Texas Fishing Forum

7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations

Posted By: KenTx1962

7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 01:25 AM

This afternoon I wanted to see how practice went and what expectations are for weights this week at FLW Tour event at Sam Rayburn. I spoke with Matt Reed, Nick LeBrun, Dicky Newberry, Clark Reehm, Chris McCall, Jim Tutt and Billy McCaghren to see how it went.

Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 02:20 AM

Good stuff Ken! It will be fun to watch! I fished Sunday morning... found a awesome bank and put a good 19 lbs in the boat in a hour. The other 5 hours were pretty slow. If one of those guys find spots like that the weights could be heavy! The rain and cold weather we just got will alter it some!
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 02:59 AM

Great video and information. I did notice one guy staying around the corner with his name on his truck showing Jason Cristy. I noticed he didn’t practice but about 4 hours the whole practice period so he’s either on them or he’s been sick all week, not sure which. Did see John Cox yesterday and with him in the field, then there’s a threat if the fish are shallow. Going to be interesting for sure with the weather changing.

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 03:52 AM

Your kidding...that the guy that says he’s suing Luke Dunkin!
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 04:49 AM

Great info.....Looking forward to see how this plays out.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 12:36 PM

Going to be interesting for sure. Theres not enough grass spots for everybody but somebody could probably do pretty good if they can get one by theirselves and mix in a few spots in the 12-14' range. Locals could have an effect going in to the weekend, its rayburn and the GPS pirates will be out in full force. As always there will be one or two that really catch some big bags that carry them thru.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 01:06 PM

Three things Ken:
1) Great vid and info as always
2) Little man is growing like a weed and is gonna be your back seat before you know it
3) You have one heck of a view from your office!

Good luck this weekend boss!
Posted By: kellisag

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fishing on a string
Great video and information. I did notice one guy staying around the corner with his name on his truck showing Jason Cristy. I noticed he didn’t practice but about 4 hours the whole practice period so he’s either on them or he’s been sick all week, not sure which. Did see John Cox yesterday and with him in the field, then there’s a threat if the fish are shallow. Going to be interesting for sure with the weather changing.

I doubt he is on them... I don't think he caught a limit all tournaments combined last year. Dude has no business on a "Pro" tour.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 02:03 PM

Great video Ken! cheers
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by kellisag

I doubt he is on them... I don't think he caught a limit all tournaments combined last year. Dude has no business on a "Pro" tour.

He never catches them but he's loaded so I'm sure he doesn't care

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 02:45 PM

Comforting to see some things don’t change, FLW app not working more than working this morning....

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

He never catches them but he's loaded so I'm sure he doesn't care

True. I would be embarrassed though!
Posted By: RO519

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by KenTx1962
Comforting to see some things don’t change, FLW app not working more than working this morning....

Their app and website are hot garbage!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 06:01 PM

Gleason caught a good one....

https://www.facebook.com/1740697560...DAwMDg2NTU1MTYzOToyODI0ODk5MzQ0MjE1NTU2/
Posted By: slim 285

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 07:09 PM

I guess we all should just be glad there still is a FLW . I noticed while watching the takeoff on Facebook that there was probably 40 % did not have a Marshall or whatever they call them .

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 09:10 PM

Cox and Gleason both with 21+ to kick off the weigh in.

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 09:55 PM

Jason Christy with 2lbs....

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 10:10 PM

That's his avg bag. Been doing it for years, dude just doesn't care haha
Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 10:20 PM

Jason Christy must have deep pockets.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/23/20 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

That's his avg bag. Been doing it for years, dude just doesn't care haha

In 11 competition days in 2019/2020 he is averaging 1.36 keepers per day.

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/24/20 04:25 AM

Finally down here for the weekend, have Chris McCall, Matt Reed and Billy McCaghren staying here with us. Billy struggling, Matt had a limit in like 10 minutes this morning (on a spot you guys have seen me fish on my videos) and just never got on a bigger school, McCall covered enough water and ran into a good one and had a nice sack. Dakota struggled, really surprised me, Newberry said “the bigs just didn’t bite” (don’t count him out, he’s reversing the order of what he fished today), from pics John Cox will get covered up tomorrow because it’s so easy to see where he was and that’s unfortunately how this works sometimes. I still like Newberry and Nick, McCall since they are on moving bait. But gotta like Gleason, he said he got a little lucky, but one over 6 is lucky, two you got something working and I saw him over here a ton before cutoff so he did his homework. I’ll get some footage tomorrow and get it up tomorrow night, hopefully of some big catches!
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/24/20 01:02 PM

Cox pretty open about bait selection as well. Great update.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/24/20 01:35 PM

I’ll look for you on the lake this afternoon,I will be on the water breaking in the Merc on my new Falcon. If I see you I’ll flag you down and say hi. I’ll be staying at my camp at Lakeview tonight before heading to Toledo tomorrow morning.

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/24/20 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by skeeterbugzx300
Jason Christy must have deep pockets.

Very ..

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/24/20 02:32 PM

I think Cox is up the lake well above the bridge fishing like he did last year.
Posted By: my2nd40

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/24/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by slim 285
I guess we all should just be glad there still is a FLW . I noticed while watching the takeoff on Facebook that there was probably 40 % did not have a Marshall or whatever they call them .

I saw that too. So what is the deal? Can't they get enough people for marshals?
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/25/20 12:04 AM

Cox with a 5 pound lead over Darold Gleason

Re: 7 FLW Tour Pro's Update us on Practice at Rayburn and Their Expectations - 01/25/20 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by my2nd40
Originally Posted by slim 285

I saw that too. So what is the deal? Can't they get enough people for marshals?

Pay them to go sit for 8+ hours in cold conditions to maybe watch a guy catch a good limit, most likely not. Sounds fun
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum