Texas Fishing Forum

Help on Stillhouse

Posted By: fishtail67

Help on Stillhouse - 01/04/20 08:38 PM

I am going to Stillhouse for the first time ever on Tuesday 1/7/20 and am not looking for any "holes" to fish but what type of areas are there and any specific dangers areas on the lake that I should be aware of like shallow flats in the middle of the lake, stumps, ETC. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Help on Stillhouse - 01/04/20 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by fishtail67
I am going to Stillhouse for the first time ever on Tuesday 1/7/20 and am not looking for any "holes" to fish but what type of areas are there and any specific dangers areas on the lake that I should be aware of like shallow flats in the middle of the lake, stumps, ETC. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Been there twice.

Last time I was there, lots of grass and vegetation.... CLEAR WATER. I'm talking, you'll be in 8-10ft and be able to see the bottom.. So use mono/flurocarbon.

As far as running the lake, I haven't ran the ENTIRE thing, but just common sense... Stay in the middle, hang the points wide. There's not really any navigational hazards that I remember of.. could be wrong though. I do remember seeing a stump field here and there if I recall correctly, but again, common sense.. If you see stumps don't go hauling [censored] through them

If I was you though, I'd save the extra 30 min drive and go to Belton.
Posted By: fishtail67

Re: Help on Stillhouse - 01/04/20 11:57 PM

Thanks for the info dk2429 I've fished Belton but never Stillhouse so want to give it a look.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum