Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin 93sv mapping

Posted By: CrankBank

Garmin 93sv mapping - 01/09/20 12:48 PM

Bought a boat that has Garmin 93sv echo plus electronics. Is there any reason to by the Lakevu chip or is mapping already installed?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Garmin 93sv mapping - 01/09/20 01:27 PM

The map on it is worthless
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin 93sv mapping - 01/09/20 01:32 PM

Just go through the lakes you fish and check them out. Most of the maps are really good but there are some lakes that aren't mapped or aren't mapped very good.

SE Kansas grass grower (retired)
Posted By: Bassattak

Re: Garmin 93sv mapping - 01/09/20 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ring fry
Just go through the lakes you fish and check them out. Most of the maps are really good but there are some lakes that aren't mapped or aren't mapped very good.

SE Kansas grass grower (retired)

This is pretty spot on. I have the same graphs and have found most lake maps to be very good. I have had some that were not so great. The Garmin graphs seem to be very user friendly but still have great features as good or better than your more top name brands.
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Garmin 93sv mapping - 01/09/20 02:58 PM

Mine came installed with the chip , and can’t complain about any of the mapping. My dad isn’t a fan of the mapping because it’s just topographic, and doesn’t have any channel lines like Lowrance does. However if you know how to read a topic map, then it’s extremely detailed and easy to use.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Garmin 93sv mapping - 01/10/20 01:20 AM

Recently added a Garmin 93SV Echo Plus to my bow, but only because the ducer is small and gave me side imaging up front. I have Lowrance units and disconnect the ducer (US2) on the one at the bow and only use it for mapping since it's linked to the console unit. The 93SV is a awesome unit and provides excellent imaging.

The Echo Plus units have been discontinued and 93SV is extremely hard to find. If you want to make a change, shouldn't be hard to sell your units. I may even be watching the classifieds for your post.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum