Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine

Posted By: wild bill

Palestine - 01/05/20 12:49 PM

For years I have struggled on Palestine, Here I am in my 'old' age and still struggling. I know every inch of that lake but it still kicks my butt. I know that this time of the year the areas to fish, but I dont want to have my boat in the repair shop in the first part of the year. With the lake LOW it is just dangerous. I am trying to fish more areas where 'my stuff' will not suffer. Are there others out there NOT wanting to 'tear it up' just to win place or show in a tournament ?
Hope yall have a good year

wild bill
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Palestine - 01/05/20 03:43 PM

I think you can get up where you need to be and not tear your stuff up . Just got to go slow .!!!!!!!
Posted By: 94sktr

Re: Palestine - 01/05/20 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by wild bill
For years I have struggled on Palestine, Here I am in my 'old' age and still struggling. I know every inch of that lake but it still kicks my butt. I know that this time of the year the areas to fish, but I dont want to have my boat in the repair shop in the first part of the year. With the lake LOW it is just dangerous. I am trying to fish more areas where 'my stuff' will not suffer. Are there others out there NOT wanting to 'tear it up' just to win place or show in a tournament ?
Hope yall have a good year

wild bill

I'm kind a with you. Good to see your out on the lake, hope all is well.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Palestine - 01/05/20 07:43 PM

Try jerkbait around docks and any points or banks with rock or concrete.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Palestine - 01/06/20 01:30 AM

There are places on Palestine I just won't go. Flat Creek is one of them. We have torn up something on my boat or my partner's the last 3-4 times I've been back there. Last time it was my lower unit even though I was idling. The stumps are like petrified wood.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum