Texas Fishing Forum

Best Time,Lakes,Guide

Posted By: Gdorty

Best Time,Lakes,Guide - 01/05/20 04:32 AM

Hello everyone new member here from Illinois ! I have a son that lives in Buda,TX and we’d like to plan a trip in that area of the state in the spring for some bass fishing. I was looking for some recommendations on when in the springtime is good down there and some good guides also. I’d ask for lakes also but I suppose the guide would suggest a good one I’m assuming. We thought March would be good but not sure since this will be both of ours first taste of Texas Bass Fishing. Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks Glenn
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Best Time,Lakes,Guide - 01/05/20 05:26 AM

Mid March is great. Check out Charles whited. Barefootfishing tours
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Best Time,Lakes,Guide - 01/05/20 10:43 AM

Another option

Contact
You can contact me, Ander Meine, via cell phone or e-mail.

Phone: Call or Text (435) 313-1838

E-mail: andermeine@gmail.com
Posted By: BaylorBass

Re: Best Time,Lakes,Guide - 01/06/20 12:59 AM

Welcome to the Lone Star state Glenn! If you are staying in Buda, Lake Travis would probably be the closest lake to you with good fishing. (Lake Dunlap would have been another great lake but sadly that's gone RIP) Lake LBJ is a little further out but also has great fishing.

The fish will be spawning in March, so depending on what time in March you are here bed fishing will be really good. The shad spawn also happens around this time, and that is hands down my favorite time to fish. Travis has an excellent topwater bite in the spring, and finding schooling fish is pretty reliable so jerkbaits, swimbaits and umbrella rigs are all in play. Charles and Ander are both excellent guides and will put you on fish!

Lake Travis is my home lake where I spend most of my time, so I would love to put my hat in the ring as well. Feel free to check out my website www.torwicksguidingservice.com or my Instagram @laketravisfishingguide
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum