a less than ethical tournament organizer. This will be the 2nd instance of take the money and run deals... how many more will the angler community tolerate?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:41 PM

If it’s not the anglers money, then who’s money is it? After all, it’s the anglers that bring in the advertising and sponsorship revenue. That’s kinda like saying that MLFLW didn’t run off with the purse for the Forrest Wood Cup - all those anglers who qualified for it paid membership fees, entry fees, and attracted sponsors, etc ... in order to qualify... but at end of the season someone ran away with the purse monies for that event... how could it not be the anglers money, they are what brings in the revenue?

With no entry fees, none of it is the anglers money until the owners give it to them. But I see what your saying. I'm guessing since this is getting stirred up we will see an announcement soon from MLF but I never saw the announcement that FLW wasnt doing mlf format the final day so who knows
Posted By: rbspots

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:49 PM

Randy Howell one of the Pros at Bass Pro Tour is quoted in Western Bass about the Pros voting to move the Redcrest to the following spring each year. That's something that B.A.S.S. doesn't do yet, you know, let the guys who "pay" them to play actually have a say in how things are run and that's a shame, don't you think? But, when the guys who are newbies now in that league and in the BPT qualifying league a.k.a. FLW Pro Circuit get to the Bass Pro Tour, then they will have that privilege. That's a nice thought isn't it? The players actually having a say....That's nice of them isn't it?(the MLF folks that is)

Maybe, but 58 of them voted to go to a 10 fish limit, but got "overruled"

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:54 PM

And who are you to make that pronouncement? You bring nothing with that statement to lend credibility to it. If what you said was so, then MLF would have put out a statement indicating the schedule and timing change, but on the other hand you have one of the owner/anglers making statement that there is no championship to fish for and it relieves some of the pressure on him to produce. When there is a contradiction like that, guess who wins the credibility award? It’s surely not you... By the looks of it, this appears to be another championship purse being highjacked by a less than ethical tournament organizer. This will be the 2nd instance of take the money and run deals... how many more will the angler community tolerate?

Ha what a question who are you and credibility do you bring besides a giant chip on your shoulder for MLF?

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by rbspots

Maybe, but 58 of them voted to go to a 10 fish limit, but got "overruled"

That’s because all those anglers who flocked over there like lemmings being led off a cliff, they were sold a bill of goods. The ones that bought a bigger bag of sh!t were the ones who are considered owner/anglers... they were promised they would be able to have a say in the direction of the league... that all was an illusion. The only one who has any say of significance is the majority owner... look how beloved he is in the other sporting ventures he’s involved with... that’s MLF’s future and there is a very clear track record that substantiates that fate. Call it a prophecy!

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/27/20 11:59 PM

If it’s not the anglers money, then who’s money is it? After all, it’s the anglers that bring in the advertising and sponsorship revenue. That’s kinda like saying that MLFLW didn’t run off with the purse for the Forrest Wood Cup - all those anglers who qualified for it paid membership fees, entry fees, and attracted sponsors, etc ... in order to qualify... [color:#3366FF]but at end of the season someone ran away with the purse monies for that event... how could it not be the anglers money, they are what brings in the revenue?[/color]

Unfortunately, FLW ceased to exist as a stand alone corporation once the intellectual property and naming rights were transferred to Major League Fishing. The prior entity's owner at the time of his death was in debt beyond the ability of his assets to pay. The net loss or lack of net worth is still in "lawyerland", but initial reports from The Star Tribune Minneapolis was approximately - $110MM. It could actually be more.
FLW as a significant holding of the deceased owners assets could have been on the hook to produce cash to the Jacob's estate's creditors, but there was no cash on hand other than operating capital and that was underwater at the time of Jacobs death. In a nutshell, FLW by the end of the 2019 season was approaching collapse. The only thing of value was the brand's identity. It's not like they manufactured anything other than publishing and digital content. FLW's very large tournament organization was the cash cow that had been milked. The only way to save the brand was to orchestrate a buy out without the "strings" of Jacob's estate (liabilities) and sell the intellectual property at an agreed upon price. (thus the hold up in getting the deal to close) MLF was not going to pay too much, nor should they have.
As for the FLW Cup dying, that sinking ship sailed and sunk in the harbor before the buyout. It was unfortunate, but some businesses collapse and some don't. I can assure you, the new ownership group is financially sound and savvy. They will make sure it makes a profit. Its still a business and a new one at that, under the current structure. It does have an established brand with the FLW marquee surviving. Based on initial numbers, FLW is selling entries at all 3 levels at the best pace in years.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by 9094

Ha what a question who are you and credibility do you bring besides a giant chip on your shoulder for MLF?

I brought you the words spoken by one of the owner/anglers of MLF - do you dispute what he said? You act as if I am making this up. Did you watch the video and hear what he said? The other component is also verifiable, the Forrest Wood Cup was taken away from all the anglers who qualified for it and the money that went with it.. that’s indisputable and indefensible. You may not like my message, but it’s not being made up out of thin air.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 12:18 AM

I brought you the words spoken by one of the owner/anglers of MLF - do you dispute what he said? You act as if I am making this up. Did you watch the video and hear what he said? The other component is also verifiable, the Forrest Wood Cup was taken away from all the anglers who qualified for it and the money that went with it.. that’s indisputable and indefensible. You may not like my message, but it’s not being made up out of thin air.

1. Redcrest Spring 2021 - Not announced cause it's still being worked on (Howell let it slip so it's out there)

2. How ya know about a 10 fish limit? Interesting you'd know about that. Nonetheless, if the anglers want it and the sponsors like it, it will happen. It just cannot happen by flicking a switch...too many moving parts

3. FLW got thrown a life preserver by MLF and a lot of weekenders had a place to go this weekend because of it.

4. Pick your best 20 out of BASS & FLW - Put em' up against the pick of BPT's 20....who ya betting on ? …..any format

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 12:22 AM

If it’s not the anglers money, then who’s money is it? After all, it’s the anglers that bring in the advertising and sponsorship revenue. That’s kinda like saying that MLFLW didn’t run off with the purse for the Forrest Wood Cup - all those anglers who qualified for it paid membership fees, entry fees, and attracted sponsors, etc ... in order to qualify... [color:#3366FF]but at end of the season someone ran away with the purse monies for that event... how could it not be the anglers money, they are what brings in the revenue?[/color]

Unfortunately, FLW ceased to exist as a stand alone corporation once the intellectual property and naming rights were transferred to Major League Fishing. The prior entity's owner at the time of his death was in debt beyond the ability of his assets to pay. The net loss or lack of net worth is still in "lawyerland", but initial reports from The Star Tribune Minneapolis was approximately - $110MM. It could actually be more.
FLW as a significant holding of the deceased owners assets could have been on the hook to produce cash to the Jacob's estate's creditors, but there was no cash on hand other than operating capital and that was underwater at the time of Jacobs death. In a nutshell, FLW by the end of the 2019 season was approaching collapse. The only thing of value was the brand's identity. It's not like they manufactured anything other than publishing and digital content. FLW's very large tournament organization was the cash cow that had been milked. The only way to save the brand was to orchestrate a buy out without the "strings" of Jacob's estate (liabilities) and sell the intellectual property at an agreed upon price. (thus the hold up in getting the deal to close) MLF was not going to pay too much, nor should they have.
As for the FLW Cup dying, that sinking ship sailed and sunk in the harbor before the buyout. It was unfortunate, but some businesses collapse and some don't. I can assure you, the new ownership group is financially sound and savvy. They will make sure it makes a profit. Its still a business and a new one at that, under the current structure. It does have an established brand with the FLW marquee surviving. Based on initial numbers, FLW is selling entries at all 3 levels at the best pace in years.

Here we go again - the FLW was broke and MLF saved them [censored]. You fail to include that one article you cite was surpassed by many that contradict that Jacobs was broke and didn’t have assets to cover the debt, and that the whole estate is broiled in a probate dispute between the heirs. Needless to say, FLW was likely self sustaining considering it was a well established brand and didn’t need infusion of Jacobs estate to continue operations. What’s worse is the vast majority of employees that worked for FLW are now apart of the MLF organization, including one of Jacobs children. The people who once ran FLW should absolutely be ashamed of themselves for continuing to be apart of that organization that purposely structured things around ripping off a large group of anglers, the same angler community that made FLW what it was.

Stop making excuses for MLF - if they were so financially sound and had the backing you proclaim, then making things right for all those 2019 anglers who’ve been cheated wouldn’t be an issue because it’s the right thing to do... but then again, we know who is actually running MLF and his agenda is not to make things better for anglers, it’s suck as much money out of the org as possible, the fans and anglers be damned.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 12:36 AM

Big O you’re making my case. Cash in and more cash was out to the super indebted owner unfortunately. Irwin and Trish has built it and Irwin knew what was about to happen. His debts were real estate related with big banks knocking. The story is tragic but plans had been laid to allow a parachute for the legacy to survive.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 12:43 AM

Pick your best 80 from MLF...and WHO MADE EM WHO THEY ARE? B.A.S.S.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I’d say they made BASS too. Late night shows, ESPN and Fox News with KVD etc., raised the bar for them selves and the organization. Having BPT on a NFL Sunday is a new plateau altogether.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:00 AM

I figure that it’s gone in a half dozen years. Too boring for me. But then I can’t see why The View is around either.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:09 AM

I’d say they made BASS too. Late night shows, ESPN and Fox News with KVD etc., raised the bar for them selves and the organization. Having BPT on a NFL Sunday is a new plateau altogether.

I have to laugh at some of the chutzpah that come from people. KVD would be no one if it were not for BASS putting him on a pedestal like he was put on. Granted, the anglers are the show, but the long established brand of BASS made him the name he is. Speaking of which, is KVD one of those who still think he has power and influence and is going to be one of at least 3 that aren’t going to attend the Bassmaster classic to help support the sponsors on his jersey? I hear there are at least 3 if not more that are a bit ticked off and think they are going to make a statement by not appearing at the classic. Word already going around those who are looking for a pity party may end near sponsorless when it’s all said and done.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:13 AM

I have to laugh at some of the chutzpah that come from people. KVD would be no one if it were not for BASS putting him on a pedestal like he was put on. Granted, the anglers are the show, but the long established brand of BASS made him the name he is. Speaking of which, is KVD one of those who still think he has power and influence and is going to be one of at least 3 that aren’t going to attend the Bassmaster classic to help support the sponsors on his jersey? I hear there are at least 3 if not more that are a bit ticked off and think they are going to make a statement by not appearing at the classic. Word already going around those who are looking for a pity party may end near sponsorless when it’s all said and done.

You need to take this act to a comedy club. You are funny

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker
I figure that it’s gone in a half dozen years. Too boring for me. But then I can’t see why The View is around either.

True on The View. It’s in everyone’s best interest to see BASS, FLW and MLF grow. MLFLW is here to stay. Will it be changed or tweaked? Hell yes! They’re goal is to maximize marketability and appeal to ardent fans and atypical fans alike. Is this achievable? Who knows. To wish them to fail is silly. To think MLFLW doesn’t want ardent fans and endemic sponsors to be involved is equally silly.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:18 AM

This is starting to sound like a Democrat presidential debate.

Boring and senseless.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:19 AM

so who are you(MB), are you going to remain anonymous as well?

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:25 AM

Been a good discussion fellas but this thread is now in de territory sooooo...
Macho.......Out!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:31 AM

KVD has become a nobody, the housewives don’t know that he used to be the king. He went from being talked of as one of the best ever, to....KVD who???
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:36 AM

This is starting to sound like a Democrat presidential debate.

Boring and senseless.

That might be entertaining because there are visuals.
Posted By: Neal G

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:51 AM

Thank you for posting.
A guy can not count on their paid help here to get a balanced word out but yet claims to know it all.
Thankfully there a more than handful of BPT pros out there to balance the image to something more realistic when the actions/results and words do not match.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:54 AM

Regardless of what the ardent defenders of MLF are saying, they’ve showed nothing to substantiate their counter claims that MLF hasn’t bolted with the purse of now a second championship tournament. When you have one of the owner/anglers making a statement on a published video that says they don’t have a championship to fish for, I will take his word over the random MLF defenders on a message board any day. What’s even more interesting is the same ardent defenders make proclamations that MLF is stable and has a solid financial and sponsorship backing, while not acknowledging the prominence of the industry importance of the brands that have left them... while it’s true, KSE, the majority owner of MLF has seemingly bottomless pockets, that hasn’t ever played out as being the case in other sporting ventures he’s been involved with, quite the opposite really. That’s why the statements by many MFL advocates ring hollow, because if that financial backing was in it to make the sport better for anglers and fans alike, it wouldn’t have been anything of significance to KSE and MLFLW to have done the right thing to those anglers who qualified and had the Forrest Wood Cup purse taken from them. MLFLW set two precedents recently, 1.) they decided to make good on an existing FLW partnership (Pre sale) commitment to the Bass Federation and the winner of living the dream package, where they originally were telling them all to go pound sand... why was that different? I suspect it was the pressure from the hundreds of thousands of members of the Bass Federation and sponsors of such that influenced that decision, which technically was no different than the Forrest Wood Cup commitment. 2.) The worst of them all, they have showed they will take the purse of an implied and expected championship tournament and run with it only to make excuses later.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 03:23 AM

Yawn
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 04:19 AM

The real Championship of Bass fishing is coming up here in a few weeks anyways. Who cares about the “redcrest”. It’s nowhere near as prestigious as winning the classic and won’t make anyone’s career like winning the classic.
Posted By: camo-jorts

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 05:59 AM

Damn this is like Days of Our Lives TFF edition. Some of y’all need to get lives. Literally arguing which is better, Coke or Pepsi.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 06:14 AM

pepsi clear!

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by camo-jorts
Damn this is like Days of Our Lives TFF edition. Some of y’all need to get lives. Literally arguing which is better, Coke or Pepsi.

Definitely original Coca Cola
Posted By: CashFishingTeam

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:08 PM

Obviously need to take Pepsi challenge! Lol Pepsi! Oh and Many Little Fish still sucks 😂

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
Obviously need to take Pepsi challenge! Lol Pepsi! Oh and Many Little Fish still sucks 😂

It’s because they drink Pepsi.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

A lot of them Yankees drink “pop”....and a big fish up there is 2-1/2 pounds.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 02:16 PM

And they fish “derbies”.... bang
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 03:23 PM

Those guys that fish derbies also say the water is their stadium and 5x3.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 03:34 PM

And they fish “derbies”.... bang

I think we all can agree that we like to fish derbies
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 03:46 PM

So I was away on a different mission for 5 years , sort of a time warp. During that time MLF and the concept of BPT made quantum leaps in growth and prominence in the world of fishing competition. I find it entertaining to watch but I myself do not like "paper" tournaments for my own competition, I am just a traditional guy 5 fish bag (hopefully) go to the scales kind of guy.

But my advice to you Big O would be to "get over" your obsession or crusade with this , it's not going to make a difference. I don't know a thing about Boyd Duckett other than I have heard he's a love em or hate em kind of guy. But I do know a fair amount about the real monetary horse power behind the movement and that dude play's to win. This is a business venture to him that simply needs to make the most profit it can. If he can get away with "stealing" a championship purse...your words not mine, then he and his group with do that.

Again.....I like to watch it from time to time but do not like the concept for my own competition. If it went away for what ever reason I would care a bit.

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
So I was away on a different mission for 5 years , sort of a time warp. During that time MLF and the concept of BPT made quantum leaps in growth and prominence in the world of fishing competition. I find it entertaining to watch but I myself do not like "paper" tournaments for my own competition, I am just a traditional guy 5 fish bag (hopefully) go to the scales kind of guy.

But my advice to you Big O would be to "get over" your obsession or crusade with this , it's not going to make a difference. I don't know a thing about Boyd Duckett other than I have heard he's a love em or hate em kind of guy. But I do know a fair amount about the real monetary horse power behind the movement and that dude play's to win. This is a business venture to him that simply needs to make the most profit it can. If he can get away with "stealing" a championship purse...your words not mine, then he and his group with do that.

Again.....I like to watch it from time to time but do not like the concept for my own competition. If it went away for what ever reason I would care a bit.

But his post rile up the hornets nest, every single time....
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Yawn
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 05:31 PM

While I'm not a fan of the format, I don't see how anyone can believe the BPT is going to simply get rid of the RedCrest Championship.

If one is not held in 2020, I'm 100% positive the championship will be in 2021, much like it is in B.A.S.S.

If BPT would do away with the Championship, EVERYONE would bolt after the contracts are up. No way that is going to happen.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/28/20 07:40 PM

MLF didn't take off with anything Big O.

Originally Posted by fouzman
Big O, math's hard isn't it?

The Redcrest is being held in 2021. The payout for the last Redcrest was $739,000.

In place of Redcrest in 2020, the BPT added the "Heavy Hitters Tournament" for a total of nine, rather than 8 events. The purse for that ADDITIONAL tournament is $745,000.

Looks to me like the money is all still there, regardless of what the tournament's called.

Actually, BPT increased the 2020 payouts by $6,000

roflmao
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/30/20 06:55 PM

You sure do use quite a few big words that are not necessarily in context to what you mean them to be to try and sound smarter. The irony is, that everything you say, even with the big words, sounds like utter horse ish.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/30/20 07:03 PM

Some people have too much time on their hands.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: MLF makes off with another championship tournament purse - 01/30/20 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by crankbait745
Some people have too much time on their hands.

Wish that was my problem. Would spend more time on the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum