Texas Fishing Forum

Best place to stay a t Amistad

Posted By: Texascajun69

Best place to stay a t Amistad - 01/27/20 07:16 PM

I am heading to Amistad in a few weeks and haven't been there since I sold my ranch 11 yrs. ago. Any tips on best motel for boats and any lucky baits would be appreciated.
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Best place to stay a t Amistad - 01/27/20 07:51 PM

bump
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Best place to stay a t Amistad - 01/27/20 10:39 PM

Tommy Shields at River St. Lodge = 830 734 3248
Trailers and cabins all fully furnished with full kitchens. Best there is. Only about $10 more per night than the cheapest motel up town. It is just past the Ranger Dealership. Turn right on River St. immediately past the Store on the right. Say Hi for me please.

Thanks
Donald
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: Best place to stay a t Amistad - 01/28/20 02:10 AM

I stay at the Del Rio Executive Inn, not to be confused with the Del Rio Inn. Always been good to me there. Recently remodeled and tell them you have a boat and they have rooms you can park in front of with outlets available. Never had a single issue there.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Best place to stay a t Amistad - 01/28/20 02:36 AM

I stay at my in-laws when I visit Del Rio but will say the fishing isn’t the same as it was 11 years ago.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: Best place to stay a t Amistad - 01/28/20 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
I stay at my in-laws when I visit Del Rio but will say the fishing isn’t the same as it was 11 years ago.

It was pretty good this past Saturday.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Best place to stay a t Amistad - 01/29/20 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck72
Originally Posted by tmd11111

It was pretty good this past Saturday.

Yet still not 11 years ago good.
Posted By: KBALEY

Re: Best place to stay a t Amistad - 01/29/20 04:53 PM

Stay at Lorena's cabins. 830 765 1172. She also has a Bar & Grill next door. Clean and convenient, Plenty of room for truck and trailer and power to plug in.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Best place to stay a t Amistad - 01/29/20 05:58 PM

If available; Tommy's cabins and trailers are great but they will fill up fast now that some tournaments are fixing to start.
Loraine's are brand new and worth checking into.
Don't expect the fishing to be anything like 11 years ago. It is very sporadic and challenging to say the least. Seems like it can change at the drop of a hat.. every time I start to get a little confidence in something I get humbled..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum