Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Arlington

Posted By: Skeeter2020

Lake Arlington - 01/10/20 07:21 PM

[b]Went fishing a lot on this lake in 2019 and I typically do pretty good up to about 10ft of water catching fish but I’ve been looking for the larger bass. I spent many hours fishing deep and have been unsuccessful. Any tips for fishing deep? Thank you In advance!
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Lake Arlington - 01/10/20 08:39 PM

Wrong lake.
No fish in there.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Lake Arlington - 01/10/20 08:48 PM

Well sadly the only way to catch big fish from there is to keep fishing whatever you are catching them on. Ive caught 10 dinks on a dropshot then caught a 8lber offer the same school so it really tough to only target big ones. But it does help when the power plant is pumping water in the winter too
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Arlington - 01/10/20 08:56 PM

the lake can be awesome 1 out of 20 times but when its on, its on. a lot of the big girls stay behind fences till its time to eat.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Lake Arlington - 01/11/20 01:01 AM

No kidding those fish know where they can go and have zero pressure
Posted By: Skeeter2020

Re: Lake Arlington - 01/11/20 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
Well sadly the only way to catch big fish from there is to keep fishing whatever you are catching them on. Ive caught 10 dinks on a dropshot then caught a 8lber offer the same school so it really tough to only target big ones. But it does help when the power plant is pumping water in the winter too

I guess I should’ve reword that. I haven’t figured out how/what to use deep. Not necessarily targeting big fish but during the summer months is when I struggle most, when the fish move deep.

Btw, where are y’all located? I see you fix reels?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lake Arlington - 01/11/20 03:44 PM

How do you find out when they are generating? Is there a website similar to getting BOR release flows on western rivers?
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Arlington - 01/11/20 07:56 PM

its very rare, not sure how to find out other than driving by on 820
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Lake Arlington - 01/12/20 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S

+1 its luck of the draw they only run the plant when high demand. or atleast thats what they told me.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lake Arlington - 01/12/20 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S

+1 its luck of the draw they only run the plant when high demand. or atleast thats what they told me.

Thanks guys
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum