Texas Fishing Forum

Collapsible landing net.

Posted By: Agape

Collapsible landing net. - 01/05/20 11:03 PM

Need a new one that will fit in rod box , which one you like best?
Thanks!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/05/20 11:15 PM

I’ve learned that the big rubber Frabill will barely fit in the rod box, and barely fit a 20”+ largemouth. Any smaller of a net and it’s useless anyways. I’d just as soon not carry a small net, even if it takes up little to no room. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. On days I don’t need a net, or a net is not allowed, I just toss it into the garage before I leave.

If you stil want a suggestion, a friend has the little triangle shaped Frabill that can fit almost anywhere. I wouldn’t use it on a money fish though. His folded in half on a 4 pounder. Lol.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/05/20 11:21 PM

I would not trust a Hiber-net in a tournament situation either. The flexible rim is a disaster waiting to happen with a good size fish.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/05/20 11:33 PM

Frabill Ranger folding net......the ones that Skeeter dealers have.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Agape
Need a new one that will fit in rod box , which one you like best?
Thanks!

I have an extra net that is like new, Ranger tournament series. Paid $60 will sell for $35. It is collapsible. Pic is in classifieds.

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 12:34 AM

Since I don't use a net often, I bought the bass pro folding net. I wish I had bought a larger one because a few of the larger fish I have caught the back of the body was hanging out but it hasn't lost a fish yet. My main reason for buying it was because I don't use it often and liked the compact size when folded and it easily opens one handed with a flick of the wrist. I just store it under my console for easy access when needed.
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 12:45 AM

Frabill power stow
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 12:55 AM

Better off use a regular net ,folding nets suck.
J D
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 01:52 AM

I bought one of the bass pro shop gold series folding nets. Coated rubber, compact, one hand opening. I’m not selling them lol but I like it. It’s put a couple 10’s in the boat so it’s big enough.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 02:26 AM

I won a KVD folding net . I think it is made by stowmaster . I would buy another if anything happens to this one.
Posted By: squib

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Coolarrow
I bought one of the bass pro shop gold series folding nets. Coated rubber, compact, one hand opening. I’m not selling them lol but I like it. It’s put a couple 10’s in the boat so it’s big enough.

I have that net as well. No complaints.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 01:12 PM

frabill sliding handle net, rides in floor on psngr side and is never in the way. will easily handle a large fish. academy, wal mart, bass pro etc. mine is like the picture but has the rubberized net.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
frabill sliding handle net, rides in floor on psngr side and is never in the way. will easily handle a large fish. academy, wal mart, bass pro etc. mine is like the picture but has the rubberized net.

[Linked Image]

Exactly what I have...with the rubberized net. A “small” tweak in the roundness of the net, and it fits the starboard side just right.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by hopalong

[Linked Image]

Exactly what I have...with the rubberized net. A “small” tweak in the roundness of the net, and it fits the starboard side just right.

Me too. It has been a good net.
Posted By: texasryan9

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 05:32 PM

I have the Frabill Hiber-Net that collapses inside the handle and I have enjoyed it. Stores away in the rod box EASILY.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 07:51 PM

I have a Frabill Powerstow 20" x 24" x 36" handle folding net then immediately changed out the net to a 20" x 24" Bass Pro "dipped" replacement net.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-replacement-netting
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/06/20 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by texasryan9
I have the Frabill Hiber-Net that collapses inside the handle and I have enjoyed it. Stores away in the rod box EASILY.

As do I...never had an issue with it.

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/07/20 12:24 AM

Thanks for all the replies.
Lots of options.
Posted By: bobrfishes

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/18/20 01:29 AM

I have been using a Hibernet since 2000. I fish Fork exclusively and have never had a problem netting fish up to 12 lbs. Any problem with this net is probably on the handle.
Posted By: COKEMAN

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/18/20 05:48 PM

I like the Hibernet, in theory. I bought my dad one years ago and he still uses it. My only real problem with it is the net material. That cloth (almost yarn) will grab crankbait hooks and not let go with out A LOT of patience. I keep thinking I am going to figure out a replacement material, but the stiffer, more common net material may be too stiff to properly fold up into the handle.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/18/20 06:56 PM

Real bass men don't use no stink'in nets.
[Linked Image]
roflmao

Re: Collapsible landing net. - 01/19/20 02:04 PM

OUCH!!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum