Texas Fishing Forum

Mexico Trip

Posted By: Stratos2011

Mexico Trip - 01/21/20 06:14 PM

I am going to Baccarac at the end of Feb. my passport expires May 4th. i am finding several different answers. some say you have to have 6 months left to be valid. i went to travel.state.gov and that says it just needs to be valid at time of trip. Anyone here have this happen to them? I need to know if im good to go??
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Mexico Trip - 01/21/20 06:21 PM

Your passport is valid until the date of expiration. ... Many countries require your passport to have 3 to 6 months validity remaining before they will allow you to enter or issue a travel visa. It is important that you verify the entry requirements. To do this, click the link below.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Mexico Trip - 01/21/20 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Stratos2011
I am going to Baccarac at the end of Feb. my passport expires May 4th. i am finding several different answers. some say you have to have 6 months left to be valid. i went to travel.state.gov and that says it just needs to be valid at time of trip. Anyone here have this happen to them? I need to know if im good to go??

You need six months of validity so I'd get a new one asap. We just went through this with my wife.
Posted By: chmp186

Re: Mexico Trip - 01/21/20 11:00 PM

Mexico does not have the 6 month rule but some other countries do. As long as your passport is good for the time you are there then you should be good to go. https://www.us-passport-service-gui...-passport-that-expires-in-one-month.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum