Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool

Posted By: RATZ

Joe Pool - 01/24/20 05:04 PM

hows it been? Going camping out there this weekend.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Joe Pool - 01/24/20 07:23 PM

It’s low and cold. Which, for JP, means c rig and slow.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Joe Pool - 01/24/20 09:11 PM

Been super slow but haven't fished in 2 weeks. Mainly fishing C-rig but still been slow. Hell, I even found some big schools of sand bass in 25-30 FOW and couldn't even get those to bite. You figure something out let me know. I'll be out Saturday figuring out my new Ulterra and graphs I got for Christmas. And I'll probably not see a Christmas present for 10 years :-)
Posted By: Steve PIII

Re: Joe Pool - 01/24/20 09:48 PM

Shake a small spoon on the bottom for those sand bass. Works pretty well when the water is cold. Like a 1/2-ounce War Eagle.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Joe Pool - 01/24/20 10:29 PM

Anybody know if you can get in the river?haven't been since cedar hill closed the north ramp
Posted By: wagonwheel

Re: Joe Pool - 01/25/20 12:31 PM

We went for a little while yesterday (Friday,1/24) as the weather was absolutely beautiful. I did catch a couple on a c-rig with a plastic worm. For one the boat was in 4 ft water fishing toward the bank, the other (and several good bites) we were in about 12 feet fishing toward the bank. Water is pretty low with the temp around 52. I talked to a guy at the ramp who was fishing in 20 feet of water and had no luck at all. The bites were very subtle. Oh yeah, the wife caught a pretty good nap!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum